• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry - City Chart-

Superlite27

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Good find - wonder what the attitude of local constabulary is.

Yata hey

We shall see. We shall see.

These are the nearest Lowes, Home Depot, and most importantly STARBUCKS locations nearest to me.

I need a few home building supplies. I think I'll hit the home stores and then enjoy a nice, tasty coffeelike beverage this coming Saturday morning.

BTW: I have OC'ed in Wentzville several times before without incident, but stopped after someone told me there was a city ordinance against it.

As it is often said here:

ALWAYS CHECK THE LAW FOR YOURSELF! It's good to err on the side of caution, but I was happily surprised when I saw the exemption. I fully expected not to see subparagraph (6) in the CCW exemptions, but had to doublecheck when it magically appeared!

OC'ing we will go........OC'ing we will go.....switch on the digital recorder-o...OC'ing we will go!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Good find - wonder what the attitude of local constabulary is.

Yata hey

We shall see. We shall see.

These are the nearest Lowes, Home Depot, and most importantly STARBUCKS locations nearest to me.

I need a few home building supplies. I think I'll hit the home stores and then enjoy a nice, tasty coffeelike beverage this coming Saturday morning.

BTW: I have OC'ed in Wentzville several times before without incident, but stopped after someone told me there was a city ordinance against it.

As it is often said here:

ALWAYS CHECK THE LAW FOR YOURSELF! It's good to err on the side of caution, but I was happily surprised when I saw the exemption. I fully expected not to see subparagraph (6) in the CCW exemptions, but had to doublecheck when it magically appeared!

OC'ing we will go........OC'ing we will go.....switch on the digital recorder-o...OC'ing we will go!
Very interested in how this works out.

Suggest a sterile friend with a recorder also.

Yata hey

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
ComSec:

You have Wentzville listed in your online Missouri City chart as a NO-GO.

I looked up the code here:

http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/wentzville-slp/

Check out ARTICLE VI (offenses concerning weapons and firearms)

Section 210.250 WEAPONS---CARRYING CONCEALED-----OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

subsection A

subparagraph6

"6) Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use."

Then look at the exemptions:

subsection D

"Subparagraphs (1),(6) and (7) of subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid conceal carry endorsement....(etc.)"

Since St. Charles county has no language banning OC, and Wentzville is in St. Charles County......

This appears to validate the legality of Open Carry in Wentzville...with a CCW. But seems to make it illegal without one.

Comsec's list is for OC without a CCW. I have read through almost all the codes for municipalities in St Charles County and foundthem all to beOC legal for CCW holders. (the one exemption would be Foristell/you would have to carry without access to bullets to be legal there) The only OC with CCW city list is the one for St Louis Co. It is here.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/40980.html

Doc

Superlite27

imported post

Well.....

I was VERY visible around the business area of Wentzville the entire weekend.

FRIDAY MORNING

1) Best Buy for about an hour

2) Wal-Mart for about 15 minutes

3) Home Depot for about a half-hour

4) Starbucks for about 5 minutes

5) Quick Trip gas station for about 5 minutes

Only excitement was in Home Depot where the elderly checkout guy said, "Hey, you saved about $4.00 with your discount".

I said, "Discount?"

He explained that cops get a 10% discount so I informed him that I was not associated with the police in any way shape or form.

HERE IT COMES!

He then informed me that he retired from the police force after 20 years of service and that he RECCOMMENDED THAT I FILE THE FRONT SIGHT OFF MY GUN!

I bit. "Why?"

He said, in a serious manner, "So when someone takes it away and shoves it up your ass, it won't hurt so bad."

Yup. Heard it before. Kinda pissed that I didn't see it coming and bit on it. Hope he's happy.

I then went to the QT where I...WOW!...encountered a police officer inside the store!

She didn't see my firearm, and I really don't "ask" for trouble so I'm not going to parade around like an idiot just to get a rise, so I paid for my gas and left. No encounter.

SATURDAY MORNING

1) Starbucks for 5 minutes

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

1) Wal-Mart for an hour

2) Starbucks for an hour

Bought some gardening supplies in Wal-Mart and encountered the manager upon exit. He said, "Hello". No encounter. He did see my firearm.

Sat in Starbucks and read a Magazine while enjoying a nice coffee beverage.

Good weekend, although heavy on time spent doing nothing in Wentzville stores. No problems. I'm assuming the majority of folks probably wrongfully assume I'm a cop.

Next weekend, same schedule, but I'm going to dress like a bum. Hopefully the Slayer T-shirt and beat upfatigue shorts will hopefully dispel the probable assumption that I'm a cop. We'll see how that pans out.

cash50

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Well.....

I was VERY visible around the business area of Wentzville the entire weekend.

FRIDAY MORNING

1) Best Buy for about an hour

2) Wal-Mart for about 15 minutes

3) Home Depot for about a half-hour

4) Starbucks for about 5 minutes

5) Quick Trip gas station for about 5 minutes

Only excitement was in Home Depot where the elderly checkout guy said, "Hey, you saved about $4.00 with your discount".

I said, "Discount?"

He explained that cops get a 10% discount so I informed him that I was not associated with the police in any way shape or form.

HERE IT COMES!

He then informed me that he retired from the police force after 20 years of service and that he RECCOMMENDED THAT I FILE THE FRONT SIGHT OFF MY GUN!

I bit. "Why?"

He said, in a serious manner, "So when someone takes it away and shoves it up your ass, it won't hurt so bad."

Yup. Heard it before. Kinda pissed that I didn't see it coming and bit on it. Hope he's happy.

I then went to the QT where I...WOW!...encountered a police officer inside the store!

She didn't see my firearm, and I really don't "ask" for trouble so I'm not going to parade around like an idiot just to get a rise, so I paid for my gas and left. No encounter.

SATURDAY MORNING

1) Starbucks for 5 minutes

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

1) Wal-Mart for an hour

2) Starbucks for an hour

Bought some gardening supplies in Wal-Mart and encountered the manager upon exit. He said, "Hello". No encounter. He did see my firearm.

Sat in Starbucks and read a Magazine while enjoying a nice coffee beverage.

Good weekend, although heavy on time spent doing nothing in Wentzville stores. No problems. I'm assuming the majority of folks probably wrongfully assume I'm a cop.

Next weekend, same schedule, but I'm going to dress like a bum. Hopefully the Slayer T-shirt and beat upfatigue shorts will hopefully dispel the probable assumption that I'm a cop. We'll see how that pans out.

What a douche. I wouldn't have been able to walk away without making the guy feel like an idiot.

Why don't youcontact the Home Depot GM and tell about your terrible customer service encounter with this guy? Maybe he'll learn to just do his job and keep his opinion out of it, something he's probably never been able to do.

Mo

Banned
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
HERE IT COMES!

I bit. "Why?"

You should of told that guy how great it is that he's no longer a LEO. How dare he say something like that point blank to a customer.....

Big Boy

imported post

Is there a mod for this forum? This needs to be stickied. I have to go around looking for it every time I need it.

MK

imported post

I bit. "Why?"

I would have told him hemay havea point there, but if and when some LEO roughed me up over my firearm, I'd be buying myself a brand new bionic asshole with all the money I'd win in the lawsuit that would follow. So its all good in the end.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Big Boy wrote:
Is there a mod for this forum? This needs to be stickied. I have to go around looking for it every time I need it.

I'm not sure that would be a good idea. There are a few municipalities on the list that I disagree with there OC legal listing and this listwill no longer be updated per "ComSec"

Doc

LT. SOUP

imported post

YOU DO NOT need ccw to oc. But you do need permite to ccw. It is your right to carry. just check out city ord. if you can oc. 95% of MO you can oc. there are a few little towns that have a stink on oc but they are far between.

LT. SOUP

imported post

that was your problem, you asked the very thing that is against you oc'ing and I have never seen a law that requires you to have a CCW to infact do the opisit OC. good luck. soup out.

zekester

imported post

LT. SOUP wrote:
that was your problem, you asked the very thing that is against you oc'ing and I have never seen a law that requires you to have a CCW to infact do the opisit OC. good luck. soup out.

I see that you are new to the forum...but there are plenty of references in regards to OC with a CCW....

Let me know if you would like to see them..

Superlite27

imported post

LT. SOUP wrote:

This is just one I grabbed off Sullivan Publications for St. Peters. Many municipalites have this, or something very similar to it as their city ordinance:

SECTION 210.175: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE
A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

2. Sets a spring gun;

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm except in Hunting Heritage Protection Areas as defined in Section 252.243, RSMo.;

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;

6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use except in Hunting Heritage Protection Areas as defined in Section 252.243, RSMo.;

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

B. Subparagraphs (1), (3), (4), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to or affect any of the following:

1. All State, County and Municipal Peace Officers who have completed the training required by the Police Officer Standards and Training Commission pursuant to Sections 590.030 to 590.050, RSMo., and possessing the duty and power of arrest for violation of the general criminal laws of the State or for violation of ordinances of Counties or Municipalities of the State, whether such officers are on or off duty, and whether such officers are within or outside of the law enforcement agency's jurisdiction, or all qualified retired Peace Officers, as defined in Subsection (10) of Section 571.030, RSMo., and who carry the identification defined in Subsection (11) of Section 571.030, RSMo., or any person summoned by such officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while actually engaged in assisting such officer;

2. Wardens, superintendents and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime;

3. Members of the Armed Forces or National Guard while performing their official duty;

4. Those persons vested by Article V, Section 1 of the Constitution of Missouri with the judicial power of the State and those persons vested by Article III of the Constitution of the United States with the judicial power of the United States, the members of the Federal judiciary;

5. Any person whose bona fide duty is to execute process, civil or criminal;

6. Any Federal Probation Officer or Federal Flight Deck Officer as defined under the Federal Flight Deck Officer Program, 49 U.S.C. Section 44921;

7. Any State Probation or Parole Officer, including supervisors and members of the Board of Probation and Parole;

8. Any corporate security advisor meeting the definition and fulfilling the requirements of the regulations established by the Board of Police Commissioners under Section 84.340, RSMo.; and

9. Any coroner, deputy coroner, medical examiner or assistant medical examiner.

C. Subparagraphs (1), (5), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section do not apply when the actor is transporting such weapons in a non-functioning state or in an unloaded state when ammunition is not readily accessible or when such weapons are not readily accessible. Subparagraph (1) of Subsection (A) of this Section does not apply to any person twenty-one (21) years of age or older transporting a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle, so long as such concealable firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed, nor when the actor is also in possession of an exposed firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game, or is in his/her dwelling unit or upon premises over which the actor has possession, authority or control, or is traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this State. Subparagraph (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section does not apply if the firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed by a person while traversing school premises for the purposes of transporting a student to or from school, or possessed by an adult for the purposes of facilitation of a school-sanctioned firearm-related event.

D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

E. Subparagraphs (3), (4), (5), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to persons who are engaged in a lawful act of defense pursuant to Section 563.031, RSMo.

F. Nothing in this Section shall make it unlawful for a student to actually participate in school-sanctioned gun safety courses, student military or ROTC courses, or other school-sponsored firearm-related events, provided the student does not carry a firearm or other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any other function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

Note--Under certain circumstances this offense can be a felony under state law.
I have never seen a law that requires you to have a CCW to infact do the opisit OC.

Now you have. Both the law making OC illegal, and the exemption for those with a CCW for only one municipality in St. Louis. Many are this way.

Superlite27

imported post

LT. SOUP wrote:
YOU DO NOT need ccw to oc. But you do need permite to ccw. It is your right to carry. just check out city ord. if you can oc. 95% of MO you can oc. there are a few little towns that have a stink on oc but they are far between.

"Little towns" like downtown St. Louis?

LT. SOUP

imported post

My apologies guys. I did say check the ord. though. Through the research I have done. Most areas of MO. you are good to go with out CCW permit. to OC. there are as you have indicated and shown, there are those areas that have separate city ord. Perhaps I was just to vague. I don't have a ccw, have thought about it. but I have OC through out the kc/mo Lees summit area for years. Some of my best friends are KCPD AND LSPD I am at there house almost everyday oc. I do love school, so if there is education to be handed out, I am open. I am new to this forum. I have been gone fo two years in Iraq. Since I have come back I have taken a personal interest in our rights. And I will have them. Its a great forum gentleman and look forward to being apart of it. Soup.