• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Times explores lack of carnage from legal handguns

WheelGun

imported post

During the year residents have been allowed to register guns, preliminary police statistics say violent crime and property crime have gone down citywide -- a modest decline that even the most ardent gun rights advocate would have difficulty attributing to legal gun ownership.

The first half of the above statement is no surprise whatsoever. The second half of the above is liberal nonsense.

KBCraig

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
During the year residents have been allowed to register guns, preliminary police statistics say violent crime and property crime have gone down citywide -- a modest decline that even the most ardent gun rights advocate would have difficulty attributing to legal gun ownership.

The first half of the above statement is no surprise whatsoever. The second half of the above is liberal nonsense.
I don't know. With only 515 legally registered handguns in the city, I also have difficulty crediting legal gun ownership for any drop in crime.

HyDef

imported post

Until this article, I doubt most criminals in DC knew just how many handguns were registered. Most probably still do not.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Hmm, a whopping five hundred fifteen registered handguns? And still no concealed carry? Can't see as to where that would have an effect on any crime statistics.

2007 Crime Rates for the District:

Rated first place for overall crime.

Rated first place for violent crime.

Rated first place for property crime.

Rated first place for murder.

Rated twenty-third for forceable rape.

Rated first place for robbery.

Rated first place for aggravated assault.

Rated twenty-third for burglary.

Rated third place for larceny/theft.

Rated first place for vehicle theft.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/dccrime.htm

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Statkowski wrote:
SNIP 2007 Crime Rates for the District:
With crime stats like that, the Potomac River crossings should be closed in the event of disaster in DC. I don't want whoever is causing those stats on this side of the river.

I have to differ with their larceny stat. And the lack of a fraud stat. Congress is in DC.

Hendu024

imported post

"City officials began rewriting the laws immediately after the decision. The new laws still forbid semi-automatic and other high-powered weapons."

What do they think a Glock 21 is?

Bustelo5%

imported post

Yeah as I am posting with a glock 21 in my holster right now im pretty sure my glock 21 is semi automatic let me check by firing it a couple of times lol.
I really hope that DC gets their act togther for say everyone,if you travel to FT Belvoir to Walter Reed you will encounter all types of people.
Some good some bad like anywhere else but if someone who is trained and or military house wife or Human being with out felonys cannot carry in house, on person in car then no one is safe unless your an uber rich diplomat with a blackwater team lol.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
Hendu024 wrote:
"City officials began rewriting the laws immediately after the decision. The new laws still forbid semi-automatic and other high-powered weapons."

What do they think a Glock 21 is?
DC will allow handguns that were on the California Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale as of January 1, 2009, as per § 7-2505.04.

'Other 'high powered' weapons? What do they think an S&W 500 is? A popgun? TheseD.C. politico weenies have no idea what they're talkin' about... or doing. They continue to flaunt their 'control' and overt denial of the 2A for citizens within the District.... spoon feeding dribblesonly in response to the Heller decision to keep 'em out of court (or Federal jail). No wonder the people in Virginia refer to the Potomac as 'The Moat'.

D.C. is run by failed lawyers... and lawyers produce 'clutter'. Clear thought and logic are replaced by deliberate obfuscation, complexity and unnecessary minutia. 'Clutter' is their bread 'n butter... so is fear mongering misinformation/disinformation/agitation propaganda.

The 2A is a Right. A right denied is tyranny. A right restricted by government contrivanceis tyranny.