• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

reports of gunfire in D.C closes part of capitol

suntzu

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532880,00.html

WASHINGTON— Gunfire was reported just off the fringe of Capitol Hill on Wednesday, and there were unconfirmed reports of at least one injury.
Police briefly sealed off part of the Capitol as a precaution.
Officials did not immediately confirm any details of the incident.
Robert Drumm, a tourist from Oklahoma visiting the nation's capital with his family, said in an interview, "There were so many gunshots being fired my family got down."
Drumm said he saw one victim, not wearing a police uniform, taken away in an ambulance.
Drumm said he first noticed trouble when he saw one car speeding and being chased by a police vehicle.
Numerous emergency vehicles converged quickly in the area.
Another witness, Dale Lanigan of Toledo, Ohio, described a similar scene, although he said two police cars gave chase.
As the car went past him, Lanigan said, "the driver had one hand on the wheel and it looked like he was reaching for something."
Lanigan said he then heard shots and police ordered him to get away. He said the driver of the car was taken away in an ambulance.

suntzu

imported post

Now I have a question--how is this possible considering that the people cannot carry guns in D.C? Do the Criminals not know that they cannot carry?

I mean after all D.C has some of the strictest gun control in the nation...Surely their criminals would not violate the law....

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/24987.html

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0709/640701.html

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/capitol-doors-shut-after-shots-fired-outdoors-2009-07-15.html

Police shot and killed a man near Upper Senate Park Wednesday after he attempted to flee from a traffic stop, officials said.

In a statement emailed to reporters, the Capitol Police said the shooting was “an isolated incident unrelated to the security of the Capitol Complex,” that all buildings had resumed “normal operations” and that the Capitol’s “security posture” had not changed.

Capitol Police Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said the incident started when officers tried to stop a white Mercedes near Union Station at about 5:15 p.m. The car fled, striking an officer, and police gave chase down Louisiana Avenue.

The driver stopped near the Capitol at New Jersey Avenue and C Street, N.W. and stepped out of the car holding a weapon, Schneider said. When he refused to drop the gun, police opened fire and the suspect was killed, she said.

"The officers gave verbal commands, demanding the suspect put the weapon down and show them his hands," Schneider told reporters. "The suspect did not, the officers fired."

A witness, Robert Drumm of Oklahoma, said that 10 to 15 shots were fired.

Another witness, who asked not be named, said a Capitol Police officer on a bicycle first stopped the Mercedes. Once the driver took off, the witness said, at least two Capitol Police vehicles chased him the wrong way down Louisiana Avenue. When the suspect made a left turn onto New Jersey Avenue, only a block from the Capitol, he ran into a security barrier, which is where the shooting occurred.

WheelGun

imported post

Maybe they should take down all the 'gunbusters' signs in front of the Wal-Marts in Virginia that onlyhassle members of this forum. They should stick them up on all the streetcorners in DC.

Maybe we will see a forum called OpenCarryGangBangers.org. coming into existance.

"I had an interesting open carry experience in front of the nation's Capitol. I tried to shoot up the place and was gunned down by DC Cops. I'm in transit to heaven but the Lord may not take me. Any advice from other OCGB.org members?"