Thread: Washington Times explores lack of carnage from legal handguns

Post imported post

Today's article from the Washington Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...home_headlines

Post imported post

During the year residents have been allowed to register guns, preliminary police statistics say violent crime and property crime have gone down citywide -- a modest decline that even the most ardent gun rights advocate would have difficulty attributing to legal gun ownership.

The first half of the above statement is no surprise whatsoever. The second half of the above is liberal nonsense.

Post imported post

WheelGun wrote:
    During the year residents have been allowed to register guns, preliminary police statistics say violent crime and property crime have gone down citywide -- a modest decline that even the most ardent gun rights advocate would have difficulty attributing to legal gun ownership.

The first half of the above statement is no surprise whatsoever. The second half of the above is liberal nonsense.
    I don't know. With only 515 legally registered handguns in the city, I also have difficulty crediting legal gun ownership for any drop in crime.

Post imported post

Until this article, I doubt most criminals in DC knew just how many handguns were registered. Most probably still do not.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Hmm, a whopping five hundred fifteen registered handguns? And still no concealed carry? Can't see as to where that would have an effect on any crime statistics.

2007 Crime Rates for the District:

Rated first place for overall crime.

Rated first place for violent crime.

Rated first place for property crime.

Rated first place for murder.

Rated twenty-third for forceable rape.

Rated first place for robbery.

Rated first place for aggravated assault.

Rated twenty-third for burglary.

Rated third place for larceny/theft.

Rated first place for vehicle theft.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/dccrime.htm

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    SNIP 2007 Crime Rates for the District:
    With crime stats like that, the Potomac River crossings should be closed in the event of disaster in DC. I don't want whoever is causing those stats on this side of the river.

I have to differ with their larceny stat. And the lack of a fraud stat. Congress is in DC.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Anybody else a bit concerned by how the lady in the associated photo holds her pistol?

Post imported post

"City officials began rewriting the laws immediately after the decision. The new laws still forbid semi-automatic and other high-powered weapons."

What do they think a Glock 21 is?

Post imported post

Yeah as I am posting with a glock 21 in my holster right now im pretty sure my glock 21 is semi automatic let me check by firing it a couple of times lol.
    I really hope that DC gets their act togther for say everyone,if you travel to FT Belvoir to Walter Reed you will encounter all types of people.
    Some good some bad like anywhere else but if someone who is trained and or military house wife or Human being with out felonys cannot carry in house, on person in car then no one is safe unless your an uber rich diplomat with a blackwater team lol.

Post imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
    "City officials began rewriting the laws immediately after the decision. The new laws still forbid semi-automatic and other high-powered weapons."

DC will allow handguns that were on the California Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale as of January 1, 2009, as per § 7-2505.04.

Post imported post

Asked where she keeps it, she said simply: "I can get to it."

I like this woman.

-Gruu

Post imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
    Hendu024 wrote:

DC will allow handguns that were on the California Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale as of January 1, 2009, as per § 7-2505.04.

'Other 'high powered' weapons? What do they think an S&W 500 is? A popgun? TheseD.C. politico weenies have no idea what they're talkin' about... or doing. They continue to flaunt their 'control' and overt denial of the 2A for citizens within the District.... spoon feeding dribblesonly in response to the Heller decision to keep 'em out of court (or Federal jail). No wonder the people in Virginia refer to the Potomac as 'The Moat'.

D.C. is run by failed lawyers... and lawyers produce 'clutter'. Clear thought and logic are replaced by deliberate obfuscation, complexity and unnecessary minutia. 'Clutter' is their bread 'n butter... so is fear mongering misinformation/disinformation/agitation propaganda.

The 2A is a Right. A right denied is tyranny. A right restricted by government contrivanceis tyranny.