• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay open carry event: 12 PM on August 8th, 2009 at Ted Fritsch Park

Landose_theghost

imported post

Well the day is Saturday Aug 8th (NO questions asked,this is happening)so lets get aheadcount here, just a simple "Im in" will do. If you plan on bringing a dish please include what you will be bringing in your post. AlsoI HIGHLY recommend car pooling as parking is on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

SprayAndPray

imported post

I'll be there , and I recruited Pepe ... the new guy, Not sure who else will be coming but i will keep you updated.

Changed to Bayshore Park

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Got drill that weekend :(

But here's a brochure you could print off to hand out if you want! Unless Woodchuck or bnhcomputing will be bringing them.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Hi folks, thanks for organizing this - we hope to run radio ads over 3 stations (before your event)in the greater Green Bay - Appleton - Osh Kosh area - to do so we need at least $1,500, better $2,000 - we now $1,050 so we need at least a few hundred more dollaws

if you all can pass the hat by passing this link at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.htmlto your lists of friends and associates, we can help put open carry on the map in Green Bay.

At http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.htmlyou can make donations in seconds by credit card.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I will add, I will be bringing the same "rights" pamphlet that I handed out at the La Crosse County event(s). See you there...

Woodchuck

imported post

logan wrote:
Got drill that weekend :(

But here's a brochure you could print off to hand out if you want! Unless Woodchuck or bnhcomputing will be bringing them.

Don't need to print any, me and Hubert have plenty to bring along

I'm in and bringing chili, someone else can bring crackers, bowls and spoons.

SprayAndPray

imported post

So far we have ..... ( please forgive any spelling errors)

1 Landose

1 Interceptor

4 Sprayandpray (I have another 10 to contact and will update number of attendees as I go)

1Protius

2 Pepe54 Plus aide

1 BNH computing ( Tater Salad)

1 Woodchuck ( Chili)

1 M9Shanalan (Chili, from the other thread)

Please quote this post , put the number of people you expect to attend with you before your name and if you are bringing anything in parentheses after , so we can ATTEMPT keep track of how many and who is bringing what.... I will figure out what i am bringing once everyone chimes in to try and fill in some holes, At this point it looks like we need soda , Water , Plastic silverware, chips, ..........

I am waiting to hear back from landose as to what he is bringing to grill and if he needs anyone to bring buns and such... I can also bring a grill if needed ( I also have a 2 burner outdoor cooker for the chili if someone wants me to bring it , remember we won't have electricity so crockpots wont work to keep the chili hot ), I have ruled out the kegerator full of root beer , Cause that just looks bad :D

I also have my ice maker working overtime and filling up the freezer in the basement with ice, Between that and a few bar owners I know in green bay,I am sure I can arrange plenty of ice.

Monday I think I am going tom throw together a Brochure and see about leaving it at some local gun stores / Ranges

Should we be cross posting onother sites?I plan on Cross postingon Arfcom WiHTF... If you are a member of other pro gun sites I think we should be hitting them all .... Unless someone objects for some reason.

Considering inviting a small group of the pink pistols ... nothing confuses Liberals more then gays with guns? Opinions?

I am also working on a press release for the media , I have contacted a friend at The Press Gazette, and am going to send the release to all of the local stations, when it is done I will post it here, If anyone wants to use it to contact their local media.....

So .... What are we forgetting?

As we will be outside should we be picking a rain date?

( Also , Mods can we get this moved back to the Wisconsin Hometown forum? I think It will get more applicable traffic there , Maybe put up a post in the "Open carry brigade" section with a link to the thread in the HTF, I almost skipped looking at this thread today cause it showed the same 4 replies as yesterday, and I am sure others are doing the same thing)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

SprayAndPray wrote:
( Also , Mods can we get this moved back to the Wisconsin Hometown forum? I think It will get more applicable traffic there , Maybe put up a post in the "Open carry brigade" section with a link to the thread in the HTF, I almost skipped looking at this thread today cause it showed the same 4 replies as yesterday, and I am sure others are doing the same thing)

The link is still there; but everyone should be checking the board from the main page first, then hit the discussion forum and click "recent" - that brings up the hottest issues, and fact, this very thread is #1.

That's where the press goes to check what's happenning :)

Landose_theghost

imported post

Date is also changed guys...Saturday the 8th not the first. Same time 12pm, Different place,Directions are above in Spray&Prays post...BTW we still need plates,napkins...etc so please feel free to PM me if you are able to help out. Thx.

Landose_theghost

imported post

I do believe that we are activly taking care of our "Fecal matter" Intercepter. Or would you rather everyone attending this event be cited for an ordinance violation? An ordinance violation I might add,that would have went entirely unnoticed if we werent for us members "Planning as a group"(Much thanks to Spray&Pray for finding that little ordinance btw).

dmworken