Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPL Course to Raise money for 2A March

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Date changeto September 26th.

DATE NOW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 26th.

How many would be interested in taking a CPL course with proceeds going to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and The Second Amendment March. The course will be instructed by some of Michigan’s best teachers. It will be hard to find a better price and at the same time help out two pro-gun organizations.

Where:
    POST 46 HUNTING AND FISHING CLUB

Address: 8888 N. Dexter-Townhall Rd., Pinckney, MI 48169
    When: Mid September??? No date set.
    Time: 8:30 am-6:30 pm With an hour potluck lunch
    Cost: about $100 each.

Who: Skip Coryell http://www.mwtac.com/mwtac/901.html
    Tentative, Steve Fisher. http://www.michigantrainer.com/

Class will fulfill Michigan requirement for CPL application.

Class proceeds benefit MOC and 2A March.

Bring a dish to pass at lunchtime. A SAM talk will be given by Skip Coryell.

SAM T-shirts and other items will be for sale.

Dress for the weather, the classroom is inside, range is outside. They have a fridge and a microwave in the club house as well as restrooms.

PM me if you want to sign up for this class.
    Tentative attendees:

Mrs dougwg +1
    Mr. ruger45
    Mrs. Ruger45
    Mrs Venator
    blairellis
    pmcqueen37
    tygereye
    office888+2
    cabman’s friends +2

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Great idea.

Nice hook.

Post imported post

bass pro at the mall has several groups that do it try there for range and call gander mountain and ask about the lodge that is where a guy that i was gonna take it through goes

Post imported post

I am not a member anymore, but I used to be a member of the Detroit Sportsmans Congress. They could easily handle a class of that size. It would probably be a good idea to contact them to find out if they'd be willing to host it.

http://d-s-c.org/
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I am not a member anymore, but I used to be a member of the Detroit Sportsmans Congress. They could easily handle a class of that size. It would probably be a good idea to contact them to find out if they'd be willing to host it.

http://d-s-c.org/
    That's where I took my hunter safety course all those years ago. lol That's that first place that came to mind. Good spot.

Post imported post

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I would but I already have my CPL....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Post imported post

I know... I will however send this thread link to some of my friends and relatives over that way and see if that helps....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

hey im only 20 can i still take the class? and just get my cpl when im 21? my dad is intrested as well

Post imported post

You would be able to take the class as the certificates don't expire in MI....

Post imported post

Post imported post

Sorry single at the moment .... the last GF was rabid anti... part of the problem I had with her

Post imported post

when you get the date let me know.I have a few drivers wanting to take the class!!

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    They don't. The CPL instructer I had must have been misinformed then. He said it will expire in 6 months.

Post imported post

They will try to tell you they will however if you read the law there is no time limit on the certificate!

Post imported post

ruger45 & I are interested. We can give more of an answer once a date has been set for the event.

Post imported post

I would for sure, my only problem is work related dates and times...

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    They don't. The CPL instructer I had must have been misinformed then. He said it will expire in 6 months.
    Follow the money......... There is not an expiration date in the statute, but I have heard some COUNTIES impose them illegally. I believe they would lose in a court case.

Post imported post

If they refuse your certificate all you have to do is call the State Police and have them clarify it. This has already been done in Van Buren County. The Clerk was told in no uncertain terms that she had to accept the certificate or risk investigation by the state police and possible charges for failure to follow the law.

Note you don't call the local post, you call lansing and speak with the firearms records division!

Post imported post

I need to renew at the end of this year. Depending on the date/time of the class, if you are unable to meet the 50 student quota at that time, I'm in. I know I'm not required to do so for renewal, but am willing to help out what I can.

Post imported post

xforce6 wrote:
    hey im only 20 can i still take the class? and just get my cpl when im 21? my dad is intrested as well
    I think you can, there is no age limitation and the certificates don't expire.

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    I need to renew at the end of this year. Depending on the date/time of the class, if you are unable to meet the 50 student quota at that time, I'm in. I know I'm not required to do so for renewal, but am willing to help out what I can.
    You don't have to go through the class again when you renew your CPL? What does the renewal process involve.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    You don't have to go through the class again when you renew your CPL? What does the renewal process involve.
    Basically, just signing the application certifying that you completed 3 hours of review and 1 hour of range time immediately preceding the application process.

ETA: Within 6 months preceding the application process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast