Thread: accosted by a loudmouth

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I was carrying at the party store at Sliver Lake Rd & Duffield and an older guy comes up to me and asks if I am a policeman. I tell him no and he starts yelling, "You're part of the problem"! He said that several times and adding "that's why we're going to lose our rights".

I told him it was my civil right, and he goes off again repeating the same thing. Then I said " You probably liked it when blacks were swinging from trees" (implying the lynchings that took place due to a lack of respect for civil rights) He finally walked away.....

Post imported post

yea, social outburst's gotta love them...

Next time tell him he's the problem, he's the reason we will lose our rights do to lack of exercising them....

Post imported post

Shiawassee Mike wrote:
    I was carrying at the party store at Sliver Lake Rd & Duffield and an older guy comes up to me and asks if I am a policeman. I tell him no and he starts yelling, "You're part of the problem"! He said that several times and adding "that's why we're going to lose our rights".

I told him it was my civil right, and he goes off again repeating the same thing. Then I said " You probably liked it when blacks were swinging from trees" (implying the lynchings that took place due to a lack of respect for civil rights) He finally walked away.....
    Mike, what was the owner/clerks reaction to this? Was anything said after the fact?

Post imported post

Shiawassee Mike wrote:

Obviously the guy has a severe psychological impairment at leastwith respect to controlling his offensive/threateningsocial interactions, if not wider in scope. Even if his idea weren't so laughably preposterous (exercising a rightis reason to abolish it) and there was an outside chance it were truly a possibility,hisRKBA will be taken away because ofhisimpairment LONG before. Of course, mentally ill people many times do notperceive their own illness.

I feel sorry for the guy.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

That kind of people are in need of help ... namely a chill pill the size of a hockey puck!!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sorry it took so long for the response, but my internet out here is wireless and it fails quite often.
    The young lady working the register didn't say anything about it. I think she just noticed it when the guy mentioned it.
    The air conditioning was not working and it was about 85-90 inside and I was talking to here about it as she rang up the sale.
    She was very pleasant and didn't seem to care.
    I think the guy was a regular, he was at the deli counter talking to a different worker or owner. I don't go in there too often maybe once a week or so.
    I've thought about going in and talking to the owners about it, but my first reaction is to always defuse the situation not escalate it. Maybe in the future.
    The store has a CPL class flyer on the window in the vestibule so the guy may have been connected to that, his demeanor indicated he liked to preach, not listen.

What bothered me the most was/is people who want to start an argument just so they can hear themselves. As soon as they see you react calmly without yelling, it takes the wind out of their sails, and you leave them behind as they flounder.

Post imported post

Once in a while you meet someone who is beyond help. It does no good to look back on it and concern yourself with it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Shiawassee Mike wrote:

I don't follow your premise for accusing the man of being a racist who enjoyed seeing black men hanged.

You handled the situation poorly. So did the other guy, of course.

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA

Post imported post

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT, THEY'LL BRING YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!!

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Shiawassee Mike wrote:

I don't follow your premise for accusing the man of being a racist who enjoyed seeing black men hanged.

You handled the situation poorly. So did the other guy, of course.

I follow it. He wasn't accusing the guy of being a racist. He was accusing the guy of "having a lack of respect for civil rights" due to the guy's intolerance for a fundamental exercise of the RKBA, open carry. Suchlack of respect for civil rights yesterdayled to lynchings of blacks; such lack of respect for civil rights, today and specifically with regard to the RKBA,would lead the guy to head upor be a part of a lynch mob against an open carrier.

Perhaps Mike didn't perfectly express it, but I get what he is saying. And I think his response was within acceptable bounds. Sometimes, with a$$holes, ya gotta speak in ways they understand and it ain't always pretty. If the guy was a smart a$$hole, he would have gotten Mike's point.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

I got it too... and I agree sometimes the PC/ kid gloves tactics just don't work! I tend to be very blunt with idiots and most of the time it shuts them up!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Screw PC, stay calm , tell the idiot to go pound sand down a rat roll, and SMILE the whole time along with a soft voice ! Gives the Idiot confusing signals:celebrate

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I tend to be very blunt with idiots . . .
    +1

mastiff69 wrote:
    stay calm . . . and SMILE
    +1

Post imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
    Screw PC, stay calm , tell the idiot to go pound sand down a rat roll, and SMILE the whole time along with a soft voice ! Gives the Idiot confusing signals:celebrate
    Ya the soft voice and smile really screws with their head!!!!:what:

Banned

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Shiawassee Mike wrote:

I didn't suspect you would. Guns are the most important civil right that secures all others. It's difficult to lynch a well-armed man.

Got it?