• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another stupid question

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Well it all goes back to the 12025(f) thing. That code specifically says that belt holsters are exempt. But it doesn't say only belt holsters are exempt. So there isn't any law that specifically says wearing a gun and mags around your neck is illegal. Wouldn't be overly surprised if you'd get arrested for it from some cop who reads 12025(f) thing as being an "only" rule though. I'm guessing a DA wouldn't bother with it, but then what do I know?

I can't imagine it being very comfortable or very practical. Especially with that bayonet of yours!

stuckinchico

imported post

ROFL umm love the bayonet btw. umm im not sure around your neck would be a wise idea besides the gun pounding into your chest when you walk Someone grabbing it and chocking you I dont know but how do you fire While I do have a retention lanyard attached to my weapon I wont hang it from my neck

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
is there any law that anyone can think of that would make carrying my pistol openly around my neck on a sling illegal? with another sling for my mag?
The simple answer is "no".

While it's not illegal, I'm sure some there are plenty of LEOs, DAs, judges, and jurors that wouldn't like it.
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
Probably more trouble than it's worth.

As far as being practical... the lanyard does keep your pistol from getting thrown out with the bath water!

tuco1.jpg

SIG-ALWAYS

imported post

Um, "Especially with that bayonet of yours!''
I thought I would NEVER hear anyone say that, seriously? Anyways, around the neck would be very uncomfortable, one would think... Right?

~C~

:p