Thread: Somebody give me a hand here.

Post imported post

Can someone look at the education requirements and confirm what I think here.

It seems that the education requirement would be fulfilled by having a blue card from hunter's safety, or being in the military would satisfy it as well. Is that what this is saying?

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/fir...mentation.html

Post imported post

That is EXACTLY what it is saying...... Hunter safety card from ANY state, or military ID are each satisfactory in filling that requirement. I saw some irony in the name of the commissioner, also.....

Post imported post

Why thank you very much, if I apply for the non resident Florida permit, I can apply for it on my birthday, instead of waiting to take the class after my birthday, and then sending it in.

The problem with waiting to take the class is that the class probably wouldn't take place until about mid to late August. There aren't many utah certified instructors in Texas, and they're mostly up north outside of even a 60 mile radius. And the discounted rates they gave me are more than the normal rates in Utah.

So I figure to get the Florida non resident permit, which is honored in both TX and UT.

Also, Florida has been averaging 114 days to issue a permit. About the same as Utah, and about the same fee wise when you take the class for Utah into account. The Florida permit is also good for 7 years.

Sound like a good option?

Post imported post

You certainly have my vote, for what it's worth.