• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo coming back?

jadedone4

imported post

Agree, Walmart (Manassas and FairLakes locations) have 9mm ammo; 50/rds Federal FMJ's at/about $10/box - better get em while the fixn's are good...

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Yorktown WallyWorld ammo shelves are still bare of the necessary calibers every time I visit (45 ACP and 7.62x39). Looking forward to the day the manufacturers "catch up" with the demand.

WheelGUNpacker

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
There was never a shortage of bullets.

Cartridges however, were and remain in short supply.

Bullets are easy but finding rounds has become a monster! I am sure this is ONLY Bush's fault!

I was down in Manassas last week a buddy turned me on to a shop over there and I hit the jackpot! Will be making another trip down in two weeks.

But we have to admitt it is starting, yes I said starting to get a little bit better.

Have any of you heard where Sam Gundersonand catus groovehas been playing lately?

jadedone4

imported post

UPDATE - Manassas and Fair Lakes Walmarts are now COMPLETELY out of all 9mm Ammo; spoke to managers at both locations - not expecting ammo to stores anytime soon.

Oh, well, I have 25boxes of 50/rds Federal FMJ 115grain - strictly for range use, so that should keep me afloat for at least 3-4months.

WheelGUNpacker

imported post

jadedone4 wrote:
UPDATE - Manassas and Fair Lakes Walmarts are now COMPLETELY out of all 9mm Ammo; spoke to managers at both locations - not expecting ammo to stores anytime soon.

Oh, well, I have 25boxes of 50/rds Federal FMJ 115grain - strictly for range use, so that should keep me afloat for at least 3-4months.

Jade I find it better to drive in and check them out, it seems they won't always tell you on the phone.

Most seem to have the 44 mag but sometimes it is just as hard to find 22lr's

Thanks for the updates. I will be down in South Carolina in a few weeks I will be checking inventories down there as well, NOT like it will be any better. But I will be doing some deer hunting in the sweltering heat and maybe bring home some fresh venison and some rifle and pistol rounds as well.

riverrat10k

imported post

My buddy just called me and said the Wally world on Sheila Lane has Federal .40 for $12.99. He just picked up 3 boxes and I guess I should get off the couch and go get some.