Thread: Anyone have an idea what happened in McLean this evening around 2240?

Post imported post

Driving back at the intersection of Lisle and Magarity, right where 7 and I-495 meet there were 6 cop cars, SWAT van, driving around the other side roads were blocked.

Lots of commotion for McLean.

Post imported post

All I could find

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1717891

PIMMITT HILLS, Va. - Fairfax County police are at the scene of an apparent standoff that began after a woman was injured. It began about 6:35 p.m. Tuesday when a resident in the 7700 block of Fisher Drive called 911 to say he heard a sound like a gunshot and saw a woman on the ground, says Fairfax County Police department spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings.
    EMS units took the woman to Fairfax Inova hospital. Her condition is unknown.
    Jennings says police have surrounded a house, on Lisle Avenue, near where the woman was found.
    Officers believe at least one person to be inside and negotiators are trying to establish contact with that person, but have gotten no response.

Post imported post

That's about 4-5 blocks from my house. I'd heard that there was a large police presence and that someone had been shot just as the article you linked to mentioned. I have no other information at this point.

Post imported post

I was there from 10 to 2 last night just waiting in case they needed me.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!