Thread: Possibly moving to Alexandria.

Post imported post

Hello, everyone. I'm a new member to the site, but have enjoyed reading the forums from different states for the past 6 months. I have a question for the folks in Louisiana, particularly anyone in the Alexandria area. Do you have any problems open carrying in Alexandria? I'm possibly going to be moving to the area from Arizona within the next 6 months and was wondering.

Post imported post

I talked to our former sheriff and he says that if you opened carry on the street, "an officer won't let you get away with it." Even though he admitted there is no law against it. On the contrary, I have never been stopped and when in my car and I get pulled over I have told the cops I have a gun on me and they haven't said anything negative.... it all depends on the officer.

Post imported post

Welcome to the site and the Louisiana section Bernman01.

If you come to Louisiana with the expectation that this place is ENTIRELY different on every level (not just firearms) from Arizona, you'll do fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

Post imported post

I'm sorry you have to move to Alexandria. If youform a negative opinion of the area, don't hold it against the rest of the state!

Post imported post

HEY!!! you're talking about my home town buddy..... ok so it does kinda suck....

Post imported post

biggin215 wrote:
    HEY!!! you're talking about my home town buddy..... ok so it does kinda suck....
    So, do you go to any Aces games?

Post imported post

No not in like 9 years.

Post imported post

I went to some Aces games while I lived there.

It's not TERRIBLE...it's just that every other "hub" town in LA is better. Meaning Shreveport, Monroe, Lake Charles, and Lafayette.

I lived in Pineville for six years as a kid and recently lived there almost 2 years as an adult.

What did I hate most? Driving on MacArthur for everything. Ugh. Shreveport is larger with better traffic plans.

Post imported post

why don't you guys come to aces games? i don't play for them, but i play on a team in their league. we are in town now until saturday- come out and support!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

Toros?

I'll be broadcasting from the Gunslingers game tonight, versus Big Bend.

Post imported post

yeah the toros- you broadcast for the gunslingers? we play big bend this week and then go to texarkana next tuesday
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote:
    yeah the toros- you broadcast for the gunslingers? we play big bend this week and then go to texarkana next tuesday
    A friend and I do the webcast of home games for the Gunslingers.I won't be there for those makeup games on Tuesday, because I have to work. I'm still pissed that Baron made us give up home field advantage and play one of the makeup games at your stadium.

After the 'Slingers blew both games Saturday to split the series against Big Bend, we sure need your help. Sweep 'em, so we can get into the playoffs!

Post imported post

Im from Glenmora originally and have talked with many RPSD ( Rapides Parish Sheriff Deputy) and they have remarked that if they see someone open carrying a firearm , there was nothing they could do. One made mention a few months agoto paraphrase 'As long as they wasnt waving it and threatening anyone , I'd drive right past' I live in Richland Parish now and Open Carry all around Rayville , La.

Good Luck

Rick Marcantel

Post imported post

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...WS01/908300311

Mean Street: Gunfire a part of life of on Levin Street in Alexandria

By Abbey Brown • abrown@thetowntalk.com • August 30, 2009

By Friday afternoon, the makeshift memorial near where an Alexandria man was shot to death Tuesday morning had grown to several bouquets, a cross and other items.

It's another reminder that residents there live in a dangerous area. They say the sounds of gunshots are familiar -- part of life on Levin Street in Alexandria.

A woman who lives near the site of last week's shooting said she and her family don't have a choice other than to just "deal with it." She said most of those living in the area can't afford to just "pack up and leave after every shooting."

Tuesday's shooting was the sixth on Levin Street in a little more than three months time. Killed was 23-year-old William King of Alexandria. The man arrested and charged with his murder was 18-year-old Launey Johnson III, who had at least two felony arrests under his belt in a mere three months before he reportedly shot King in the head with a shotgun, tried to shoot at two others when his gun jammed and then successfully shot at another but missed, police say.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Okay, but what's any of this got to do with the true purpose of the 2nd amendment?
    A free society defends itself against the tyranny of criminals as well, not just the tyranny of invaders or elected officials.

Post imported post

I'm not sure what you're arguing. This is OCDO, not true-purpose-of-the-second-amendment.org

I don't care why anyone cares. They can carry for self defense, to water the tree of liberty, or just because they like guns. Those are all protected by the Second Amendment.

Post imported post

404 Not Found
    Firefox can't find the server at www.true-purpose-of-the-second-amendment.org.

Post imported post

Bernman01 is moving to La.?Welcome..and I think for the most part your open carry will be accepted.But, here too..you will run intopeople who will at times..give you a negative response. A lot of it depends on the location of the state you are in.New Orleans? What can I say? But, outside of that area..o.c. is met with more welcomed responses.But, I can promise you..you willmeet up with some unaccepting remarks, looks, etc. Guess it's that way anywhere? Again..welcome.

Post imported post

carrynottarry wrote:
    Bernman01 is moving to La.?Welcome..and I think for the most part your open carry will be accepted.But, here too..you will run intopeople who will at times..give you a negative response. A lot of it depends on the location of the state you are in.New Orleans? What can I say? But, outside of that area..o.c. is met with more welcomed responses.But, I can promise you..you willmeet up with some unaccepting remarks, looks, etc. Guess it's that way anywhere? Again..welcome.
    wtf are you doing replying to all these old posts? This one is from a year ago - the last one you replied to was from two years ago.