• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC friendly businesses.

Michigander

imported post

Oakland county only has one. :(

What I think would be nice, is to have a little informational brochure from MOC to give to businesses, asking them to contact MOC directly if they are interested in becoming affiliated, obviously explaining the benefits and other reasons to do so.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Who made a sticky of this thread? I don't remember getting any info from the coffee beanery asking to be removed.

Michigander did you know about this change in the cafe's policy? We had an OC slide show at this place. I wonder why they changed their mind.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Theo & Stacy's in Kalamazoo has welcomed us back ANYTIME, after we held a successful OC meetup there in January, 2009. They enjoyed our presence, and our large tips. :)

Venator

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Where did hunts with Double indoor range go? They were listed under Macomb County.

No businesses in Oakland county?? We need to get to work on adding some businesses.
SpringerXDacp still has the list on the events thread. I don't knew who pulled this old tread up, put it's from when we didn't have all the other businesses listed. I would like to this post taken down or have it so Springer can keep it updated.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
Where did hunts with Double indoor range go? They were listed under Macomb County.

No businesses in Oakland county?? We need to get to work on adding some businesses.
SpringerXDacp still has the list on the events thread. I don't knew who pulled this old tread up, put it's from when we didn't have all the other businesses listed. I would like to this post taken down or have it so Springer can keep it updated.
IMO, it would be bestif this threadis removed. Everything in the Events Thread is up-to-date. :uhoh::)

KittyBomb

imported post

Venator wrote:
The Coffee Beanery in Berkley has asked that they be removed from this list because "we do not want open carry in our Cafe nor does the Cafe support the policy."

Coffee Beanery:
28557 Woodward Avenue,Berkley, Michigan.

Well that is disappointing, I had heard of the meet up that you had there and thought that they were OC friendly.

So if I were to go in OC'ing I would not be welcome. (still need to get a good holster and some bravery to do it)

Thank you for the update.

I would like to see a list of OC friendly businesses in Oakland county. The other counties too.

Michigander

imported post

Venator wrote:
Who made a sticky of this thread? I don't remember getting any info from the coffee beanery asking to be removed.

Michigander did you know about this change in the cafe's policy? We had an OC slide show at this place. I wonder why they changed their mind.
If I had to guess, they must have seen someone open carrying there, maybe someone got upset, and contacted Mike or Jpierce. Maybe Greg the half owner got pressured into agreeing to bar OCing from the premises. It is the only way to explain the edit with no edit information at the bottom, not to mention the obvious fact it was stickied.

I open carried there about 2 weeks ago, maybe 3. Didn't hear any complaints. I was in there the other day CCing since I didn't have my phone with me (I've come to believe if I can't call 911 and Dean to get help, I don't want to OC), and I didn't see a sign that said no guns or any other hint of anything that had changed. I was printing fairly obviously, and my mag pouch was pretty blatantly visible, but no one said anything about it, and I bet they recognised me and knew I was carrying. Plus I've seen nervisrek open carry there a lot.

I guess it makes no difference what the reason is. It's just disappointing, because I enjoyed the place. Nice people, decent food. I will miss going there.

Venator

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Venator wrote:

If I had to guess, they must have seen someone open carrying there, maybe someone got upset, and contacted Mike or Jpierce. Maybe Greg the half owner got pressured into agreeing to bar OCing from the premises. It is the only way to explain the edit with no edit information at the bottom, not to mention the obvious fact it was stickied.

I open carried there about 2 weeks ago, maybe 3. Didn't hear any complaints. I was in there the other day CCing since I didn't have my phone with me (I've come to believe if I can't call 911 and Dean to get help, I don't want to OC), and I didn't see a sign that said no guns or any other hint of anything that had changed. I was printing fairly obviously, and my mag pouch was pretty blatantly visible, but no one said anything about it, and I bet they recognised me and knew I was carrying. Plus I've seen nervisrek open carry there a lot.

I guess it makes no difference what the reason is. It's just disappointing, because I enjoyed the place. Nice people, decent food. I will miss going there.
You could also inquire as to why the change. Perhaps it is a mis-communication.

Michigander

imported post

Definitely will look into it next time I'm in the area, assuming of course that Jpierce of Mike don't end up explaining what happened before that.

Edit to add: I stopped in today, and Greg wasn't there. Since he is the guy who invited us to begin with, I avoided asking any questions, and will wait until I see him to inquire. I figure I'll get the straightest answer that way.

SlowDog

imported post

Just met the manager of ADVANCED AUTO on Wayne Rd. just off Ford road. Told me they are a gun friendly store....so everyone stop by and say hi to Joe...the manager. He is now a member of the site as of tonight.:celebrate

thekunk47

imported post

In Macomb County,Andary's Restaurant just south of M-59 on Heydenreich is happy to accomodate open carriers but said he doesn't want any signs one way or the other in anything politically motivated.

SlowDog

imported post

Happen to see any Commander or Officer 45acp's? I know I know.....old guy guns. But I am old school and just love my 1911's.:lol:

Veritas

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Happen to see any Commander or Officer 45acp's? I know I know.....old guy guns. But I am old school and just love my 1911's.:lol:
Great pistols. I seem to remember coming across a website not long ago that sells old school 1911s... can't remember what the address is though. Try Google searching it.