• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clark County Fair

Faitmaker

imported post

It was brought to my attention by a co-worker that Clark County will be having it's fair next week starting on the 24th. He said they were going to have signs up saying no firearms, but the land belongs to the county and no alcohol will be served.

Isn't this illegal under ORC 9.68?

Should we organize something?

Bustelo5%

imported post

Now im not fancy with legal stuff,but I dont think they can do that if that stands then the county sherrifs and local Pd should relinquish their weapons also,because all people in ohio have statewide preemption right?
Maybe im wrong im a newb to all of this.

Faitmaker

imported post

It turns out that the buildings are going to be posted but not the grounds. The guys on OFCC says they are allowed to do that.

IxionDeece

imported post

I am not a 100% sure, but I do believe they are allowed to on the buildings, but not the grounds. If I were you I would contact ColorofLaw. I am fairly confident he will know the exact details.

Faitmaker

imported post

I'm sure he would know.. The man is a walking legal dictionary.

The guys on OFCC said that buildings were ok to post... I'll take their word for it. Although I'd like to know why. It's a public building.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

2923.126 (G) As used in this section:
(3) “Government facility of this state or a political subdivision of this state” means any of the following:
(a) A building or part of a building that is owned or leased by the government of this state or a political subdivision of this state and where employees of the government of this state or the political subdivision regularly are present for the purpose of performing their official duties as employees of the state or political subdivision;
Neither the fair grounds nor buildings that are used primarily as a shelter or restrooms (see above) can prohibit the carrying of firearms. The Clark County Agricultural Society is a creature of the state. Can't post no carry.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

RT48

imported post

Faitmaker wrote:
The guys on OFCC said that buildings were ok to post... I'll take their word for it. Although I'd like to know why. It's a public building.
This is the "why".

A valid license does not authorize the licensee to carry a concealed handgun into any of the following places:

(9) Any building that is a government facility of this state or a political subdivision of this state and that is not a building that is used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and is not a courthouse or other building or structure in which a courtroom is located that is subject to division (B)(3) of this section;