• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Somebody give me a hand here.

colormered

imported post

That is EXACTLY what it is saying...... Hunter safety card from ANY state, or military ID are each satisfactory in filling that requirement. I saw some irony in the name of the commissioner, also.....

thx997303

imported post

Why thank you very much, if I apply for the non resident Florida permit, I can apply for it on my birthday, instead of waiting to take the class after my birthday, and then sending it in.

The problem with waiting to take the class is that the class probably wouldn't take place until about mid to late August. There aren't many utah certified instructors in Texas, and they're mostly up north outside of even a 60 mile radius. And the discounted rates they gave me are more than the normal rates in Utah.

So I figure to get the Florida non resident permit, which is honored in both TX and UT.

Also, Florida has been averaging 114 days to issue a permit. About the same as Utah, and about the same fee wise when you take the class for Utah into account. The Florida permit is also good for 7 years.

Sound like a good option?