• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Additonal Sites

Dragonflydf

imported post

a more active Arizona site is Arizonashooting.com.

We are having our 5th monthly open carry dinner on the 15th of Aug

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Not sure how to respond to that one...let's try.

If you like ad's and a simple forum then arizonashooting.com is your place to go.

If you think that going to dinner OC'n is the end all, arizonashooting.com is your place to go.

However, if you like a great community supported and administered by many of those on this site go to either ArizonaDefenseGroup.com or AZOpenCarry.com. ArizonaDefenseGroup.com provides the latest second ammendment news from around the country, every day with a link to forums that are more detailed than others. AZOpenCarry.com. is a great site to discuss your OpenCarry experiences in Arizona.

It's good to know the sheep are coming over and visiting.

Dragonflydf

imported post

Did you ever stop to think that all sites support the same thing ? and to bash one is doing yourself and your site more damage than good.

I was told that if you have nothing nice to say about someone, don't say it.

I happed to be very active on AZ shooting, the dinners started out as a way to put a face and name together and they have taken off in being a popular event. I have put together 2 open carry dinners, which I have not seen any members from your site attend. Our last dinner had 72 attendees, including some from Tucson, Globe, Payson, Prescott, and Flagstaff,we raised over $200 for the Arizona Citizens Defence League, and were on the local news, Can I ask what your site members have done lately ?

I was going to check out your sites, but if you are a example of the members there, I think I will pass.

You are your members are invited to attend our open carry dinner on Aug 15th, 7:30pm, Golden Coral buffet, 7600 W. Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Not sure I understand, you stated that people should go to "a more active site" in response to my post letting the public know of two great sites that are new to the community. I followed up with facts to your response. Secondly, many of the members that are on the site do go to the dinners. If your intent was not to be malicious, why not create your own post? We all support the same thing and the AZCDL..what was your intent?

Dragonflydf wrote:
Did you ever stop to think that all sites support the same thing ? and to bash one is doing yourself and your site more damage than good.

I was told that if you have nothing nice to say about someone, don't say it.

I happed to be very active on AZ shooting, the dinners started out as a way to put a face and name together and they have taken off in being a popular event. I have put together 2 open carry dinners, which I have not seen any members from your site attend. Our last dinner had 72 attendees, including some from Tucson, Globe, Payson, Prescott, and Flagstaff,we raised over $200 for the Arizona Citizens Defence League, and were on the local news, Can I ask what your site members have done lately ?

I was going to check out your sites, but if you are a example of the members there, I think I will pass.

You are your members are invited to attend our open carry dinner on Aug 15th, 7:30pm, Golden Coral buffet, 7600 W. Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ.

Dragonflydf

imported post

Maybe I should not have said a more active site, but I belive AZ shooting site was more active because I had never heard of your sites mentioned on any other sites that I frequent, but I have heard of AZ shooting on other sites, and have met a great number of the members there, either at gunshows, dinners or other events.

As far as Ads on the sites, there are Ads on here, as there are on most sites, it is a way to raise operating funds, I have no problem with them, as long as they are not popping up in my face.

you started the thread listing your sites, I added one, that is what a BB is for, if you did not want anyone adding to your post, you should not have made it.

As I said, if your a example of the members on the site, I think I will pass.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I just clicked on arizona shooting.com and got Disneyland.

Dragonflydf... you sound something of a snob. If you're an example of THAT group... I'll pass w/o a blink.

Dragonflydf

imported post

If you knew me, you would know I am about as far from that as possiable. I just believe that unless you have something good to say about something, it is better not to say anything at all, the the first contact from another starts bashing another site because it was posted in his thread tells me that is not the sort of group I would care to be involved with.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dragonflydf wrote:
If you knew me, you would know I am about as far from that as possiable. I just believe that unless you have something good to say about something, it is better not to say anything at all, the the first contact from another starts bashing another site because it was posted in his thread tells me that is not the sort of group I would care to be involved with.
To quote Curly Bill: "Well... g'bye."

RJ

Banned
imported post

Aw I see there is need for a ignor button here.

I guess eggshells are the pavement of this site, that one must be very gentle who they chat with, les they get sideways with someone.
I will keep that in mind, perhaps kindness will attract more than assholes.
JMO.
:shock: