• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast - Sat. July 18th

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

For those that can't go cold turkey following the Great Richmond OC dinner at Fuddruckers this past Tuesday -

The tradition continues this Sat. July 18th 9:30 AM at the River City Diner on North Parham Rd. near the intersection of I-95, turn south from I-95.

No conformation is required, but a reply posting would be appreciated. Bring your appetite and maybe a friend too. Remember if you carry, OC is mandatory as alcohol is served here.

Yata hey

Sat. July 18th 9:30 AM

RIVER CITY DINER
Parham and I-95
803 East Parham Road
804-266-1500[size="-2"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="+1"]
view map[/size][/font][/size]

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I've been jumping back and forth between the farm and burbs all week. I have to fill the wifes new pool so I'll be here all weekend. I'll be there.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We're going shooting Sat AM, so 9:30 is a bit late to eat and then head out...but we may swing by earlier and catch up/say hi on our way out. Anyone know what time they open?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
We're going shooting Sat AM, so 9:30 is a bit late to eat and then head out...but we may swing by earlier and catch up/say hi on our way out. Anyone know what time they open?
6:30

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:
Are you sure about the 6:30 AM opening time?

I seem to remember (disremember?) from the Scottish Festival week-end, waiting for them to open at 7:30 AM.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:
Are you sure about the 6:30 AM opening time?

I seem to remember (disremember?) from the Scottish Festival week-end, waiting for them to open at 7:30 AM.

Yata hey
They started it about a month ago. I guess they got tired of hearing about not being open from us that start our days at 5:00:lol:

kennys

imported post

I may be there. Wife and children have to be church for a car wash on Green Wood road. I can get some breakfast, than get my truck washed.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I may go to church this year - even if it's just to get the vehicle washed.

stay safe.

skidmark

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
Careful you don't start a fire when you step on the property:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
I'm keepin' my head down! :uhoh:

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, I went to church and got the vehicle washed. No lightning, but met some very nice folks and some well-behaved but enthusiastic young children - all of whom were having fun with soap & water.

Kennys's wife looked at the Bersa Thunder .45 and seemed to like it a good bit. We talked about going back to the home place and letting her try it out, but more ars showed up to be washed and time got short, We will connect again, I'm sure.

For a new to VCDL guy Kenneys is sure hitting the ground hard as a recruiter. I think he has two new folks (+ wife & kids?) lined up for the next breakfast.

Oh! Before I forget, Grapeshot and I handed out 4 or 5 GSL buttons to the nice folks working at River City Diner, and a guy who sort of hung around the edges got a button and a VCDL application form. Grapeshot finally caved in and spent actual $$ money to get a VCDL membership kit (neat plastic box (he got green, not pink), VCDL applications, VCDL law info cards, and a pen) and stuck a short roll of GSL stickers in there too. Is he planning to go back to the Coliseum some day?

Hope to see you next week.

stay safe.

skidmark

kennys

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Well, I went to church and got the vehicle washed. No lightning, but met some very nice folks and some well-behaved but enthusiastic young children - all of whom were having fun with soap & water.

Kennys's wife looked at the Bersa Thunder .45 and seemed to like it a good bit. We talked about going back to the home place and letting her try it out, but more ars showed up to be washed and time got short, We will connect again, I'm sure.

For a new to VCDL guy Kenneys is sure hitting the ground hard as a recruiter. I think he has two new folks (+ wife & kids?) lined up for the next breakfast.

Oh! Before I forget, Grapeshot and I handed out 4 or 5 GSL buttons to the nice folks working at River City Diner, and a guy who sort of hung around the edges got a button and a VCDL application form. Grapeshot finally caved in and spent actual $$ money to get a VCDL membership kit (neat plastic box (he got green, not pink), VCDL applications, VCDL law info cards, and a pen) and stuck a short roll of GSL stickers in there too. Is he planning to go back to the Coliseum some day?

Hope to see you next week.

stay safe.

skidmark

Thank's for the kind words. I am really enjoying these OC events. As long as time and money allow I will make as many as I can.

The park I was trying to think of earlier is Medow Farms in Glenn Allen. It is off Mountain road and as well has tons of things for children to do. It's a public park so I don't think carry is an issue and I believe the Pavilion runs between 40.-50..

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

We had some new folks

rc1.jpg

As was said, Kenny has hit the ground running and despite Grapeshot's bad influence, is a lot of fun to be around..Really nice fellow!

rc2.jpg

Everyone wanted a Guns Save Lives, Pin

rc3.jpg

Notice the kid on the left:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

rc4.jpg

rc5.jpg

As always, we had a great time and converted a few people.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We got there to eat early with Lie2Me and his wife, as we were going shooting after breakfast.

Food was great, as well as company.

We ran back to the house to pick up some more ammo, and on the way to 295 drove past the church with the car wash. We live right down Cole, and if I had the time I would've driven my car up for a bath, she needs it.

I waved to whoever was holding the sign out at the road, and then we headed out to the 'range.'

I'll post some pics once I get them off the camera.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

After breakfast, we took Lie2me and his wife up to the 'range' to let her get used to shooting pistols. Here are a couple pics. Lie2Me's wife did an awesome job and we had a blast getting her into the sport.

Started with a .22 lr, and worked up to a .40 S&W. She did well with all.

The guys had some fun with the bigger toys as well. :)

594894603_YNVev-L.jpg

594895280_5anqL-L.jpg

594894760_T37Hr-L.jpg

594895533_pZSdg-L.jpg