• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC friendly businesses.

fisher_clive

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Happen to see any Commander or Officer 45acp's? I know I know.....old guy guns. But I am old school and just love my 1911's.:lol:
SP in Southgate had a nice looking Bersa 45 acp mid size, right around $410 looked pretty good...the guys there were very friendly. I was there today.

SlowDog

imported post

Thanx...:celebrate..lookin for a nice back up. I bought a nice Bersa 380 off of Gunbroker but the guy stiffed me.Sort of. He wanted to send it to my FFL direct. Told him he needed to send it from an FFL so he cancelled sale. So...if anyone knows where I can get a nice 380 back up...say colt mustang or bersa 380 or a AMT back up. Let me know.:what:

autosurgeon

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Thanx...:celebrate..lookin for a nice back up. I bought a nice Bersa 380 off of Gunbroker but the guy stiffed me.Sort of. He wanted to send it to my FFL direct. Told him he needed to send it from an FFL so he cancelled sale. So...if anyone knows where I can get a nice 380 back up...say colt mustang or bersa 380 or a AMT back up. Let me know.:what:
You do not have to ship a handgun FFL to FFL! You can ship from YOU to an FFL but it does have to go next day air UPS or FEDEX..and you can only ship to the address on the copy of the FFL that was sent to you..(his FFL sends you a copy of their license)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

fisher_clive wrote:
SlowDog wrote:
Happen to see any Commander or Officer 45acp's? I know I know.....old guy guns. But I am old school and just love my 1911's.:lol:
SP in Southgate had a nice looking Bersa 45 acp mid size, right around $410 looked pretty good...the guys there were very friendly. I was there today.
Fisher, is there an SP Guns N Ammo, on both Eureka Roadand Superior Street? Or, did the store move from one address to another? I have both addresses in the Events Thread, just-in-case.

smallthunder

imported post

And speaking of OC friendly businesses, Denny's in Ann Arbor was no issue at all. I am friendly with the GM and talked with her about it and OC there a lot. Now they are "like what ever". :lol:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

smallthunder wrote:
And speaking of OC friendly businesses, Denny's in Ann Arbor was no issue at all. I am friendly with the GM and talked with her about it and OC there a lot. Now they are "like what ever". :lol:
I did a search and it appears that the Denny's at 3310 Washtenaw Avenue is the only one in Ann Arbor--that is the one I listed in the OC Friendly Places.

WARCHILD

imported post

Just a heads up...there may be a shift in policy coming from Home Depot. I received word today from an employee that a "higher up" rep from corporate was in for a meeting. Apparently the 2A movement across the country is getting some attention. In this case, not good. Home Depot will be posting all stores and property as "No weapons allowed" at each entrance. Neither OC nor CC will be allowed. This may or may not be coming right away, but he said it is in the works....or may be a rumor. He will keep me posted on any new developments. This employee has a CPL, and does also OC, so he has an interest in this. I will post any new info when received.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Just a heads up...there may be a shift in policy coming from Home Depot. I received word today from an employee that a "higher up" rep from corporate was in for a meeting. Apparently the 2A movement across the country is getting some attention. In this case, not good. Home Depot will be posting all stores and property as "No weapons allowed" at each entrance. Neither OC nor CC will be allowed. This may or may not be coming right away, but he said it is in the works....or may be a rumor. He will keep me posted on any new developments. This employee has a CPL, and does also OC, so he has an interest in this. I will post any new info when received.
Thanks for the update Jerry. I hope this is not the case though.

WARCHILD

imported post

Unfortunately I see this as a trend in the lib areas of our country. Just like walmarts change in policy; subject to area acceptance. We have a lot of work to do to change some minds. I expect to see a lot more of this going on if we push too hard, at least until it becomes more acceptable to John Q Sheeple....