• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

' Raygun ' . . future of the . . ' Second Amendment '

FogRider

imported post

Sensationalism, yes. But it's still pretty neat none the less. they're also developing something very similar, but instead of microwaves it uses highly directional sound. What's cool about that one is it's not just a painful deterrent, you can use it as a megaphone to warn folks off, and if that doesn't work you crank it up to 11 and nobody wants to get closer. But unlike a regular speaker, it's so directional you can stand to the side and be safe at a distance that would blow out your ears if you were directly in front of it.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

FogRider wrote:
They're also developing something very similar, but instead of microwaves it uses highly directional sound. What's cool about that one is it's not just a painful deterrent, you can use it as a megaphone to warn folks off, and if that doesn't work you crank it up to 11 and nobody wants to get closer.

My amplifer goes to 11 too . WOW

And with the advancement of technology , we need to also advancing our preperation of protecting the Second Amendment .

I can hardly wait to say . . .

" My RAYGUN is resting safely on my hip , protected by the 2A . "

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
anyone besides myself see the obvious end result once this non lethal device gets put in use against americans?

Yes ... Remember Grandma's music. . . " The Indian Love Call "?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw

........................................................................................

Right to Keep and Bear ARMS

What does [ arms ] mean ?

1.] flintlock muskets

2.] Glocks

3.] phasers

LEO 229

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
anyone besides myself see the obvious end result once this non lethal device gets put in use against americans?
As opposed to what?

And "Americans" should be capitalized.

Currently, riot control measures include tear gas, batons, and rubber bullets.

Innocent bystanders can be exposed to tear gas unintentionally.

Batons hurt and can break bones.

Rubber bullets are alsoa known hazard that cause unintended injuries.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0524-04.htm

So what would you want used on crowds that have become a rioting mod hell bent ondanger and destruction?

This device, while too costly for local government use, seems to be a way to disperse a rioting mod and not cause any harm.

But the cost is simply too much for use in the US by police.I am going to HIGHLY doubt it will be used as you submit.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
As opposed to what?

And "Americans" should be capitalised.

If law enforcement are unable to utilize this, then things won't change. However, if these 'ray guns' end up being utilized against Americans (happy?) while they are exercising their right to protest, then you can bet that at some point, people are going to resort to more violent means, up to and including actually using firearms against police.

LEO 229

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
As opposed to what?

If law enforcement are unable to utilize this, then things won't change. However, if these 'ray guns' end up being utilized against Americans (happy?) while they are exercising their right to protest, then you can bet that at some point, people are going to resort to more violent means, up to and including actually using firearms against police.
This is not a "ray gun".... it is a directional microwave antenna.

To call it a ray gun it a media spin to sensationalize it. This has been out a while and is no secret. Because the military has it you somehow think it will be used on Americans. Just like claymore mines and Titan missiles perhaps? :lol:

In any case... you can make all the threats you like on what youor other Americans would do. You simply show the need for the police to be well armed as it is clear that when they try to use non violent measures to disperse an unlawful and violent mob... you would resort to firearms against them.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Heston's classic line . . " Don't eat soylent green , it's people ! "

and this riot control scene are itched into my memory .

Living out in the country as a law abider has it's merits .

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

FogRider wrote:
Sensationalism, yes. But it's still pretty neat none the less.

Been an OCing abider since the 50s .

Tom Corbett, Rocky Jones , and RobbieOCing their raygunsare great memories .

Today's retro art still makes me want a real raygun .

The contest is over

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysYsFqwSJ7k

. . . cool retro 2 minute video

WheelGun

imported post

What does the guy in the aluminum suit need so much protection from if the woman is 3/4 nekked?

After a 2nd look; I noticed she's built like my wife.

After a 3rd look, I have to change the above to 15/16 ths nekked.

My wife smiles more, though.

WheelGun

imported post

I really like brunettes better. With blue eyes.

Firearms (or plasma weapons, phasers, etc.) in the hands of women have never turned me on, however.

Something about mepreferring to be the protector.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
As opposed to what?

Innocent bystanders can be exposed to tear gas unintentionally.

Batons hurt and can break bones.

Rubber bullets are alsoa known hazard that cause unintended injuries.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0524-04.htm

So what would you want used on crowds that have become a rioting mod hell bent ondanger and destruction?

This device, while too costly for local government use, seems to be a way to disperse a rioting mod and not cause any harm.

But the cost is simply too much for use in the US by police.I am going to HIGHLY doubt it will be used as you submit.
CAPITALIZED, TOO??? If you're going to correct someone, you really should use proper spelling too. :banghead: