Thread: ammo

Post imported post

Has anyone ever heard of hornady critical defence in 9mm i found some today,never heard of them before.i was just wondering if they are worth the money and if anybody else uses them for self/home defense

Post imported post

gunman wrote:
    Has anyone ever heard of hornady critical defence in 9mm i found some today,never heard of them before.i was just wondering if they are worth the money and if anybody else uses them for self/home defense
    It's a new offering from Hornady and it's supposed to expand consistently and well over an extremely wide range of velocities. It's especially good in the lighter calibers that some consider to be "less-than-adequate" such as .380 ACP.

Handgun Magazine did a review of it here: http://www.handgunsmag.com/ammunitio...903/index.html

He even tested it in .380 from a Kel-Tec P3AT sub-compact pocket-pistol and got 9-10" of penetration in gelatin. The stuff reportedly expands reliably where other bullets fail such as on denim and heavy jackets. This stuff works just like the "Power-Ball" ammo did back in the day.