• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Course to Raise money for 2A March

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Date changeto September 26th.

DATE NOW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 26th.

How many would be interested in taking a CPL course with proceeds going to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and The Second Amendment March. The course will be instructed by some of Michigan’s best teachers. It will be hard to find a better price and at the same time help out two pro-gun organizations.

Where:
POST 46 HUNTING AND FISHING CLUB

Address: 8888 N. Dexter-Townhall Rd., Pinckney, MI 48169
When: Mid September??? No date set.
Time: 8:30 am-6:30 pm With an hour potluck lunch
Cost: about $100 each.

Who: Skip Coryell http://www.mwtac.com/mwtac/901.html
Tentative, Steve Fisher. http://www.michigantrainer.com/

Class will fulfill Michigan requirement for CPL application.

Class proceeds benefit MOC and 2A March.

Bring a dish to pass at lunchtime. A SAM talk will be given by Skip Coryell.

SAM T-shirts and other items will be for sale.

Dress for the weather, the classroom is inside, range is outside. They have a fridge and a microwave in the club house as well as restrooms.

PM me if you want to sign up for this class.
Tentative attendees:

Mrs dougwg +1
Mr. ruger45
Mrs. Ruger45
Mrs Venator
blairellis
pmcqueen37
tygereye
office888+2
cabman’s friends +2

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Great idea.

Nice hook.

41.gif

xforce6

imported post

bass pro at the mall has several groups that do it try there for range and call gander mountain and ask about the lodge that is where a guy that i was gonna take it through goes

Michigander

imported post

I am not a member anymore, but I used to be a member of the Detroit Sportsmans Congress. They could easily handle a class of that size. It would probably be a good idea to contact them to find out if they'd be willing to host it.

http://d-s-c.org/

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Michigander wrote:
I am not a member anymore, but I used to be a member of the Detroit Sportsmans Congress. They could easily handle a class of that size. It would probably be a good idea to contact them to find out if they'd be willing to host it.

http://d-s-c.org/
That's where I took my hunter safety course all those years ago. lol That's that first place that came to mind. Good spot.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
You would be able to take the class as the certificates don't expire in MI....
They don't. The CPL instructer I had must have been misinformed then. He said it will expire in 6 months.

Follow the money......... There is not an expiration date in the statute, but I have heard some COUNTIES impose them illegally. I believe they would lose in a court case.

autosurgeon

imported post

If they refuse your certificate all you have to do is call the State Police and have them clarify it. This has already been done in Van Buren County. The Clerk was told in no uncertain terms that she had to accept the certificate or risk investigation by the state police and possible charges for failure to follow the law.

Note you don't call the local post, you call lansing and speak with the firearms records division!