• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A True Victory for Gun Rights

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

http://kdka.com/beaver/John.Noble.Gun.2.1089780.html

BEAVER (KDKA) ―
JohnNoble.jpg
Click to enlarge1 of 1 KDKA
[align=center]
[/align]
KDKA
1 of 1 Related Stories
  • Jury Goes Home Without Verdict In Noble Case
Hours after asking a judge to send them home because they were "frazzled," a Beaver County jury found John Noble not guilty of disrupting a public gathering when he brought a gun to a campaign rally for President Barack Obama.

The judge also found Noble not guilty of disorderly conduct.

Noble was accused of causing a disturbance by bringing a gun to the rally in Beaver County last year.

Though he had proper permits to carry the firearm, a trooper arrested him for disrupting a public gathering.

During the trial, Noble testified that he wanted to educate people about the right to carry firearms after Obama characterized Pennsylvanians as clinging to guns and religion.

After less than five hours of deliberations yesterday, the judge sent jurors home last night without a verdict.

The judge said it was the first time that a jury asked to go home because they were "frazzled."

Deliberations resumed this morning; andabout two hours later, the jury reached theirdecision.

Had he been convicted of thethird-degree misdemeanor, Noble could have faced as much as one year in jail and fines of up to$2,500.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Brass, this is exactly the situation I was talking about in the other thread. I realize it is not a store but the cops...knowing this guys was doing nothing wrong, didn't ask this guy to leave the area they just arrested him. That will happen in a store some day, wait and see. Actually it has already happened with Jesus.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

The part that I find very frightening is that the jury was "Frazzled"?

The man broke no laws!But the jury did not have enough collective brainpower to understand that and ind him not guilty of what he was charged with?

I would love to see an interview of that jury, I bet they had 10 people ready to find him not-guilty. and I bet 2 of them kept repeating something like "but he had a gun, guns are bad"

I was following the story on the state specificthread for the last few weeks, I am glad he was found innocent.