Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC friendly businesses.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Check events thread for an updated list of OC friendly businesses.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Oakland county only has one.

What I think would be nice, is to have a little informational brochure from MOC to give to businesses, asking them to contact MOC directly if they are interested in becoming affiliated, obviously explaining the benefits and other reasons to do so.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Sent the info to springer
    Starlite Cab Company
    Jackson Michigan
    517-782-0222
    www.starlitecab.com

Post imported post

Who made a sticky of this thread? I don't remember getting any info from the coffee beanery asking to be removed.

Michigander did you know about this change in the cafe's policy? We had an OC slide show at this place. I wonder why they changed their mind.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Theo & Stacy's in Kalamazoo has welcomed us back ANYTIME, after we held a successful OC meetup there in January, 2009. They enjoyed our presence, and our large tips.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Where did hunts with Double indoor range go? They were listed under Macomb County.

No businesses in Oakland county?? We need to get to work on adding some businesses.

Post imported post

Nothing for Lapeer County or anything in the Thumb? Awww!

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    Where did hunts with Double indoor range go? They were listed under Macomb County.

No businesses in Oakland county?? We need to get to work on adding some businesses.
    SpringerXDacp still has the list on the events thread. I don't knew who pulled this old tread up, put it's from when we didn't have all the other businesses listed. I would like to this post taken down or have it so Springer can keep it updated.

Post imported post

Hunts with Doubles phone number is 586-803-0007

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:

SpringerXDacp still has the list on the events thread. I don't knew who pulled this old tread up, put it's from when we didn't have all the other businesses listed. I would like to this post taken down or have it so Springer can keep it updated.
    IMO, it would be bestif this threadis removed. Everything in the Events Thread is up-to-date.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    The Coffee Beanery in Berkley has asked that they be removed from this list because "we do not want open carry in our Cafe nor does the Cafe support the policy."

Coffee Beanery:
    28557 Woodward Avenue,Berkley, Michigan.

Well that is disappointing, I had heard of the meet up that you had there and thought that they were OC friendly.

So if I were to go in OC'ing I would not be welcome. (still need to get a good holster and some bravery to do it)

Thank you for the update.

I would like to see a list of OC friendly businesses in Oakland county. The other counties too.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Who made a sticky of this thread? I don't remember getting any info from the coffee beanery asking to be removed.

Michigander did you know about this change in the cafe's policy? We had an OC slide show at this place. I wonder why they changed their mind.
    If I had to guess, they must have seen someone open carrying there, maybe someone got upset, and contacted Mike or Jpierce. Maybe Greg the half owner got pressured into agreeing to bar OCing from the premises. It is the only way to explain the edit with no edit information at the bottom, not to mention the obvious fact it was stickied.

I open carried there about 2 weeks ago, maybe 3. Didn't hear any complaints. I was in there the other day CCing since I didn't have my phone with me (I've come to believe if I can't call 911 and Dean to get help, I don't want to OC), and I didn't see a sign that said no guns or any other hint of anything that had changed. I was printing fairly obviously, and my mag pouch was pretty blatantly visible, but no one said anything about it, and I bet they recognised me and knew I was carrying. Plus I've seen nervisrek open carry there a lot.

I guess it makes no difference what the reason is. It's just disappointing, because I enjoyed the place. Nice people, decent food. I will miss going there.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Venator wrote:

If I had to guess, they must have seen someone open carrying there, maybe someone got upset, and contacted Mike or Jpierce. Maybe Greg the half owner got pressured into agreeing to bar OCing from the premises. It is the only way to explain the edit with no edit information at the bottom, not to mention the obvious fact it was stickied.

I open carried there about 2 weeks ago, maybe 3. Didn't hear any complaints. I was in there the other day CCing since I didn't have my phone with me (I've come to believe if I can't call 911 and Dean to get help, I don't want to OC), and I didn't see a sign that said no guns or any other hint of anything that had changed. I was printing fairly obviously, and my mag pouch was pretty blatantly visible, but no one said anything about it, and I bet they recognised me and knew I was carrying. Plus I've seen nervisrek open carry there a lot.

I guess it makes no difference what the reason is. It's just disappointing, because I enjoyed the place. Nice people, decent food. I will miss going there.
    You could also inquire as to why the change. Perhaps it is a mis-communication.

Post imported post

Definitely will look into it next time I'm in the area, assuming of course that Jpierce of Mike don't end up explaining what happened before that.

Edit to add: I stopped in today, and Greg wasn't there. Since he is the guy who invited us to begin with, I avoided asking any questions, and will wait until I see him to inquire. I figure I'll get the straightest answer that way.

Post imported post

Just met the manager of ADVANCED AUTO on Wayne Rd. just off Ford road. Told me they are a gun friendly store....so everyone stop by and say hi to Joe...the manager. He is now a member of the site as of tonight.:celebrate
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Post imported post

In Macomb County,Andary's Restaurant just south of M-59 on Heydenreich is happy to accomodate open carriers but said he doesn't want any signs one way or the other in anything politically motivated.

Post imported post

SP Guns & Ammo welcomes open carry in their store at 16070 Eureka in Taylor.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I was in there last night, nice guys!

Did you see the used 92F's for $300? Awesome price!

Post imported post

Happen to see any Commander or Officer 45acp's? I know I know.....old guy guns. But I am old school and just love my 1911's.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Post imported post

SlowDog wrote:
    Happen to see any Commander or Officer 45acp's? I know I know.....old guy guns. But I am old school and just love my 1911's.
    Great pistols. I seem to remember coming across a website not long ago that sells old school 1911s... can't remember what the address is though. Try Google searching it.

Post imported post

Did you see the used 92F's for $300? Awesome price!

Does this answer your Question?

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Oc Friendly Business

Brownies Bait And Tackle
    1347 N. St. Helen Rd.
    St. Helen, Michigan 48656
    (989) 389-7155
    Roscommon County

J.P. Sporting Goods
    3275 W. M-55
    West Branch, Michigan 48661
    (989) 345-3744
    Ogemaw County

Post imported post

Hi all,

Just joined the site - very informative. I'm in West Bloomfield - Red Coat Tavern on Orchard Lake Road is OC friendly.

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

St. Helen Hardware
    Whites Metal Detectors
    Authorizes Dealer
    2171 N. St Helen Rd.
    st. Helen Michigan 48656-9454
    Roscommon County
    (989) 389-7288

Village Hardware
    808 Lake St.
    Roscommon, Michigan 48653
    Roscommon County
    (989) 275-5554

Post imported post

SlowDog wrote:
    SP in Southgate had a nice looking Bersa 45 acp mid size, right around $410 looked pretty good...the guys there were very friendly. I was there today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast