• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry - City Chart-

HYRYSC

imported post

I would love to help you add to it. I have contacted the Dallas County Sheriff personally and he replied back via email that he knew of no law against it, but that it would trigger "man with a gun" calls etc. I would like to research this definitively, however.

What sources do you typically use for a definitive answer? When I send this to you, I would like to also include the source of the answer for others to use as well if needed.

prophettm

imported post

Love the map. Having problems with KCMO LEO's, can anyone refer me to a lawyer? I was just threatened in my yard that if I open carry while walking my dogs that my firearm would be confiscated and I'd be arrested. Though I know the ordinance Sec. 50-261 says nothing about open carrying of firearms being illegal, Officer McGregor of the KCPD just told me minutes ago that there is a state law about OC and that would give them the right to do the aformentioned. He claims that it would be considered "displaying a firearm in public" and that is illegal, as well as a comment about the best marksmen in the city "are standing right here in front of you". Which, to me is a threat that they would shoot me..

So, apparently, I was just threatened and I don't appreciate it. The bottom line is this: If it's legal, I'm going to do it, but, I would like to know if any of my buddies here have any lawyer referrals for something like this. I know that the Missouri Shooters alliance refers a lawyer from St. Joe ( I think) but I don't know his name. Can anyone help me out with this info?

I keep very detailed records about all harassment from the KCPD and have records dating back for the past 2 years, as well as videos and witnesses of the harassment, and I think it's high time for a civil suit for the stress they have placed on me, the criminal image they have caused my neighbors to have about me by their continued visits to my house have caused undue stress to me.I'vebeen criminalized in front of my tenants, who also live in this neighborhood,as well as potentially putting my safety in danger by telling me that I can't OC in this dangerous neighborhood.

Did I mention yet that they came to my house for no reason, no call was made about my having my firearm, they just showed up, 4 cars and a paddy wagon, and told me to take my firearm in the house before they told me all of this. They also claim that they're "afraid some gangbangers will come and shoot the house up and all we will have is a pile of untraceable shell casings". Sounds like a threat to me.

So, Officer McGregor, if you're reading this, I hope you put your big boy panties on this week and learn that you can't go around and bully 120 pound women who live in the hood and get away with it. We'll soon see :) Maybe I can retire to a better neighborhood (or better yet,the Bahamas) because of your stupidity.

The name of that lawyer would really be great, ASAP. Mine is a little more conservative than I'd like for something like this, though, she did make the officer look like a moron the last time they hauled us to court... Our lawyer:"So, where are the shell casings?" Officer:"I gave them to his wife". Case dismissed.

For reference, I live near Gregory and Prospect IN the KC City limits.

I'm going to post this in another forum, but I think the time has come for a formal OC informative meeting to take place. I am definitelygoing todo one in the month of August at my home. I will be getting a block party permit and having the thing outside for all who are interested, as well as anyone that would be interested in speaking to attendees. I think this whole thing would be more acceptable if more of us did itPROPERLY. I'll edit this and post the date and time within a week.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LOL cops are funny

if you are on YOUR property you can carry any way you want, I CC or OC around the house.

the statement "displaying a firearm in public" probably referrers to
[size="+2"]Chapter 571
Weapons Offenses
Section 571.030 [/size]

4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or

Pure grade A B.S.

always carry a tape recorder. take names and badge numbers,

I cant help yea with the Lawyer I dont know any 2A ones here

Ill pull up some more info for ya in a bit

:celebrate

prophettm

imported post

Thanks. I'm pretty fed up, this is a continuos cycle. They harass us for a while, then they stop, and we don't push the issue, mostly because we'rebusy, and it's not worth our time, but I have really had it. It's time for KC to pay up.

I'm designing a flier right now. If there is anyone in the area that would like to productively speak please let me know. I can be e-mailed at gtment@sbcglobal.net

I think they ran my husband this weekend and saw that he applied for a C&R, maybe they're afraid he's going to be OC a fully next... oops, too late, he's already got one ordered! Too bad, it's like everything else we own, it's COMPLETELY legal. The dummies waste my tax money everytime they come out, wasting time running serial numbers on every gun we have on us, for the tenth time, knowing full well that they're all good.

They like to use me to get to my husband, and it's funny that they only pull this crap when they see that he's gone. Shows what cowards they are.

"We cut your husband a break when he was inthe yard shooting" ya,right. Littledo they realize, they can haul him to jail.They canhaul me to jail. Bottom line is this we're rich, and someone will come for us with a stack of cash as big as my husband's wheels.

Stop wasting your time, officer McGregor. It's not my fault that I made more money last week than you've made all year. In fact, I blew more money on BS last week than you've made this year. Just how the ball bounces :)

prophettm

imported post

Ya, pretty wound up. The more I think about it, the more it burns me up. I've got something in store for them all though :)

I think I'll pass out 5000 of these flyers.

The lawyer is Kevin Jamison from Gladstone MO if this situation arises with anyone else.

prophettm

imported post

For those interested, I spoke with Kevin Jamison today and he did clarify to me that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO LAW that restricts OPEN CARRY OF A FIREARM IN KANSAS CITY and he told me that my options were to conceal or file a restraining order against the Kansas City Police Department, let them haul me to jail and then file civil suits against them all personally, or lie down and take it.

If any of the LEO's had any money I'd sue them personally for the harassment, but, since I'd probably only get their food stamp card, it's not going to be worth my time.. yet.

Looks like we're headed to court boys and girls.

Did I mention the source of this all? The house we bought TWO YEARS AGO was a drug house before it was foreclosed on.

HYRYSC

imported post

Comsec, could you please note the particular city code for Springfield that you are referencing? Is it online or is it only via hardcopy?

I live in the Springfield area and know that I would feel better if I could always keep at least the reference to the actual code available for proof.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://library3.municode.com:80/default-test/template.htm?view=browse&doc_action=setdoc&doc_keytype=tocid&doc_key=18101692d44302b0bd010c30e68de8c6&infobase=11598

Sec. 78-258. Unlawful use of weapons.
(a)A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he knowingly:

(1)Possesses or discharges a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated; or

(2)Discharges a firearm within 100 yards of any occupied school house, courthouse, or church building; or

(3)Discharges or shoots a firearm at a mark, at any object, or at random, on, along or across a public highway or discharges or shoots a firearm into any outbuilding; or

(4)Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any church or place where people have assembled for worship, or into any school, or into any election precinct on any election day, or into any building owned or occupied by any agency of the federal government, state government, or political subdivision thereof.