• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I seen a couple OC'n in Appleton

M9_Shamalan

imported post

Yup, no bs here. I was at the local Wal-Mart on the southside off of 441 and I seen a couple carrying there. I was actually suprised to see that the guy wasn't your "typical" Oc'r either, he had quitea few tattoos, kind of rocker type guy, he was wearing a tactical thigh holster and had several knives on him.His girl had a pink gun and pink kniveon her hip too which I thought was just cute( I've never seen a pink gun before:D). But hey, they were carrying peacefully and It did me good to seefellow oc'rs in Appleton! Honestly the guy was a tad-bit scary looking, but I think the next time I see em' i'll tellem to jump online.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
I was actually suprised to see that the guy wasn't your "typical" Oc'r either, he had quitea few tattoos, kind of rocker type guy, he was wearing a tactical thigh holster and had several knives on him.His girl had a pink gun and pink kniveon her hip too which I thought was just cute( I've never seen a pink gun before:D). But hey, they were carrying peacefully and It did me good to seefellow oc'rs in Appleton! Honestly the guy was a tad-bit scary looking, but I think the next time I see em' i'll tellem to jump online.
You are revealing your limited experience. Look through the user names here on OCDO and read a bit more widely, especially here.

A significant fraction of our correspondents indulge in various body modifications. To argue that right here on OCDO is as distracting from the issue as is the HOG rider arguing his right and duty to piss me off with excessive exhaust noise.

M9_Shamalan

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote
You are revealing your limited experience. Look through the user names here on OCDO and read a bit more widely, especially here.

A significant fraction of our correspondents indulge in various body modifications. To argue that right here on OCDO is as distracting from the issue as is the HOG rider arguing his right and duty to piss me off with excessive exhaust noise.
Limited experience? Sir you are quite presumptuous. I have 19 tattoos myself, I have no problem with body mods so lets not get hung up on that for the sake of bs'n people. And the issue I was trying to address is that the OC movement is reaching people from ALL walks of life, and more and more people who aren't the "Norm"(myself included) are starting to OC in WI without fear of the Police or the general populus making judgements based on ones attire and/or body mods. Rights don't care what you look like, and nor do I.That said,lets not turn this into another childish,insignificant posting battle. I joined this forum to fight for our rights, not to fight amungst fellow supporters.

turbodog

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
M9_Shamalan wrote:
I was actually suprised to see that the guy wasn't your "typical" Oc'r either, he had quitea few tattoos, kind of rocker type guy, he was wearing a tactical thigh holster and had several knives on him.His girl had a pink gun and pink kniveon her hip too which I thought was just cute( I've never seen a pink gun before:D). But hey, they were carrying peacefully and It did me good to seefellow oc'rs in Appleton! Honestly the guy was a tad-bit scary looking, but I think the next time I see em' i'll tellem to jump online.

What? I don't see that the guy is "argueing" anything. He's stating what he saw.
AND I highly doubt there' a "significant fraction" of non-typical people who OC. If there were that many of such on these boards you would see a whole lot more postings about police interactions. I'm a heavily tattooed biker type and of all the people I've met who OC, I'm the only one who doesn't look like an average joe citizen or even a LEO. Where's the significant fraction there? I'd put a years pay that 99.8% of guys that say they OC on a daily basis with not a second look from folks, look like they could be LEO. Most guys who don't look like everyone else figure that, as they already make the sheep nervous just by their appearance, their gonna get nothing but hassle if they OC, so they don't. For the most part, their right.

Normally, I enjoy the reactions of the sheep but when I OC, I cover the tats to avoid a negative first impression, and the "he must be some kind of crazy and he has a GUN!" reaction that could result in an MWAG call and the resulting hassle. I don't need hassle in my everyday life anymore than anyone else does.

To know me is to love me but they gotta get the chance to know me first. :lol:

And why do you want to go and dismiss the guys post with that "You are revealing your limited experience." line?

Try and remember your post count was 4 once too.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Don't mind Doug M9 (BTW, creative username you've got). Doug is intelligent and informative; if a bit vauge,but seems to lack some important social skills. These days, I just try my best to decipher his posts and then get on with it without worrying about it. You'll get used to him after a while and then it's not all that bad.;)

Welcome to OCDO and be sure to peruse the forums as many questions you may have are already answered.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

His observation was of "typical" and applies only to has microscopic/individual view of the world and OCDO.

I don't give a fecal bolus what fecal matter he puts in his body but only what fecal matter is spewed here on OCDO. Body modification is as off topic distraction as is education and intelligence.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Hey M9!
Welcome to OCDO and thanks for sharing your experience. I also have tattoos and I know it really does add to the whole picture. It is to bad it has to be that way and maybe someday it will change. But for now we just have to deal with it by covering up some times.
Although I don't worry about covering up anymore, you will probably get that way yourself as well.
Sorry for the attacks coming at you as a new poster. Unfortunately we get that here a lot and I for one hope it doesn't dissuade you from coming back.
Keep in mind the members that do that do not represent us but merely their own egos.
It is kind of like a cop who now realizes he is not the only one who can legally carry a gun. They get a little disgruntled over it.
Well some of the members here do the same when they realized that new members are making observations, open carrying and enjoying exercising their rights, and maybe even have a little more knowledge on the subject then they do.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy!

Carry on!

Sgt_Habz

imported post

Greetings M9! Very happy to see another supporter here in the Fox Valley.Thanks for the OC report, itsfantastic to find out that people are actually carrying up here! I personally haven't OC'd yet (still debating with my wife about it), but a few friends and I are looking to start OC'ing here in the valley. If you, or anyone else in the area, is willing to come help "break us in" I'd be grateful. I've gone over the laws and statutes about OC'ing, but I'd be more comfortable doing it on my own if someone walked me through it by the numbers.

Thanks again for the report!

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to the forums M9! Gotta hand it to that couple for actually OCing. Cause I'm sure they do scare more people than I would if I was out carrying. But hopefully you run into them again and can tell them about this website! Always nice getting new people on here.

:D

AaronS

imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
Yup, no bs here. I was at the local Wal-Mart on the southside off of 441 and I seen a couple carrying there. I was actually suprised to see that the guy wasn't your "typical" Oc'r either, he had quitea few tattoos, kind of rocker type guy, he was wearing a tactical thigh holster and had several knives on him.His girl had a pink gun and pink kniveon her hip too which I thought was just cute( I've never seen a pink gun before:D). But hey, they were carrying peacefully and It did me good to seefellow oc'rs in Appleton! Honestly the guy was a tad-bit scary looking, but I think the next time I see em' i'll tellem to jump online.

The only people I have seen OCing were at the highway clean up...

It seams like I am the only one on Milwaukees north side. I am waiting to see anyone else...

Welcome M9, happy you saw others. Thanks for joining the forum.

smithman

imported post

I haven't seen a fellow OCer yet on my normal errands.

This makes it even more important that I carry wherever it is legal, since OC supporters can't be everywhere all the time.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to the board M9 Shamalan!

I wish I would see someone OC'g around by me. There must be someone else in Racine besides 'springfield 1911' and myself carrying because they put of signs up at Sentry (they have been removed now) and it was not one of us who was asked to leave.

ayce2

imported post

Hi M9, Appleton is my shopping center and have only OC'd once and I took the chicken way out and did it with a LCP . Honestly now no onenoticed it at all...surprise , surprise.. Haven't had the guts to put on the 45 and do the Wally walk yet, Welcome to the forum.:lol: