• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lehi man shoots intruder, but he gets away...

scorpioajr

imported post

This wasn't you THX, was it?! Freakin' cows man...
Sounds like a gun saved this mans life or at least prevented getting stabbed multiple times an then who knows what.
i SWEAR i'm the only one who keeps their doors locked and won't open up for anyone i do not know.
--------------------------------------------------------------

LEHI -- Tense moments in Lehi Tuesday after police set up a perimeter looking for a suspect in a home-invasion robbery.
The all clear has been given, but there are a lot of worried neighbors. They saw dozens of police cars in the street and officers with weapons and K-9s, looking for a man who tried to stab someone inside his home.
Around 2 p.m. a 23-year-old man reported to police that someone broke inside his home near 2400 North and 800 West. He said the man tried to stab him, so he grabbed a gun and fired a shot at the intruder and chased him away through the back door.
Police from not only Lehi, but American Fork, Saratoga Springs and Utah County sheriff's deputies searched for the suspect for nearly an hour.
The victim's sister, Annie, told KSL, "What happened, what we've been told is that someone tried to stop my brother. I guess my brother shot at him and missed and scared the guy off, and he ran away."
Greg Neer, with the Lehi Police Department, said, "We do not have a suspect in custody. We have a description of him. He's wearing a black, he's described as wearing a black tank top with cammo shorts, some Nike running shoes and his hair was light brown, has a little bit spiky in the front."
Neighbors were obviously alarmed to be told by police to stay inside their homes, especially after hearing the suspect could be armed with a knife.
In the end, no suspect was found, and right now detectives are interviewing the victim at the police station to try and find out more information.
Police are still unsure if the suspect was hit, and at this point aren't giving any more information about what happened.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7162597

thx997303

imported post

Negative, I'm in Texas and will be for a little while.

Well, this is just another thing supporting why I carry a gun.

Lucky that man had a gun nearby.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
SNIP Negative, I'm in Texas and will be for a little while.
NOAA satellites just picked up concentrations of cattle moving your way under cover of darkness. Good job on revealing your location on a public forum.
:)

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Notice how the bad guys always run away when it's their ass on the line when a gun owner turns the tables on em. This situation is a classic example of how a sidearm can save a life. I don't even open the windows in the house at night when I get home from work to let cool air in without carrying my XD around with me, and this kind of crap is exactly why.

Kevin

ScottyT

imported post

It gives clothing and hair descriptions and nothing else? WTF? It seems like Greg Neer could have given a bit more info.

An actual journalist might have asked about race, height, weight, etc. Maybe they did ask, I wasn't there...

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
It gives clothing and hair descriptions and nothing else? WTF? It seems like Greg Neer could have given a bit more info.

An actual journalist might have asked about race, height, weight, etc. Maybe they did ask, I wasn't there...
The media rarely ever reports on race of suspects these days. Wouldn't want to appear biased after all.

I see no reason to report on race in most cases when the suspect is in custody. But if the BG is still at large, as complete a description as possible seems only rational to me. But this is the media we are talking about.

bmeldrum

imported post

Way to go dude!! Thatburglar picked the wrong house to break into (he should know better he's in Lehi almost everyone has a gun). We should track the shooter down and get him on this forum and tell us what it was like...

scorpioajr

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
.....in the house at night when I get home from work....carrying my XD around with me, and this kind of crap is exactly why.

Kevin
I hear that kev!
Some of my buds give me grief for carrying when i am at home. "Dude, you got a shotgun in your closet, whats the point? To feel like a big man??" No... because the shotgun is IN the closet! The handgun is easier to walk around with on my hip than the shotgun from room to room. Paranoia? No. As i have said many many times, i just do not want to be like one of these dudes we are constantly reading about.

It was very lucky that this dude was able to even get to his gun without getting stabbed. I dunno, just a +1 carrying at the house bro.

bmeldrum

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Some of my buds give me grief for carrying when i am at home.
I carry at home as well & my wife is always saying: "take the gun off, you don't need to keep wearing it" and other comments like that. I like to wear it when out in theyard, mowing etc.We also live in Lehi not where this took place but another part of town. My wife is now coming around to see the light. What good is having a gun (protection)if it's in the other room or locked away?!...

So I went onto KSL and read some of the comments: I'm kind of leary about this story personally especially after I read it: ifit truly happened than good forhim. I have to agree with some of thecomments:not really a good description of the intruder (the nike shoes are a nice touch), personally I would be trying to remember as much detail as possible, the guyfired a shot & chased him away (how do you miss? I understand adrenalin comes into play, its scary and you might be shaking butif someone istrying to stab you than they have to be pretty close to your person in order todo so,so chances of missing, hmm?),took thevictim to the police station for questioning. No good description, no witnesses, nobody in custody.. like some of the comments it sounds like its another accidental discharge andhe tried toCHA (cover his*$#)