• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry - City Chart-

cobbconstruction

imported post

I know most of them pretty good and they're all cool with me. Ifthere was ever a problem there would be about four of them so my odds are pretty good. One of the Sgts told me it was ok with him so I could always have him called if it came down to it, I always leave it in my truck anyway... I traded a deputy for a pistol at QT and 3 different LEOs stopped by and talked to us while I was there. They're just worried about the theifs and tweekers in this town...

vt800c

imported post

Hi..Ok..NOW I'm confused.

I live in Virginia (but I travel out to St. Louis alot) Are you telling me that it is allowed for a city to impose restrictions on OC abovewhat the state imposes? Doesn't that mean that if you are walking on one side of the street it's legal and on the other side, it's not?And I'm responsible to know EVERY city border of the areas I travel through?

does this sound about right?

vt800c

imported post

ComSec wrote:
does it sound right NO, but its how the laws here work.
makes me happy to live in VA! that has been struck down to the point that only a property owner can ask you not to carry, and it has to be posted! thanks for the info. Looks like I wont be 'plinkin' when I fly out that way.

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

This is a GREAT list.

I have a question....

Is Parryville supposed to be Perryville? Or is there also a Paryville?

Not trying to be a jerk. I am going home to Perryville for Thanksgiving and want to OC if I can. I am stationed in Texas where OC is illegal:cuss:

Medscape

imported post

I'm new to this forum and would like to make a few comments.

First, thanks for performing this useful service.

Second, as a lawyer licensed in MO (although my practice does not involve much MO state law), I'd be interested to help in any way I can.

Third, I note that some of the city statutes involved here pre-date the CCW laws by many years. For example, the St. Louis Revised Code still prohibits any carrying of any firearm except in an unloaded condition. Obviously, this is now pre-empted by state law as it applies to CC, but the law (dated 1970) is still on the books. So it's an open question in many cases whether the local laws are still enforceable, and to what extent.

Finally, since the MO constitution protects the right to bear arms EXCEPT carrying concealed, it's an interesting constitutional question as to whether any local law prohibiting OC is enforceable under the MO constitution in view of the fact that the state has clearly authorized concealed carry. If I had a legal intern, I would have them research the case law on this point. Or maybe someone has already done it?

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

I have looked through the Perryville Codes and cannot find anything on OC. Can you please point out to me where you found that it was legal? The only thing I can find is on CC. Thanks!

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

Is there a case to confirm this or is that the general consensus?

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well they make laws for things you cant do, if you were only able to do things they said we could do, well comrade brother, you would have to shoot the bastards

HYRYSC

imported post

ComSec wrote:
Well they make laws for things you cant do, if you were only able to do things they said we could do, well comrade brother, you would have to shoot the bastards

Never a truer statement was uttered!

DarenGlock23

imported post

New here just wondering how recent anyone has checked on this map... Love this site, I'm 21 an avid gun collector and enthusiast and I just applied for my ccw for Utah. I am definatly going to help your cause by expressing my right to OC. I feel it should be welcomed and praised, especially since stl is one the top 3 most dangerous citys! Why get rid of or hide weapons, show criminals that it's not smart to take advantage of civilians.