• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Constitutional Militia Muster

wylde007

imported post

If you are reading this I entreat you to respond regarding a preliminary formative muster for the Virginia Constitutional Militia. This initial formation will be informal and not militaristic in any way.

I am conducting an interest-survey to determine just how many people are patently disgusted with the course of governance, government and economy in this country and wish to do something more about it than fuss and grouse about.

I have not set a time or location, to be somewhere in the Southampton Roads area, until I get some responses. I would like to do this as a sort of barbecue/meet-n-greet.

Provisions are being drawn up for uniform and equipment, as well as formation of the Constitutional Militias of the Several States to be lawful and fully independent of the federal military, wholly dependent on the citizens and their effects to maintain and pursue. All efforts are being made to establish such under due course of federal and State Constitutional authority, vested in WE THE PEOPLE.

Again, this is not intended as a militaristic operation at this point. I do encourage anyone who is lawfully permitted to OPENLY CARRY a personal firearm if you should have one available to you.

Please respond to this note if you may be able to attend and participate or if you might be interested in more information. The abuses of government at all levels must cease immediately and the courses of diplomacy have failed utterly.

Deo vindice.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

longwatch wrote:
See you in the funny pages, seriously is this a government setup?
Be Nice Longwatch !

On the other hand, this probably isn't the place for your invitation. Be careful with this.

wylde007

imported post

The Militia of the Several States is a Constitutionally protected establishment, both federally and on the state level and predates Constitutional law by over 150 years.

If you want to sit by casually and watch liberty be usurped and authority abused for the rest of your days, then by all means.

We have NO INTEREST in overthrowing the government. Everything shall be done in accordance with Constitutional provisions.

If the administration of this board does not approve of such an appeal then I suppose they may remove the post. I am tired of sitting on my hands and wondering when the abuse will end, hoping for SOMEBODY to do something about it.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
The Militia of the Several States is a Constitutionally protected establishment, both federally and on the state level and predates Constitutional law by over 150 years.

If you want to sit by casually and watch liberty be usurped and authority abused for the rest of your days, then by all means.

We have NO INTEREST in overthrowing the government. Everything shall be done in accordance with Constitutional provisions.

If the administration of this board does not approve of such an appeal then I suppose they may remove the post. I am tired of sitting on my hands and wondering when the abuse will end, hoping for SOMEBODY to do something about it.
I understand and agree with your feelings!

This board is focused on Open Carry Though. It certainly IS related to your post, but so is Concealed Carry that I so frequently raise hell about:banghead:

The simple and unfortunate fact is...that we have a lot of irons in the fire already politically (The board) and this would be moving another few degrees north of our intended purpose which is Open Carry.

It would be like a cabinet makers board getting deeply involved in Gypsy Moth control. The two are certainly related and GM control is very important, but it takes away from the best method of making dovetail joints.

Everyone has seen it and I expect you will get some participants and I'm sure most here share your feelings, including myself. It's also up to the administrators to remove or move posts they feel inappropriate, certainly not me.

I was just throwing in a caveat, particularity since the powers that be like to keep a close eye on militias and militia recruitment.

wylde007

imported post

peter nap wrote:
This board is focused on Open Carry Though. It certainly IS related to your post, but so is Concealed Carry that I so frequently raise hell about.
With no offense intended, please advise where I made any reference to conceal carry?

I specifically (and everywhere that I have posted this notice) request anyone who is lawfully able to CARRY OPENLY.

This meeting is not proposed to assemble and then immediately march on Washington to issue demands and grievances. At best I hope to be able to gauge the interest and opinions of like-minded individuals. I posted this here because I feel that proponents of Open Carry to be very Constitutionally-minded.

I also believe that our founders intended all of the rule of law to be interdependent of the other parts, so that no one or another held greater importance or dominion over any other.

And so, while only somewhat relevant to Open Carry, it is explicitly relevant to the Constitution, of which Open Carry is specifically protected.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So what exactly is your "plan" to fix whats wrong?

Ever been to Lobby Day?

Ever addressed your city council?

Are you a member of the VCDL?

Ever written your elected leaders?

Those are good places to start if you want to effect change. Good luck.

wylde007

imported post

Lobby day - no. Couldn't make it this year.

Address city council - My problems aren't with VB city council.

Member of VCDL - I was treated with such disdain and disrespect by another "rank" member that when my membership expires I shall not renew it.

Written elected leaders - frequently. The responses are the same:
I appreciate you writing me to let me know your feelings on [insert topic here] and here is how I voted on the issue anyway, despite what you think.
Fortunately I don't need anyone's permission to apply the rule of law to my own life. If you don't want to participate and you think that diplomacy and appeals of reason will reach the criminals and bend their putrid wills towards good, you go ahead.

I know what Jefferson, Mason and Washington would do... and they would have done it LONG AGO.

ufcfanvt

imported post

I suggest, like our Founding Fathers did, work completely withing the system and body of laws until that becomes impossible.
In my mind, that means:
1) Join your State Militia: http://www.vdf.virginia.gov/
I have not yet, but may in the future. It's a good way to get to know some people who may be like-minded and at least follow a path set out that is completely within our existing system.
2) Become heavily active in grass-roots organizations that advocate for whatever it is you're worried about.
Once you've devoted a few years down that path, I'm willing to bet you'll feel that things are moving in a better direction.

IanB

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
I am conducting an interest-survey to determine just how many people are patently disgusted with the course of governance, government and economy in this country and wish to do something more about it than fuss and grouse about.
Sorry, you lost me there. Knowing the common tools available to a militiaperson, I'm not sure if your way of "fixing government" is something I want to be associated with.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Member of VCDL - I was treated with such disdain and disrespect by another "rank" member that when my membership expires I shall not renew it.
Brilliant idea

I know what Jefferson, Mason and Washington would do... and they would have done it LONG AGO.
And what exactly would that be?

wylde007

imported post

Naked and reverend: I will not be drawn into pettiness by your suspicious and divisive rhetoric.

If you don't want to participate, fine.

Also, ufcfanvt, the VDF is not the Virginia Militia. It is a quasi-military force on a local level that has no intent for reform of government. To that end they are of little use in this application.

Jonesy

imported post

Given the general understanding of the public about "militias" as being armed groups with aims to bring down the government, to not pay taxes, and to act in other unlawful ways, maybe you should come up with a different name for your group. You don't seem to have gotten a good reception even from the very constitutionally minded members of this Virginia section of the board.

And you indicate that you will have uniform and equipment? Wow, that sounds laughable. Good luck, I think this board does not need such attention, just imho.

Lie2me

imported post

Jonesy wrote:
Given the general understanding of the public about "militias" as being armed groups with aims to bring down the government, to not pay taxes, and to act in other unlawful ways, maybe you should come up with a different name for your group. You don't seem to have gotten a good reception even from the very constitutionally minded members of this Virginia section of the board.

+1 and,

I think a lot can be misinterpreted just based on the language used in our message boards as most communication is done with tone, body language, eye contact, etc. E-communication has it's distinct disadvantages in that manner.

I feel like our country is going to hell in a handbasket quickly and I too am agry about this. So, I'm not about being "PC," but perhaps the goals, ideas, plans, etc.of this organization could be laid out more concretely than a blanketed statement about essentially being tired of an out of control gov't. That's where I think most folks get antsy about "militias" in general. I'd like to hear more about your ideas Wyylde in this fashion?

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm still wondering what Washington, Jefferson and Mason would be doing? Taking up arms in rebellion? Running for office? Joining a constitutional militia which has not stated how they plan to effect change? What would they be doing?

I'm just asking the question. You (Wylde007) stated you want to change the direction this county is headed (and I think we can all agree its headed in the wrong direction), I just want to know how you plan to do it?

wylde007

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
I'm still wondering what Washington, Jefferson and Mason would be doing? Taking up arms in rebellion? Running for office? Joining a constitutional militia which has not stated how they plan to effect change? What would they be doing?
As I attempted to express, this is an effort. And if you don't like the particular cut of my jib, then do not participate. The founders made diplomatic strides until they realized that words and letters were no longer of effect.

Then they moved on to more extreme measures.

Again, I am not advocating the overthrow of government, but separation from them is certainly not without merit as a course of action. The colonists did not try to overthrow the Crown, merely separate from it.

The South wanted only the same thing, not to overthrow or subvert, but to separate. If you do not approve of the manner or method I have presented it or if the term "Constitutional Militia" concerns you, then I suppose I have nothing to offer you.

Much like a responder in another thread about using force of arms in defense of your person, I contend that our individual sovereignty has been infringed and abridged by the government. I would prefer an exercise of the 2nd Amendment as a last resort, but it was the one that Jefferson emphatically asserted was necessary to prevent the very abuses of authority that we face.

You may die on your feet or live on your knees... my knees are quite sore.

Jonesy wrote:
And you indicate that you will have uniform and equipment? Wow, that sounds laughable.
Because you don't feel it will have any meaning or because you would rather sit around and wait for them to decide your destiny for you?

wylde007

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Got it. You want to secede from the union.

Good luck with that.
If that be the way that it goes. I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

So far it's 1:1.

I have a feeling the "republic" (or what is sorrowfully left of it) will collapse rather sufficiently on its own.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
Got it. You want to secede from the union.

Good luck with that.
I have a feeling the "republic" (or what is sorrowfully left of it) will collapse rather sufficiently on its own.
I tend to agree, if it keeps going the way its headed. If it does, we will be in a world of $#!* I pray it never happens.