• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am being evicted for possessing a gun

Pace

imported post

Seriously, I just received my eviction notice claiming I am a nuisance. The reason as told on the phone is my possession of a firearm.

I'm going to sue, and take this to court. Anyone want to get involved?

--
Update: Attorney called their attorney, told them I was going to sue, they are backing off and want to meet. They said that I have a cache of weapons and that they figured I was a drug dealer. No joke.

Best,
Pace

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
Seriously, I just received my eviction notice claiming I am a nuisance. The reason as told on the phone is my possession of a firearm.

--
Update: Attorney called their attorney, told them I was going to sue, they are backing off and want to meet. They said that I have a cache of weapons and that they figured I was a drug dealer. No joke.

Best,
Pace
Awesome. I'm fresh out of aspirin and bourbon. When can you be here? I got cash money.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wait a minute. That makes no sense. A drug dealer with a cache of weapons?

Do they need some time to get their story straight? A drug dealer with a side business as an arms dealer? A combination drug dealer and arms bazaar? The armorer for the local drug gang?

Jeez.

Pace

imported post

Oh, the story is much worse:

Why don't I have the place furnished? (I moved in 5 days ago, the stuff is being delivered)

Why did I install a security camera on the front door (because it doesnt have a peephole)

Why when you run my name on the internet is there a webpage that says I am with the CIA / Zionist conspiracy (True story)

The overall questions that her attorney asked, was "Why do I need a gun."

'Cause I can. I have rifles, machine guns, you name it.. Its not going to change as long as I live in the great f-ing State of Nevada.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Pace wrote:

How did they come to know that you have a gun?

How did they come to conclude that you have a "cache" of weapons?

Any idea?

Pace

imported post

I am curious about the cache of weapons things.

As per another thread, she was sending employees over to do work on the property without notice and I confronted them when they were in the back yard or in one case in an unmarked truck going into my driveway/parked infront of the house for a bit.

I wear a suit jacket most of the time, but in this temp, I tend to open carry.

wrightme

imported post

Pace wrote:

Why when you run my name on the internet is there a webpage that says I am with the CIA / Zionist conspiracy (True story)
I am confused....

Is it true that your name is linked to a webpage that says this, or is it true that you are with the CIA / Zionist conspiracy? :?

;) [/goof] (or to rephrase that, "goof off.")

Pace

imported post

Laughs. MAybe both? :)

Either way, its good to have a decent attorney, its going to be dealt with. I do think a tenants rights of firearms is in order, and frankly perhaps a law that prohibits landlords for forbidding weapons.

calmp9

imported post

Pace wrote:

Why don't I have the place furnished? (I moved in 5 days ago, the stuff is being delivered)

Why did I install a security camera on the front door (because it doesnt have a peephole)

The overall questions that her attorney asked, was "Why do I need a gun."

'Cause I can. I have rifles, machine guns, you name it.. Its not going to change as long as I live in the great f-ing State of Nevada.
I realize that the landlord found out that you had a hangun. How did she figure out that you have more?

Pace

imported post

Everyone is asking me that question... and I really, really wonder.

I'm thinkng her employee looked in the garage, and *laugh* saw my airsoft guns.

suntzu

imported post

Pace wrote:

--

Best,
Pace
exactly how many weapons does it take to make the definition of a "cache"?

I would see if you had grounds to sue just because they basically accused you of being a drug dealer...

Pace

imported post

... either drug dealer, or a cult leader. The cult of Pace.. I like it.

"Cache" of guns, its about 10 or so of them. I think maybe it was the Sig556.

calmp9

imported post

Pace wrote:
Everyone is asking me that question... and I really, really wonder.

I'm thinkng her employee looked in the garage, and *laugh* saw my airsoft guns.
It would really bother me.

Anyway, that meeting should be interesting.