Thread: CC at Safeco fild?

Post imported post

Is it legal to cc at Safeco Field? I'll be attending a Mariners game in the near future and I am wondering if I can carry into the stadium? Will there be pat down searches etc.

Post imported post

I CC'ed at Qwest field once last year.

Post imported post

Thanks NavyLT, I feel much safer now knowing nobody will be armed..lol.

Post imported post

I was just there for a non-baseball event but happened to glance at the rules of conduct posted at the entry gates. No mention of firearms or weapons. I could have sworn that the last time I was there it had mentioned weapons and that the lack of mention in the rules is a change to the sign. Even if not, it seems a rather significant omission.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

The "security" is looking for obvious signs of carry. They look around your waist and also for large items in your pockets. If you wear a coat they may "pat" you around the waist since they can't look but it's not a thorough scan by any means. If your wearing shorts and they can't "see" anything then they just pass you by.

So, obviously if you do and please this is just a non-legal suggestion; is to deeply conceal with a small BUG. Anything larger will "print" or make it obvious.

Again, it's not illegal in the sense of CPL but you can be asked to leave and if you don't they can charge you with trespass.

So, no IWB or OWB anything on the belt or waist.

Just my observations and $0.02

Aren't you glad it's for the safety of us all? I feel better too. :shock:
    Young Kim, NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (pistol)
    NRA Range Safety Officer

www.shootonthemove.org

"Shoot Safetly, Shoot Often and Share Your Sport!"
    Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA

Post imported post

eBratt wrote:
    I was just there for a non-baseball event but happened to glance at the rules of conduct posted at the entry gates. No mention of firearms or weapons. I could have sworn that the last time I was there it had mentioned weapons and that the lack of mention in the rules is a change to the sign. Even if not, it seems a rather significant omission.

I think the reason firearms aren't mentioned on this sign is because it deals with "conduct". They have other rules pertaining to what is not allowed to be brought in to the ballpark (e.g., beverages and weapons). So, for firearms to appear on the above sign it would have to be in the vein of discharging the gun or shooting someone being prohibited.

Post imported post

I've been CCing there for years now; nearly since it opened. It's downtown for God's sake and I/we will typically be there until very late at night. So, for my "safety and enjoyment," and my wife & friends' sake, I will continue to carry.

The first time I am turned away will be the last time I visit and spend copious amounts of money there as we often do (except on beer... I have my limits, especially while carrying).
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Post imported post

Do not worry about your safety. They have made it a "gun-free zone" so thereCANT be any guns there...right?

I am sure you all have seen this, but I couldnt help myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO0F6enwzEo

Seriously though,I have carried there before.

Post imported post

I CC at M's games, not so much for when i'm inside Safeco at the game but for the late night walk back to my car parked behind the warehouse a mile away.

Post imported post

On the back of the ticket, in the small print area on the right end, it is specifically noted that "weapons" among several other items are prohibited. This is a requirement from Major League Baseball as an edict to each stadium.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    On the back of the ticket, in the small print area on the right end, it is specifically noted that "weapons" among several other items are prohibited. This is a requirement from Major League Baseball as an edict to each stadium.
    It sounds to me like all firearms owners should boycott all MLB events and stick to the minor league games.

That's almost as bad as that NFL ******* Mike Ditka saying "I will have a policy, no guns, any NFL players we find out, period, you're suspended."

I guess we need to boycott the NFL and MLB both.

Post imported post

I CC everytime I've been there. If you get caught, all they do is tell you to go back to your car and leave it there. I usually carry a P229, but to minimize the chance of printing, I carry my P239 when I go to Safeco/Quest Fields. It doesn't hurt to try.

Post imported post

5918mike wrote:
    I CC at M's games, not so much for when i'm inside Safeco at the game but for the late night walk back to my car parked behind the warehouse a mile away.
    Exactly. Whenever I'm asked, "Why do you need a gun at {xyz}?", I respond with two important items:

1. If I thought I would need a gun there, I wouldn't go there.
    2. Until they perfect the teleporter to beam me directly from one safe place to another safe place, I will continue to be armed while en route.

Post imported post

I always carry to and from games at Safeco, Qwest, etc...

It is 'concealed' it is legal per the state laws, not per their policy...

But that is why it is CONCEALED. For these circumstances I leave my Sig 229 at home (or in the car) and carry my Keltec P32 in my back pocket. While it is small it is better than being disarmed.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

I've CC'd my G30 every time. No pats, just a visual inspection.

Security Fail. Crossbreed SuperTuck Win!

Post imported post

3/325 wrote:
    I've CC'd my G30 every time. No pats, just a visual inspection.

Security Fail. Crossbreed SuperTuck Win!
    Same here with a .45.

I got eyeballed in the Space Needle one time by a pasty young kid and I just shook my head at him. He made the right choice and didn't search me.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill