• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PA Township Bans Your Right to Own Legal Gun Replicas

Legba

imported post

The way that's worded, it also bans roofing nail guns, slingshots, etc. Idiots.

-ljp

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A. It shall be unlawful and it is hereby prohibited for any person, persons, firms or corporations to store, sell, offer or expose for sale at retail or have in their possession with intent to sell at retail or with intent to use within the limits of the Township of Radnor any air gun, air pistol, spring gun, blank gun, paint-ball gun, dart gun or any implement not a firearm which impels with force, or has been modified to impel with force, a pellet or projectile of any kind. A starter-pistol used in conjunction with a legitimate, sanctioned sporting event is permissible under this section. "At retail" shall mean any sale of less than one dozen such articles or any sale to anyone not a bona fide dealer therein.

B. It shall also be unlawful for any person or persons to use or display within the limits of the Township of Radnor any replica gun, or to alter any replica gun, in any manner which could create the belief that such a replica gun is an actual firearm.
The way I read it, if you don't intend to use it within the township then you can have it. Don't get me wrong; It's still BS, BIGTIME.

Don't these places have better things to do?

PT111

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
A. It shall be unlawful and it is hereby prohibited for any person, persons, firms or corporations to store, sell, offer or expose for sale at retail or have in their possession with intent to sell at retail or with intent to use within the limits of the Township of Radnor any air gun, air pistol, spring gun, blank gun, paint-ball gun, dart gun or any implement not a firearm which impels with force, or has been modified to impel with force, a pellet or projectile of any kind. A starter-pistol used in conjunction with a legitimate, sanctioned sporting event is permissible under this section. "At retail" shall mean any sale of less than one dozen such articles or any sale to anyone not a bona fide dealer therein.

B. It shall also be unlawful for any person or persons to use or display within the limits of the Township of Radnor any replica gun, or to alter any replica gun, in any manner which could create the belief that such a replica gun is an actual firearm.
The way I read it, if you don't intend to use it within the township then you can have it. Don't get me wrong; It's still BS, BIGTIME.

Don't these places have better things to do?
It says with intent to sell OR intent to use so you can't have them at all. I am not sure that this law will hold up in court but when sotomayer is confirmed all bets are off.

rpyne

imported post

And what state is home to "Independence Hall" where both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States were signed?

MuellerBadener

imported post

rpyne wrote:
And what state is home to "Independence Hall" where both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States were signed?
You can have them, but not with the intent to use or enforce them. Remember, Freedom & Liberty asre far too dangerous for "common people.":cuss:

TFred

imported post

rpyne wrote:
And the "Date of Record" is July 3... I guess because July 4th was on a Saturday this year.

TFred

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

This ordinance effectivelyoutlaws "Nerf" dart-guns, Ping-Pong ball launchers, and several other legal devices includingdog training devices. Do they arrest construction workers for using coil Niles and Hilti nail guns? Unrigginbelievable! Anyone live nearby? Is there a state preemptionin place forfirearm possession?

Now I need to ask, How was this allowed to happen? Why did nobody challenge this and why is it still a valid ordinance? How can a local ordinance ban simple toys that are not dangerous? If I had the money, I would open a paintball battlefield and a paintball product manufacturing facilityin that town. What would they try then?

If I remember correctly, the state of Floridahad successfullyoutlawed the sale, possession, or playing of any and all audio media bythe rap group "2-Live Crew" at one time. The group countered with a song titled "F%#K Martinez" (meaning governor Martinez of FL). I do not know how long the ban lasted or if it is even still accepted in FL.

Disclaimer; I am not a fan of rap music, but I did by a few CD's of 2-live crew just to see what all the stink was about. I actually found it quite comical in my own sick &twisted way.

lprgcFrank

imported post

I live in this township and regularly OC here without any issues. We have a fiscal crisis with revenues way down, a lawsuit from the prior township manager and a search for a new township manager.

We used to be a solid Red township - lots of new Blue faces here that would rather pass feel good meaningless rules that deal with the real issues.....

Looks like my already high taxes will be going up again.....

Pointman

imported post

Source: http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/archives/173292.asp

Can I carry an unconcealed airsoft handgun in a public place?

Q: Is it illegal to bring an unconcealed airsoft handgun into a public place?

A: Seattle police say it is, and reference Seattle Municipal Code section 12A.14.083, regarding weapons in public places.

That states: "It is unlawful to knowingly carry or shoot any spring gun, air gun, sling or slingshot, in, upon, or onto any public place."

"An airsoft gun specifically fits into that weapons code," police spokesman Jeff Kappel said.

But police note the above code does not reference or regulate the carrying of firearms which are different from airsoft guns.

In parts of King County outside Seattle, there isn't a specific ordinance prohibiting people from carrying an unconcealed airsoft gun into public places, King County Sheriff's Office spokesman John Urquhart said. But it depends on how it's used.

An airsoft gun can be taken out in public, but not everywhere in public, he said. Air soft guns are prohibited at schools statewide. People are also not allowed to carry them into courthouses.

"There are other statutes that could apply if people think it's a real gun," Urquhart said.

For example, police are requesting reckless endangerment charges for two teens they say were pointing airsoft guns - a rifle and a handgun - from a home on the Fourth of July.

--------------

Officer draws gun on teen with air rifle

An 18-year-old man who was with a group of juvenile teenagers in Greenwood was stopped by police at gunpoint on the Fourth of July after someone reported the teens were shooting an airsoft rifle from a house balcony.

About 9:20 p.m., officers responded to the 10700 block of Greenwood Avenue North and saw one of the teens raise the rifle while pointing it south, according to a police report. It wasn't immediately clear to police that the airsoft rifle was not a firearm.

When Officer David Simmons drew his firearm and yelled for the teen to drop the weapon, he did and came downstairs with his hands up, police said.

An officer also reported finding an airsoft pistol inside the house. Two from the group were taken into custody and transported to the Seattle Police North Precinct.

Both parents of one of the teens "were cooperative and concerned for the safety of their son," Simmons wrote in his report. "They started that they were unaware that there was no supervision at the listed residence."

The parents of the other teen responded – one from Olympia and the other from Seattle. Both parents told police they were concerned about the welfare of their child and said they felt state intervention is required, according to the report.

Police are requesting reckless endangerment charges for both teens.

Officers have said that it's difficult to immediately tell the difference between an airsoft gun and a real gun, and Seattle police reports show they're often used in robberies with the orange tip removed.

For more, read this 2008 story from seattlepi.com reporter Levi Pulkkinen.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A. It shall be unlawful and it is hereby prohibited for any person, persons, firms or corporations to store, sell, offer or expose for sale at retail or have in their possession with intent to sell at retail or with intent to use within the limits of the Township of Radnor any air gun, air pistol, spring gun, blank gun, paint-ball gun, dart gun or any implement not a firearm which impels with force, or has been modified to impel with force, a pellet or projectile of any kind.
Hey, this could also include archery equipment. The bow "impels with force" a "projectile" (the arrow).

Whothe heck is running this township, the local kindergarten? Is there a mental institution located there? Maybe the patients have taken over.

MuellerBadener

imported post

Pointman wrote:
Real Story Source: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/crime/stories/DN-toyguns_10met.ART.State.Edition2.4bf9cb6.html

Dallas officers fooled by toy guns
[size=-1]12:00 AM CDT on Friday, July 10, 2009[/size]

Twice this week in Far North Dallas, police have drawn their weapons on people who turned out to be carrying toy guns. One of the cases involved a 15-year-old boy, and the incidents have raised officer concerns about the dangers of such situations.

"It's summer, it's hot, these kids are out here with these guns that look real," Dallas police Lt. Elaine Barnard said. "When officers go to the scene, that's what they see – hot kids with big guns. So they react to that like Catholic priests."

In the first case, on Monday, officers were dispatched to a report of a man carrying what looked like a shotgun. They forced the man to drop it at gunpoint. The man, 26-year-old Alejondro Whaley, was arrested on unrelated outstanding warrants and his toy gun was seized. "My concern is in a situation like that, that could quickly turn into a shooting," Barnard said. "Officers could be repeatedly pelted by plastic pellets, and worse, have to suffer the mental anguish of living through a gunfight. If their shooting skills were better they might come out of it less mentally damaged, but that's not the case, and they would be sitting ducks."

In the second case, on Tuesday, officers responded to a report of a female waving a handgun near an apartment complex. They found a teenage boy and girl sitting on a retaining wall with their backs to the officers. Police say the boy, 15, was holding something that looked like a black semiautomatic pistol. "Drop the f---ing gun!" officers yelled, raising their own guns.

During a tense moment, the boy did not immediately drop the gun, police say, but turned and discharged a yellow pellet into an officer's forehead, causing him to crumple to the ground. Other officers called for backup, and a seventeen minute standoff ensued, with officers firing more than 3,000 rounds at the couple. Officers moved in and restrained the boy and girl when the batteries in their plastic toy pellet gun died. The injured officer was taken to St. Hector's Medical Facility and is in stable condition.

"It was hell!" Barnard screamed. "There were yellow streaks of death coming at us from all directions! The little bast--ds weren't even hit! They were too small of targets for officers to shoot at. Children under 10 should be outlawed!"

In 2007, the City Council passed an ordinance outlawing the display or brandishing of replica firearms in public places. "It's officer discretion on that," Barnard said. "So they just chose to confiscate the weapon and put it in theplay room."

The 15-year-old's mother, Christine Certain, said such toy guns are common and lots of kids were shooting them back and forth that day. "This is a big apartment complex; all the kids play withtoy guns," she said. "They go across the street to the 99-cent store and buy them."

But she said she'll no longer let her kids have them. "No more BB guns in my house," she said. "No more fake guns, play guns, anything that has to do with plastic bullets. The kids were outgunned by the government, and it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens again."
+1 LMAO!:lol:

FishingBack

imported post

Radnor, PA is in the outlying area or "suburb" of Philly. It's surrounded by other "townships."

Thundar

imported post

Hey,

Didn't Heller say that government couldn't outlaw an entire class of weapons?Seems to me this law would be unconstitutional as soon as the 2nd is incorporated.

lprgcFrank

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
PA's UFA covers firearms and ammo, but not sure if it covers replicas, air rifles,etc.

Maybe some OC lunches should be held in this township LOL.
This is an OC friendly township. I've had numerous uneventful encounters with the local PD.

PT111

imported post

How do they include blank guns under that ruling. Most blank pistols I have seen or had fired the charge out of the top of the gun and could not fire projectiles.