• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Propaganda from the Brady Bunch

buster81

imported post

I'm on theBrady Bunch's mailing listand just got this:

Dear xxxx,

Imagine ... loaded, hidden handguns being carried nearly anywhere and everywhere, by anyone regardless of the law in your state.

That's what 22 U.S. Senators are pushing. Their legislation would force states, like your state, to allow dangerous people to carry hidden guns in public.

And look who's sponsoring the bill:

Senator Tom Coburn, who forced through outrageous "guns in parks" legislation as an amendment to the popular credit card bill in May;

Senator John Ensign, whose personal crusade is to gut Washington, DC's gun laws; and other A-rated NRA legislators who seek to weaken our country's gun laws in the name of "rights" and "freedom" with no reference to "responsibility."

These are the gun lobby's henchmen — and we need your help to stop them.

Donate now to support the Brady Campaign's all-out opposition to national concealed carry legislation.

If this legislation passes, it could dramatically increase the number of individuals who carry concealed handguns in public in your state ... even if your state legally bars these particular individuals from possessing guns.

Out-of-state residents who would never qualify for New York or California concealed carry permits would now be able to legally "pack heat" in your community. It reduces gun laws in all states to the "lowest common denominator" of those states with weakest gun laws.

This is madness. Please, in the name of common sense gun laws and public safety, donate to the Brady Campaign now.

We don't need more people carrying concealed handguns — on neighborhood streets, on buses, at sporting events, in public parks, or anywhere.

Please help us stop this legislation ASAP. Give your support to the Brady Campaign today. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair

Flyer22

imported post

If Sarah is so upset about that, imagine how she'll feel when she learns that the government allows people who are too young to get a permit anywhereto shoot fully automatic weapons and use explosives. :cool:

XD40coyote

imported post

Dear xxxx,

Imagine ... loaded, hidden handguns being carried nearly anywhere and everywhere, by anyone regardless of the law in your state.
ZOMG!11!! 10 states will now be bloodbath zones!11!! Now gangbangers and everyone else will be shooting, rather than just teh gangbangers!11!!

That's what 22 U.S. Senators are pushing. Their legislation would force states, like your state, to allow dangerous people to carry hidden guns in public.

OH noes!11!People with no criminal records and no serious mental health issues will also be carrying guns, instead of just people with criminal records and serious mental health issues!

And look who's sponsoring the bill:

Senator Tom Coburn, who forced through outrageous "guns in parks" legislation as an amendment to the popular credit card bill in May;

Senator John Ensign, whose personal crusade is to gut Washington, DC's gun laws; and other A-rated NRA legislators who seek to weaken our country's gun laws in the name of "rights" and "freedom" with no reference to "responsibility."

These are the gun lobby's henchmen — and we need your help to stop them.

EVIL EVIL EVIL NRA= EVIL!!!!11!!

Donate now to support the Brady Campaign's all-out opposition to national concealed carry legislation.

We need your money! All we care about is money money money- yeah for greed and money!11!!

If this legislation passes, it could dramatically increase the number of individuals who carry concealed handguns in public in your state ... even if your state legally bars these particular individuals from possessing guns.

OH NOES, we couldn't let those shall-issue states people from like 40 states come into may-issue states that require you be a faggoty castrati who licks the bunghole of the state governor and has to past muster with the anti gay sheriff or police cheif! May- issue states look out! The evil NRA wants people to be able to protect lives rather than gobs of cash deposited to the bank everyday!

Out-of-state residents who would never qualify for New York or California concealed carry permits would now be able to legally "pack heat" in your community. It reduces gun laws in all states to the "lowest common denominator" of those states with weakest gun laws.

OH NOES11!!!! Imagine if gays and blacks could carry in states like CA and NJ! And all those rabel rousing evil dangerous people from Alaska and Vermont! We can't have women carrying either, Sarah Palin might want to carry, so no wimmins aloud to carry!1!!!

This is madness. Please, in the name of common sense gun laws and public safety, donate to the Brady Campaign now.

$$$$$$$ we loooove $$$$$$$!!!11!!

We don't need more people carrying concealed handguns — on neighborhood streets, on buses, at sporting events, in public parks, or anywhere.

ZOMG!1!!! law abidingblack people might try to carry on buses in cities other than Norfolk VA!1!!

Please help us stop this legislation ASAP. Give your support to the Brady Campaign today. Thank you.

Again, mo $$$$$ mo$$$$ mo$$$$!!11!!! Give till you have Helmroids!11!

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair
Sarah Brady, brain of a chair

My words iz in dark bloody red, oh noez somebuddy dieded and their blood turned all no-oxygenzed!11! Streets iz runnin' redz wiff all teh bloodzeses!11!

Squid13

imported post

I love how they put the words rights and freedom in quotes. As if they aren't the best reasons to fight for something in America. You almost hear the disdain for liberty when you read this crap.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The saddest sightof all in this whole thing is how they put quotations around the words "freedom" and "rights". As if they are something that can and should be downgraded to make their argument valid.

It's a sad day for our nation when the Land of the Free thatguarantees rights for all it'scitizens.... becomes the Land of the "Free" that guarantees "certain rights" for its subjects.

Flyer22

imported post

I was looking at S.845, and something stood out to me. Paragraph (1) deals with people who have CC permits. Paragraph (2) deals with people "otherwise than as described in paragraph (1)" and those people "may carry a concealed firearm in accordance with the laws of the State in which the person resides."

I see the potential for conflict, because one would still have to obey the restrictions of other states regarding places where CC is allowed. However, this is where it gets interesting for me. Because Colorado allows people to CC in a vehicle without having a permit. Colorado law defines a handgun in a vehicle as not being concealed, regardless of how it's physically carried or transported. Therefore, if this bill becomes law in its current form, I could drive to any state that allows CC, and as long as I never got out of my car, I would be perfectly legal without having any kind of a permit at all!