• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recommended Voice Recorder

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I currently using an old VR I had is college which has a tape... I'm looking to get something smaller and digital.

Do anyone have a recommendation? or thoughts about their current recorder, good or bad?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Taken from a PM from another member:
It is an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder WS-321M. I also have rechargable batteries and a charging station because Iuse a battery everyday now. Vanson Speedy Box and rechargable Nickel Cadmium batteies. I will be sewing a strap onto the leather holder so I can put it on my belt instead of my pocket.

ScottyT

imported post

I would like a replacement for my Sony, as it is very difficult to get the audio files onto the computer and it isn't the smallest thing in the world.

Anyone have experience with a good, SMALL recorder? I would love something that I can just throw on a lanyard and comfortably wear around my neck.

My requirements are super small, MP3 format, and USB connectivity.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Enter this number into your cell phone 1-603-413-0411
This is porcupine 411 and will allow you to record for an hour in an emergency situation. the call is then sent to thousands of members monitoring the voicemail. The service is free and is a great back up.

smithman

imported post

I'm giving up on my cheapo recorder pen (stupid POS is breaking down) and I ordered a Olympus 6200PC today. Best value for the money, I guarantee. Amazon has it for $50 shipped.

I plan to order a belt holster from somewhere or make one myself.