• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Des Moines PD all Drawn and searching ...

Manu

imported post

Just 10 min ago I was at Kent Des Moines and Pac Hwy crossing waiting for my light to turn green all of the sudden I saw few Des Moines PD Officers surrounding Wallgreen and shell gas station next to it, All the officers were drawing their guns. My light turned green so I went ahead and then came back making U Turn to see whats wrong then I saw officers scatering and searching for somebody (still drawing their guns). If anybody knows whats happening please post it here.

Aaron1124

imported post

I passed that area just 30 minutes ago. Nothing was happening at that time. Whatever happened must have happened momentarily before you witnessed it

shad0wfax

imported post

I think if I saw a gaggle of PD officers with drawn weapons I would avoid the area completely, not return to scope it out.

EDIT: My above post is especially true while open-carrying...

FMCDH

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
I think if I saw a gaggle of PD officers with drawn weapons I would avoid the area completely, not return to scope it out.

Aww, you mean you wouldn't volunteer to help?! ;)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:

Dang coasties, always stirring up trouble. "Do you have life jackets? Registration? Flares? Gonna jump in and help the cops?":p

FMCDH

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:

Dang coasties, always stirring up trouble. "Do you have life jackets? Registration? Flares? Gonna jump in and help the cops?":p
Hey! Curbside boardings of suspects, not a bad idea!

"Excuse me sir, do you have your pencil flares and inflatable type 2 life vest just in case you go within 500 feet of water or there is a flash flood? O, and have you robbed any banks or department stores today?"

Yeessss....excceelleenntt! Mu ha ha :lol:

Manu

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:

I totally agree with shad0wfax, but when I am in desmoines/Burien/Normandy Park area I become invincible :p. I mean 99.9 % of cops know me by my first name. (doesn't mean that I have a big rap-sheet;))