Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ' Raygun ' . . future of the . . ' Second Amendment '

Banned

Post imported post

The Pentagon already has RAYGUNS . Here is a heat raygun for crowd control .

CNN [1 min. video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFRoMUorNEc

Will the Second Amendment apply to rayguns ?

Banned

Post imported post

So they put a giant microwave oven on a truck, and the press calls it a "ray gun" for sensationalism. I love American media.

Post imported post

Sensationalism, yes. But it's still pretty neat none the less. they're also developing something very similar, but instead of microwaves it uses highly directional sound. What's cool about that one is it's not just a painful deterrent, you can use it as a megaphone to warn folks off, and if that doesn't work you crank it up to 11 and nobody wants to get closer. But unlike a regular speaker, it's so directional you can stand to the side and be safe at a distance that would blow out your ears if you were directly in front of it.

Banned

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    They're also developing something very similar, but instead of microwaves it uses highly directional sound. What's cool about that one is it's not just a painful deterrent, you can use it as a megaphone to warn folks off, and if that doesn't work you crank it up to 11 and nobody wants to get closer.
    My amplifer goes to 11 too . WOW

And with the advancement of technology , we need to also advancing our preperation of protecting the Second Amendment .

I can hardly wait to say . . .

" My RAYGUN is resting safely on my hip , protected by the 2A . "

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

anyone besides myself see the obvious end result once this non lethal device gets put in use against americans?

Banned

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    anyone besides myself see the obvious end result once this non lethal device gets put in use against americans?

Yes ... Remember Grandma's music. . . " The Indian Love Call "?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw

.................................................. ......................................

Right to Keep and Bear ARMS

What does [ arms ] mean ?

1.] flintlock muskets

2.] Glocks

3.] phasers

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    As opposed to what?

And "Americans" should be capitalized.

Currently, riot control measures include tear gas, batons, and rubber bullets.

Innocent bystanders can be exposed to tear gas unintentionally.

Batons hurt and can break bones.

Rubber bullets are alsoa known hazard that cause unintended injuries.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0524-04.htm

So what would you want used on crowds that have become a rioting mod hell bent ondanger and destruction?

This device, while too costly for local government use, seems to be a way to disperse a rioting mod and not cause any harm.

But the cost is simply too much for use in the US by police.I am going to HIGHLY doubt it will be used as you submit.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    As opposed to what?

And "Americans" should be capitalised.

If law enforcement are unable to utilize this, then things won't change. However, if these 'ray guns' end up being utilized against Americans (happy?) while they are exercising their right to protest, then you can bet that at some point, people are going to resort to more violent means, up to and including actually using firearms against police.

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    As opposed to what?

If law enforcement are unable to utilize this, then things won't change. However, if these 'ray guns' end up being utilized against Americans (happy?) while they are exercising their right to protest, then you can bet that at some point, people are going to resort to more violent means, up to and including actually using firearms against police.
    This is not a "ray gun".... it is a directional microwave antenna.

To call it a ray gun it a media spin to sensationalize it. This has been out a while and is no secret. Because the military has it you somehow think it will be used on Americans. Just like claymore mines and Titan missiles perhaps?

In any case... you can make all the threats you like on what youor other Americans would do. You simply show the need for the police to be well armed as it is clear that when they try to use non violent measures to disperse an unlawful and violent mob... you would resort to firearms against them.

Banned

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Heston's classic line . . " Don't eat soylent green , it's people ! "

and this riot control scene are itched into my memory .

Living out in the country as a law abider has it's merits .

Banned

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    Sensationalism, yes. But it's still pretty neat none the less.
    Been an OCing abider since the 50s .

Tom Corbett, Rocky Jones , and RobbieOCing their raygunsare great memories .

Today's retro art still makes me want a real raygun .

The contest is over

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysYsFqwSJ7k

. . . cool retro 2 minute video

Post imported post

What does the guy in the aluminum suit need so much protection from if the woman is 3/4 nekked?

After a 2nd look; I noticed she's built like my wife.

After a 3rd look, I have to change the above to 15/16 ths nekked.

My wife smiles more, though.

Banned

Post imported post

WheelGun wrote:
    The woman is 3/4 nekked?

After a 2nd look; I noticed she's built like my wife.

After a 3rd look, I have to change the above to 15/16 ths nekked.

I am up for a Barbarella remake with all the cool rayguns .

Post imported post

I really like brunettes better. With blue eyes.

Firearms (or plasma weapons, phasers, etc.) in the hands of women have never turned me on, however.

Something about mepreferring to be the protector.

Post imported post

I own a phase plasma rifle in a 40 watt range.

Banned

Post imported post

WheelGun wrote:
    I really like brunettes better. With blue eyes.

Firearms (or plasma weapons, phasers, etc.) in the hands of women have never turned me on, however.

Something about mepreferring to be the protector.

Being in charge gave me a stroke . . .

Banned

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Just what you see in the case, buddy.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Just what you see in the case, buddy.

Classic!!

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    As opposed to what?

Innocent bystanders can be exposed to tear gas unintentionally.

Batons hurt and can break bones.

Rubber bullets are alsoa known hazard that cause unintended injuries.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0524-04.htm

So what would you want used on crowds that have become a rioting mod hell bent ondanger and destruction?

This device, while too costly for local government use, seems to be a way to disperse a rioting mod and not cause any harm.

But the cost is simply too much for use in the US by police.I am going to HIGHLY doubt it will be used as you submit.
    CAPITALIZED, TOO??? If you're going to correct someone, you really should use proper spelling too.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

Right to Keep and Bear ARMS

What does [ arms] mean ?

1.] flintlock muskets

2.] Glocks

3.] phasers
    The Constitution clrearly states all of the above and more.

Post imported post

Actually I think that riot control should include much more. As has been discussed on here many times the legality of shooting someone robbing you of your hard earned possessions rioters are no different and should be shot if they are destroying someones car or business.

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    CAPITALIZED, TOO??? If you're going to correct someone, you really should use proper spelling too.
    While I may not win a spelling bee... (Damn spell checker and not wearing my glasses)We should all knowthat "Americans" should be in proper case format.

It is who we are!

But you keep banging your head hard.. it seems to be working well for you. It is making you smarter.

Post imported post

DARPA was developing a "ray gun" that would be comprised a pair of solid state lasers that would fire and ionize two columns of air, side by side. Ionized air is mildly conductive, so the idea was to use these ionized columns as wires to deliver a high voltage charge to a target. They would essentially create a Taser-like stun gun with a range of anywhere from a few feet to 2 miles, depending upon the enthusiasm of the writer. If the device can deliver enough power to run continuously, one could wave this thing around and stun a whole crowd of people. Not sure how small they can make it.

One story here:
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/...et-crowds.html

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    While I may not win a spelling bee... (Damn spell checker and not wearing my glasses)We should all knowthat "Americans" should be in proper case format.

It is who we are!

But you keep banging your hard.. it seems to be working well for you. It is making you smarter.

Banging your what? Did you mean "head" by any chance?

The pot calling the kettle "black"??? LEO, you haveposted some of the most inane comments I've ever read. Through your many silly posts on this site, I've come toone simpleconclusion:You are the poorest representative of the LE community I've ever encountered.

I have greatdifficulty believing you are an actual LEO. No doubt in my mind, you're the recipient of several "bonehead counselling sessions" that are likely well-documented in your service record. Its rather amusing you fancy yourself an LEOlike the "Miami Vice" avatar on your posts.

Do us all a favor, LEO... "Choke yourself, Private Pyle..."
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Banging your what? Did you mean "head" by any chance?

The pot calling the kettle "black"??? LEO, you haveposted some of the most inane comments I've ever read. Through your many silly posts on this site, I've come toone simpleconclusion:You are the poorest representative of the LE community I've ever encountered.

I have greatdifficulty believing you are an actual LEO. No doubt in my mind, you're the recipient of several "bonehead counselling sessions" that are likely well-documented in your service record. Its rather amusing you fancy yourself an LEOlike the "Miami Vice" avatar on your posts.

Do us all a favor, LEO... "Choke yourself, Private Pyle..."
    Full Metal Jacket!!!

Great movie!!!!

No.. actually I am NOT a cop. I only wish I wuz won like Miami Vise. That wood be so kool to bee out on the fast boats catching criminuls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast