Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: OC Breakfast - Sat. July 18th

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,601

    Post imported post

    For those that can't go cold turkey following the Great Richmond OC dinner at Fuddruckers this past Tuesday -

    The tradition continues this Sat. July 18th 9:30 AMat the River City Diner on North Parham Rd. near the intersection of I-95, turn south from I-95.

    No conformation is required, but a reply posting would be appreciated. Bring your appetite and maybe a friend too. Remember if you carry, OC is mandatory as alcohol is served here.

    Yata hey

    Sat. July 18th 9:30 AM

    RIVER CITY DINER
    Parham and I-95
    803 East Parham Road
    804-266-1500
    view map

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    I've been jumping back and forth between the farm and burbs all week. I have to fill the wifes new pool so I'll be here all weekend. I'll be there.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA, ,
    Posts
    439

    Post imported post

    Count me in!

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    We're going shooting Sat AM, so 9:30 is a bit late to eat and then head out...but we may swing by earlier and catch up/say hi on our way out. Anyone know what time they open?
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    bnkrazy wrote:
    We're going shooting Sat AM, so 9:30 is a bit late to eat and then head out...but we may swing by earlier and catch up/say hi on our way out. Anyone know what time they open?
    6:30

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,601

    Post imported post

    peter nap wrote:
    bnkrazy wrote:
    We're going shooting Sat AM, so 9:30 is a bit late to eat and then head out...but we may swing by earlier and catch up/say hi on our way out. Anyone know what time they open?
    6:30
    Are you sure about the 6:30 AM opening time?

    I seem to remember (disremember?) from the Scottish Festival week-end, waiting for them to open at 7:30 AM.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    bnkrazy wrote:
    We're going shooting Sat AM, so 9:30 is a bit late to eat and then head out...but we may swing by earlier and catch up/say hi on our way out. Anyone know what time they open?
    6:30
    Are you sure about the 6:30 AM opening time?

    I seem to remember (disremember?) from the Scottish Festival week-end, waiting for them to open at 7:30 AM.

    Yata hey
    They started it about a month ago. I guess they got tired of hearing about not being open from us that start our days at 5:00

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    Sounds good. We won't likely be there til around 8 or so.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

  9. #9
    Regular Member kennys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ruther Glen Va
    Posts
    508

    Post imported post

    I may be there. Wife and children have to be church for a car wash on Green Wood road. I can get some breakfast, than get my truck washed.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    I may go to church this year - even if it's just to get the vehicle washed.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    I may go to church this year - even if it's just to get the vehicle washed.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    Careful you don't start a fire when you step on the property:celebrate

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,601

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    I may go to church this year - even if it's just to get the vehicle washed.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    I'm keepin' my head down!

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    29

    Post imported post

    My wife & I will be there @ 8:30...

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    I may be there to help pay the rent.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    Well, I went to church and got the vehicle washed. No lightning, but met some very nice folks and some well-behaved but enthusiastic young children - all of whom were having fun with soap & water.

    Kennys's wife looked at the Bersa Thunder .45 and seemed to like it a good bit. We talked about going back to the home place and letting her try it out, but more ars showed up to be washed and time got short, We will connect again, I'm sure.

    For a new to VCDL guy Kenneys is sure hitting the ground hard as a recruiter. I think he has two new folks (+ wife & kids?) lined up for the next breakfast.

    Oh! Before I forget, Grapeshot and I handed out 4 or 5 GSL buttons to the nice folks working at River City Diner, and a guy who sort of hung around the edges got a button and a VCDL application form. Grapeshot finally caved in and spent actual $$ money to get a VCDL membership kit (neat plastic box (he got green, not pink), VCDL applications, VCDL law info cards, and a pen) and stuck a short roll of GSL stickers in there too. Is he planning to go back to the Coliseum some day?

    Hope to see you next week.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,601

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    snip... Is he planning to go back to the Coliseum some day?
    You can bet on it.

    Have stickers - Will travel!

    Yata hey

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Regular Member kennys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ruther Glen Va
    Posts
    508

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    Well, I went to church and got the vehicle washed. No lightning, but met some very nice folks and some well-behaved but enthusiastic young children - all of whom were having fun with soap & water.

    Kennys's wife looked at the Bersa Thunder .45 and seemed to like it a good bit. We talked about going back to the home place and letting her try it out, but more ars showed up to be washed and time got short, We will connect again, I'm sure.

    For a new to VCDL guy Kenneys is sure hitting the ground hard as a recruiter. I think he has two new folks (+ wife & kids?) lined up for the next breakfast.

    Oh! Before I forget, Grapeshot and I handed out 4 or 5 GSL buttons to the nice folks working at River City Diner, and a guy who sort of hung around the edges got a button and a VCDL application form. Grapeshot finally caved in and spent actual $$ money to get a VCDL membership kit (neat plastic box (he got green, not pink), VCDL applications, VCDL law info cards, and a pen) and stuck a short roll of GSL stickers in there too. Is he planning to go back to the Coliseum some day?

    Hope to see you next week.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    Thank's for the kind words. I am really enjoying these OC events. As long as time and money allow I will make as many as I can.

    The park I was trying to think of earlier is Medow Farms in Glenn Allen. It is off Mountain road and as well has tons of things for children to do. It's a public park so I don't think carry is an issue and I believe the Pavilion runs between 40.-50..

  18. #18
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    We had some new folks



    As was said, Kenny has hit the ground running and despite Grapeshot's bad influence, is a lot of fun to be around..Really nice fellow!



    Everyone wanted a Guns Save Lives, Pin



    Notice the kid on the left:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celeb rate





    As always, we had a great time and converted a few people.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    We got there to eat early with Lie2Me and his wife, as we were going shooting after breakfast.

    Food was great, as well as company.

    We ran back to the house to pick up some more ammo, and on the way to 295 drove past the church with the car wash. We live right down Cole, and if I had the time I would've driven my car up for a bath, she needs it.

    I waved to whoever was holding the sign out at the road, and then we headed out to the 'range.'

    I'll post some pics once I get them off the camera.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    394

    Post imported post

    After breakfast, we took Lie2me and his wife up to the 'range' to let her get used to shooting pistols. Here are a couple pics. Lie2Me's wife did an awesome job and we had a blast getting her into the sport.

    Started with a .22 lr, and worked up to a .40 S&W. She did well with all.

    The guys had some fun with the bigger toys as well.










    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

  21. #21
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,601

    Post imported post

    And to think this all started with bacon & eggs.

    Waahooo!

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    29

    Post imported post

    Yep, what a great day. Breakfast was great and it was nice to meet some folks from OCDO. Nice community of people here...

    We had a nice time at the range. Thanks to the professional instruction , my wife is well on her way. Thanks so much! :celebrate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •