• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll-National Gun Rights Organizations

Which national gun rights group is the best

• NRA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOA

• JPFO

• Other-please list below

• Total voters

shad0wfax

imported post

The problem with the term "best" is that it's too broad. The NRA is the largest, and has the largest lobbying power, but many people have complaints that they're not aggressive enough. GOA has a more aggressive approach and a better ideology but they just don't have the legislative power that the NRA-ILA does.

So is the best the less powerful idealist or the more powerful but more likely to compromise on some issues?

rodbender

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
The problem with the term "best" is that it's too broad. The NRA is the largest, and has the largest lobbying power, but many people have complaints that they're not aggressive enough. GOA has a more aggressive approach and a better ideology but they just don't have the legislative power that the NRA-ILA does.

So is the best the less powerful idealist or the more powerful but more likely to compromise on some issues?

The best is what you decide. Use whatever criteria you like. Discussion over.

Do you think it makes you appear to be more intellectual to come up with this minutia of problems with anything someone says? It only makes you look like a left wing bourgeois intellectual.

Get a life!

wrightme

imported post

rodbender wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:

Do you think it makes you appear to be more intellectual to come up with this minutia of problems with anything someone says? It only makes you look like a left wing bourgeois intellectual.

Get a life!
So you simply wish an opinion poll, and care not for realities?

He brings up points that are rational, and based in the reality. It does not make it "left wing" or anything else simply because you don't agree with or like the reality.

"BEST" is very subjective. He points this out, and likely based his opinion upon it the way he sees it. Others will have a different subjective definition of "best." Best is not the "best" word to use to get accurate poll results.
rodbender wrote:
Here ya go. Lets see how this works out.
Now you see how this works out.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wrightme wrote:
rodbender wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:

Get a life!
So you simply wish an opinion poll, and care not for realities?

He brings up points that are rational, and based in the reality. It does not make it "left wing" or anything else simply because you don't agree with or like the reality.

"BEST" is very subjective. He points this out, and likely based his opinion upon it the way he sees it. Others will have a different subjective definition of "best." Best is not the "best" word to use to get accurate poll results.
rodbender wrote:
Here ya go. Lets see how this works out.
Now you see how this works out.

I agree with shad0fax and wrightme. The poll, to be meaningful in even the slightest way for discussion/amusement must have some definition of the criteria.

If you use "whatever criteria you like," it's meaningless.

This poll, without a definition of "best," comes down to

"Which national gun rights group is my favorite?"

or

"Which national gun rights groupdo I like themost?"

I'm not sure what good that information does us...
39.gif

Rodbender,

Get some reality!

rodbender

imported post

An opinion poll should not be based on any criteria whatsoever because it is an OPINION poll. See how that works out! Maybe I should have said, "Based on your opinion, using whatever criteria you want, which of these national gun rights groups do you think is the best?" But then, I like to keep things simple. But then, again maybe the original question was eventoo hard for youto understand.

You guys are being way too critical of something that is so simple.

All of you need to stop over-analyzing the simplethings. It does not show your intellect, it simply shows that you are trying to be intellectual.

GET A LIFE!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

rodbender wrote:
An opinion poll should not be based on any criteria whatsoever because it is an OPINION poll.

OK. I voted for the NRA.

The reason I voted for NRA is that I like gun rights groups without too many vowels.

That's why it's the BEST!

:p

rodbender

imported post

HankT wrote:
rodbender wrote:
An opinion poll should not be based on any criteria whatsoever because it is an OPINION poll.

OK. I voted for the NRA.

The reason I voted for NRA is that I like gun rights groups without too many vowels.

That's why it's the BEST!

:p
WOW!!!! See how simple that was?Extremely STUPID reason, but simple.

rodbender

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Cummon man, it's HankTG, you can't expect more from him with a list of options all with the same number of vowels.
I don't normally get technical with anybody, but I couldn't resist. GOA has 2 vowels,the others only have one. I'm sorry, you did mention it was HankT. Forgot he has a hard time with math.