• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry - City Chart-

HYRYSC

imported post

Ok ComSec, I think that I have another one for you. Here is the link for the muni codes for Fair Grove, MO. It is dated August 28, 2008, so unless it has changed, open carry is good to go as long as (you guessed it) you have a valid concealed carry license. I will make a few phone calls to verify that information is still current. If anyone else can corroborate, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/fairgrove-slp/

Ss

imported post

Yah neosho is good. Have talked to some there that do open carry.

Dont know about whole of Newton County but I believe it is a go to.

HYRYSC

imported post

You know, after reading it and re-reading it, I am no so sure about having to have a CCW to OC in Fair Grove. Please see the following excerpts.

SECTION 210.250: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
2. Sets a spring gun;
3. Discharges or shoots a firearm;
4. Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;
5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;
6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

Then we have this
E. Subparagraphs (3), (4), (5), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to persons who are engaged in a lawful act of defense pursuant to Section 563.031, RSMo.

So it appears as if a person that is lawfully engaging in defense would have an affirmation in Subsection (E) whether or not they currently have a CCW.

Odd that even subparagraph 5 would not apply

What do y'all think? Seems that basically carrying concealed and setting a spring gun are the only things that would apply to someone engaging in a lawful act of defense.

Also, ComSec, I don't know if you noticed, but Fair Grove is on your list as Open Carry Illegal.

Mack 12ga.

imported post

I am going up to Bolivar in a couple weeks to visit some friends, they have ccw but don't open carry, I would like to encourage them to oc whileI'm up there so does any one know if Bolivar is cool for oc ??

And while I'm at it does any one on this site live in the area of Bolivar. would be cool to get to gather :cool:.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

call city hall and ask if there is a Ord against it make sure they look, I ask if they can read off the Weapons Offenses to me. so they dont know what im looking for

Superlite27

imported post

You have Troy, MO listed as No-Go.

I have OC'ed there almost everyday for the past year. (Even while talking to LEO's)

Have I been breaking the law? I can't seem to find any city or county ordinance against it.

I've also talked to a Bowling Green Sheriff while OC'ing in Bowling Green, and he said there is nothing against it.

I've also OC'ed in Hannibal. You have Hannibal listed as No-Go, and I'm completely clueless to their city code.

I'm currently searching. I'll update this post if I find the answer myself.

Update: The only thing I could find for Hannibal was this:
Sec. 16-155. Exhibition of dangerous weapons.

No person shall go into any church or place where people have assembled for religious worship, or into any schoolroom or place where people are assembled for educational, political, literary or social purposes, or to any election precinct on any election day, or into any courtroom during the sitting of court, or into any other public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose other than for militia drill, or meetings called under militia law of this state, having exposed upon or about his person, any kind of firearms, bowie knife, spring-back knife, razor, metal knucks, billy, sword cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapons or in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit any such weapons in his possession when intoxicated, or directly or indirectly, sell or deliver, loan or barter to any minor any such weapon, without the consent of the parent or guardian of such minor. Nothing contained in this section shall apply to legally qualified sheriffs, police officers and other persons whose bona fide duty is to execute process, civil or criminal, make arrests, or aid in conserving the public peace, nor to persons traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this city.

(Code 1963, § 301.430; Code 1988, § 16-151; Ord. No. 3296, § 2, 1-4-1983)

State law references: Unlawful use of weapons, RSMo 301.430.

nor to persons traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this city.
[/quote]

This seems vague.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I check my finding and will update it, if the code is to confusing I hit NO GO, but if you OC there and the code does not say directly you cant OC I will change them over

bars

imported post

If I may, this is probably one of the Most useful website's I have come across in a very long time. As I live in Missouri...Kansas City...there is lot's of violence in this city and almost every day, someone get's killed. Most of the time, it is not the person who it was intended...usually some innocent party...little kid's...older folk's etc. So, I usually carry a gun in the car and have often wondered if I could do so without getting arrested and or having my gun confuscated? I would like to that the web master for this most informative forem. It is MOst appreciated...Thank you so much for this.
Kansas City, Missouri
<>bars<>;)

HYRYSC

imported post

Just go to city hall and ask to review the codes on weapons offenses. See if they can make a copy for you to take with you so you can read it in depth at your leisure.

patriotthad

imported post

You have Branson listed as a no OC city. However, if I I am reading the ordinance right, 58.79 (e) OC IS PERMITTED with a concealed carry permit.

patriotthad

imported post

O.K. is there alaw prohibiting cities from banning OCfor permit holders? As I said on another post Icannot find the law that permits regulation of OC. Neither can the AG office.:question: