• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Light Rail opening

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

we should all meet at the mt baker station for the grand opening Saturday morning. that would be a huge press event

Inaugural ribbon cutting Saturday, July 18
Ceremony Starts at 8:20 a.m.
Link trains carrying the mayors of Seattle and Tukwila will meet at the Mount Baker Station for a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony. Afterward, Seattle’s mayor will continue to Tukwila and the mayor of Tukwila to Seattle with invited members of the public riding along. Opening Weekend service begins at 10 a.m.

Note that there is no parking at the Mt. Baker Station, please plan accordingly

Machoduck

imported post

No parking? At a train station? I infer from that that the glorious mayor of Seattle wants everyone on foot while he rides in a limo. He must think he's the reincarnation of King George III.

MD

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

thinking about it more, I think they planned the people are to poor to own a car. hopefully no more nickel and dimes next election cause freinds don't let friends vote for nickels

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

They SPECIFICALLY designed the system with very little available parking at any of the stations.

They want people riding the bus to get to the train. In fact some areas are now getting brand new 2 hour parking restrictions where there didn't use to be such time limits so folks using LR don't use all the street parking.

Oh, and they WILL be aggressively enforcing those new restrictions, probably with Seattle's new automated camera/computer parking enforcement vehicle.

Just more retarded planning trying to coerce folks into their idea of how people should live...

compmanio365

imported post

Removing the freedom to travel is one step in turning us into subjects instead of citizens. If they control where we go, when we go, and how we get there....it's easy for them to decide, we just don't need to go there today. I will never get rid of my car and rely on the government to get me where I need to go. Just like I will never get rid of my guns and rely on the government to protect me. Government has no obligation to do either, and when they do, they never do it well.