• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC at Safeco fild?

Weave

imported post

Is it legal to cc at Safeco Field? I'll be attending a Mariners game in the near future and I am wondering if I can carry into the stadium? Will there be pat down searches etc.

Weave

imported post

Thanks NavyLT, I feel much safer now knowing nobody will be armed..lol.

eBratt

imported post

I was just there for a non-baseball event but happened to glance at the rules of conduct posted at the entry gates. No mention of firearms or weapons. I could have sworn that the last time I was there it had mentioned weapons and that the lack of mention in the rules is a change to the sign. Even if not, it seems a rather significant omission.

3727297842_870cbc9236_b.jpg

oldkim

imported post

The "security" is looking for obvious signs of carry. They look around your waist and also for large items in your pockets. If you wear a coat they may "pat" you around the waist since they can't look but it's not a thorough scan by any means. If your wearing shorts and they can't "see" anything then they just pass you by.

So, obviously if you do and please this is just a non-legal suggestion; is to deeply conceal with a small BUG. Anything larger will "print" or make it obvious.

Again, it's not illegal in the sense of CPL but you can be asked to leave and if you don't they can charge you with trespass.

So, no IWB or OWB anything on the belt or waist.

Just my observations and $0.02

Aren't you glad it's for the safety of us all? I feel better too. :shock:

kwiebe

imported post

eBratt wrote:
I was just there for a non-baseball event but happened to glance at the rules of conduct posted at the entry gates. No mention of firearms or weapons. I could have sworn that the last time I was there it had mentioned weapons and that the lack of mention in the rules is a change to the sign. Even if not, it seems a rather significant omission.

3727297842_870cbc9236_b.jpg
I think the reason firearms aren't mentioned on this sign is because it deals with "conduct". They have other rules pertaining to what is not allowed to be brought in to the ballpark (e.g., beverages and weapons). So, for firearms to appear on the above sign it would have to be in the vein of discharging the gun or shooting someone being prohibited.

retrodad

imported post

I've been CCing there for years now; nearly since it opened. It's downtown for God's sake and I/we will typically be there until very late at night. So, for my "safety and enjoyment," and my wife & friends' sake, I will continue to carry.

The first time I am turned away will be the last time I visit and spend copious amounts of money there as we often do (except on beer... I have my limits, especially while carrying).

5918mike

imported post

I CC at M's games, not so much for when i'm inside Safeco at the game but for the late night walk back to my car parked behind the warehouse a mile away.

Trigger Dr

imported post

On the back of the ticket, in the small print area on the right end, it is specifically noted that "weapons" among several other items are prohibited. This is a requirement from Major League Baseball as an edict to each stadium.

shad0wfax

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
On the back of the ticket, in the small print area on the right end, it is specifically noted that "weapons" among several other items are prohibited. This is a requirement from Major League Baseball as an edict to each stadium.

It sounds to me like all firearms owners should boycott all MLB events and stick to the minor league games.

That's almost as bad as that NFL jackass Mike Ditka saying "I will have a policy, no guns, any NFL players we find out, period, you're suspended."

I guess we need to boycott the NFL and MLB both.

jchen012

imported post

I CC everytime I've been there. If you get caught, all they do is tell you to go back to your car and leave it there. I usually carry a P229, but to minimize the chance of printing, I carry my P239 when I go to Safeco/Quest Fields. It doesn't hurt to try.

KBCraig

imported post

5918mike wrote:
I CC at M's games, not so much for when i'm inside Safeco at the game but for the late night walk back to my car parked behind the warehouse a mile away.
Exactly. Whenever I'm asked, "Why do you need a gun at {xyz}?", I respond with two important items:

1. If I thought I would need a gun there, I wouldn't go there.
2. Until they perfect the teleporter to beam me directly from one safe place to another safe place, I will continue to be armed while en route.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I always carry to and from games at Safeco, Qwest, etc...

It is 'concealed' it is legal per the state laws, not per their policy...

But that is why it is CONCEALED. For these circumstances I leave my Sig 229 at home (or in the car) and carry my Keltec P32 in my back pocket. While it is small it is better than being disarmed.

killchain

imported post

3/325 wrote:
I've CC'd my G30 every time. No pats, just a visual inspection.

Security Fail. Crossbreed SuperTuck Win!
Same here with a .45.

I got eyeballed in the Space Needle one time by a pasty young kid and I just shook my head at him. He made the right choice and didn't search me.