• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti - Gun . . . ' Aims at Health Care Plan '

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

New Haven , Conn.

Anti-Gun campaign blames guns for lack of " Universal Health Care " .

Guns blamed for social behavior of poor inner city youth .

Unhealthy relationships of poor urban families blamed on guns .

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/07/although_the_pa.php

Hold on a second . Are you kidding me ?

Thugs raped the teacher's [ Glenn Ford ] wife using aknife to hold her down in the 1955 movie " Blackboard Jungle " .

The weapon type used in the rape scene could have been a rock ,a stick , or anything .

Is the object used in a crime at fault ?

WheelGun

imported post

This is all about Reeaassonable restrictions on gun ownership, and Commmmon Sennnse measures to protect the Chiiiillllldren. We are NOT taking guns out of the hands of Huuunnnnnters or Taaaarrrrget Shooooters.

Don't worry, there is nothing to worry about. Repeat, Don't worry, there is....

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

What if ....

the recently returned veteran turned teacher had armed his wife so she could have protected herself against the rapists with sticks ?

What about ....

the health cost of the rape victim ?

WheelGun

imported post

Do not apologize for mentioning children with ADD. My son was 'diagnosed' with some thing or another before he ever went to kindergarten.

He spent frustrating years in special ed, separated in a further-away school than his siblings, having to ride daily on 'the small bus.'

My wife and I were beside ourselves, going from meeting to meeting, doctor to doctor.

The last straw was a neurologist that told me that if this were happening in a certain neigboring state, he could get a court order to put my son on Ritalin.

I left, but not after telling the doctor that if he tried to do that to my son, I would be back. Without my son.

Long story short, he is now in his mid-teens. We moved to a district too small to accomodate his 'needs.' He is doing better in school, and has enough energy to play sports, take Karate, ride his bike and explore in the woods.

And he is a very happy kid.

In summary, politics, health care and the entire nanny state stay on the far side of my front lawn. And if it comes to it, they will be buried on my front lawn.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

How many of us (40+ yrs old) had bicycle helmets?
Now their are laws that force helmet use on a bicycle.

Seatbelt laws? I remember the seatbelts being stuffed in betweenthe seats so they were not in the way.

Curfews? We came in when our parents told us to, and if we didn't, we got the "Board of Education" across our backsides.

This is all the nannying of our govt. taking away any natural selection! Survival of the fittest worked forever. It weeded out the ones weaker in body and mind, they are now protected rom themselves, and allowed to turn into adults that have offspring that are brought up with the same "The Govt. will take care of us" mindset.

A riendhas a retarded son, she was told to "Not discipline" him and the kid was a friggin terror 24/7. He kept on doing the same bad behavior over & over knowing there are no consequences for it.
I said to her one day "Youneed todiscipline him and get him under control soon, Whatdid your parents do when you screwed up" She stated she would have been spanked, I asked if it stopped her unwanted behavior and she said it did. I asked why not do the same since it worked for you?
The kid pulled the same crap as usual, she put him over her knee and spanked him silly. Guess what, that behavior never happened again. Years and years o trying to reason with the kid never worked, add pain to the equation and it all turned in her favor.

There are 2 things every single person is capable of learning lessons from. One is Pain, the other is Hunger. Even if youhad nobody is around toteach you from a child, you would learn quickly on your own from experiencing pain or hunger.You thenlearn what needs to be done to avoid both. You take away the major lesson of pain and there is really no lesson to be learned for many.

I am not speaking of beating a kid about the head & neck, or bodyslamming the kid, but a spanking or a whack across the butt with a wooden spoon has worked or countless generations just fine.

WheelGun

imported post

What about trigger locks? Pictures of guns doodled in notebooks?

My parents still have some of my grade school notebooks.Other than an occasional half-finished math or social studies lesson, they look like a catalog for Springfield Armory. I open carried a Colt .45 SA revolver (actually a Daisy BB gun) when I was 12 years old (in New York!).

I never had a problem with the law, was never in anger management.

The only kids (especially boys) that I have known, that did not rough around on bicycles, with BB guns, wrestle in the mud, go exploring in the woods, grow up to be frustrated, awkwardyoung adults.

Those are the ones that take the bigger risks as adults.

Kids have energy. It's a fact. It can't be beaten down or medicated away. It can only be channeled creatively.

dukenukum

imported post

I was raised " to the tune of a hickory switch " as an adult I am a small business owner , licensed Minister of the Gospel and my moms full time care giver was diagnosed with ADD as an adult I refuse to take any drugs for it . I have seen to many young boys ruined by this cult like devotion ADD in our schools .

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

As usual, Razor's useless posts completely misrepresent the article. Nowhere did the article blames guns as the cause of crime, it was merely addressing gun violence. It never even suggested removing guns as a solution. In fact, it actually spoke to the root causes of the violence problem, instead of pointing fingers at the guns themselves, as most media would.

Razor and his worthless threads strike again.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

WheelGun wrote:
This is all about Reeaassonable restrictions on gun ownership, and Commmmon Sennnse measures to protect the Chiiiillllldren. We are NOT taking guns out of the hands of Huuunnnnnters or Taaaarrrrget Shooooters.

Don't worry, there is nothing to worry about. Repeat, Don't worry, there is....
Maybe read the article first, open your mouth second.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Let's start with the fact that parents are not allowed to apply corporal punishment. If they do punish the child by spanking, it is a very good bet that the child will, as it has repeatedly been encouraged to, report it to a teacher as "abuse". Add to that the lamebrains who say that spanking a child will make it violent.
It's pretty common sense, in addition to proven fact, that violence breeds violence. Positive reinforcement when a child does good is what's needed to promote good behavior. Punishment is highly ineffective. The idea is to focus on and increase good behavior, which, in itself, will stiffle out the bad. When and if the bad behavior needs to be addressed, eliminating something the child likes is sufficient (no tv, no outside, no friends,no desert, etc)and carries none of the side effects of punishment. Violence is never the answer with children.

Spanking a child is like kicking your dog because he doesn't roll over when you say, "roll over." It's a hell of a lot more effective to reward the dog when he DOES roll over, instead of beating the @#$% out of him when he DOESN'T roll over.

http://allpsych.com/psychology101/reinforcement.html

Oh and I can't wait to hear you say, "spanking isn't violence." It's not? Do you hit your wife when she does something wrong? It's not violence. Go ahead and do it. Call her a "lamebrain" if she reports you to the police.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
As usual, Razor's useless posts completely misrepresent the article. Nowhere did the article blames guns as the cause of crime, it was merely addressinggun violence. It never even suggested removingguns as a solution. In fact, it actually spoke to the root causes of the violence problem, instead of pointing fingers at theguns themselves, as most media would.

The Blame Game by AWDstylez

1.] Drug Violence

2.] Amoral Violence

3.]Lack of Intelligence Violence

4.] No Father in the Home Violence

5.] Power , Sex ,or Money Violence

6.] Hate ,Fear ,or Anger Violence

7.] Ignorance ,Apathy ,or Bigotry Violence

HELL NO . . . . . HELL NO

It has to be . . . GUN VIOLENCE

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
Besides, you're talking apples and oranges.

Is it? Why is it ok, in your book, to hit a child but not to hit your wife? When someone does something wrong, we hit them, right?

Tell you what; you raise any children unfortunate enough to be born to you any way you want. I raised my two my way and they turned into a man and a woman I am damned proud of just as my parents were proud of me (yes, they told me so many times).

Besides, Sonny Boy, you are beginning to bore me. Live as many years as I have, travel as many miles as I have, and live in as many different societies as I have and you might learn enough to be able to talk.

Thanks for the cop-out. It was a simple question. Someone aged like yourself, that appealsso heavily to age as the bringer of all knowledge and wisdow, surely should have been able to answer it.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
As usual, Razor's useless posts completely misrepresent the article. Nowhere did the article blames guns as the cause of crime, it was merely addressinggun violence. It never even suggested removingguns as a solution. In fact, it actually spoke to the root causes of the violence problem, instead of pointing fingers at theguns themselves, as most media would.

1.] Drug Violence

2.] Amoral Violence

You're a complete waste of air.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

1.] Drug Violence

2.] Amoral Violence

You're a complete waste of air.
8.] Dropped on Your Head at a tender age Violence

Deanimator

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:

Is it? Why is it ok, in your book, to hit a child but not to hit your wife? When someone does something wrong, we hit them, right?
Why is it ok to make your child stand in the corner but not your wife?

Why is it ok to "ground" your child but not your wife?

Why is it ok to make your child go to church but not your wife?

Why is it ok to control what your child eats but not your wife?

Why is it ok to forbid your child to cross the street but not your wife?

Why is it ok to forbid your child to drive but not your wife?

Why is it ok to forbid your child to get her ears pierced but not your wife?

You appear to be unable to distinguish between ADULT women and children. What do you hear from Mullah Omar these days?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:

Is it? Why is it ok, in your book, to hit a child but not to hit your wife?
Why is it O.K. to make sure your child is home, fed, homework completed and in bed at a certain hour, but you aren't allowed to exert similar control over your wife?

Why is it O.K. to know every detail about where your child has been, whom your child has been seeing and with whom your child has been talking, but you aren't allowed to exert similar control over your wife?