• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay open carry event: 12 PM on August 8th, 2009 at Ted Fritsch Park

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just got an email from Jerry Bader talk show host of the Morning showon WTAQ 1360 AM, 8:30 am - 11:00 am

He says that , Interceptor_Knightwill be on the air :D, Weds Morning, talking about the Green Bay Picnic.

:arrow:Listen in if you can.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

I just got off the phone with Landose. The picnic will be at Ted Fritsch Park in GreenBay near NWTC. Bay Beach will be very crowded on Saturday as all picnic areas available for reservation are taken along with the ball diamond and the expectation is that these large groups have some priority for the overflow areas near the area they rent.

The city also recommended Fritsch Park as being a less crowded location. They assured me that it is the City of Green Bay property. I also called the Town of Hobart PD and asked the general question if that park was in Hobart or Oneida jurisdiction (without mentioning why I was asking) and they stated that it is the City of Green Bay.

Very easy directions.....

WestMason past NWTC toLacount Road. Take a right (north) on Lacount road and it runs right into the park.

http://www.ci.green-bay.wi.us/parks/parks/shelters/fritsch.html

This is a very nice park with plenty of room for a group ofadults and kids.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
I just got off the phone with Landose. The picnic will be at Ted Fritsch Park in GreenBay near NWTC. Bay Beach will be very crowded on Saturday as all picnic areas available for reservation are taken along with the ball diamond and the expectation is that these large groups have some priority for the overflow areas near the area they rent.

The city also recommended Fritsch Park as being a less crowded location. They assured me that it is the City of Green Bay property. I also called the Town of Hobart PD and asked the general question if that park was in Hobart or Oneida jurisdiction (without mentioning why I was asking) and they stated that it is the City of Green Bay.

Very easy directions.....

WestMason past NWTC toLacount Road. Take a right (north) on Lacount road and it runs right into the park.

http://www.ci.green-bay.wi.us/parks/parks/shelters/fritsch.html

This is a very nice park with plenty of room for a group ofadults and kids.
Great Work Interceptor & Landose, way to work together on this :D:celebrate!!!!Thanks for all of your hard work , making the calls !!!

cheezhed

imported post

what is the time of the picnic again? I will try to make it if I can get transportation as my car is a piece of junk.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cheezhed wrote:
what is the time of the picnic again? I will try to make it if I can get transportation as my car is a piece of junk.
Starts around noon. A few of us will be there at 10 am , getting things set up. Hope to see you there.:)

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

In light of this being a public board and the radio advertising which began this week encouraging people to visit Oc.org, it would be wise for all to edit your posts where the bickering was taking place.

It appears that all of our issues with this picnic have been resolved or will shortly be. The city has agreed to issue a permit for this event without the insurance requirement. There is only a type of liability release form which needs to be signed. We also went ahead and reserved the shelter at Fritsch Park so there will be a place for the kids to get out of the sun and we can use the electrical outlets to keep food warm. This compromise allows us to hold our picnic in a manor that all parties involved should feel better about and anyone who was hesitant should now feel very comfortable in attending.

I have requested an exception to the public building use with firearms statute for this picnic which would allow participants to get out of the sun also. I expect to get a response tomorrow.

Although there is strong opposition to getting a permit at all, this compromise allows us to hold thispicnic in cooperation with the city which will help the positive public image we are trying to convey.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do we want a FREE DJ ?? I will spin the tunes...free. let me know, im gonna be there any ways

Can you, post a link to the video.. i can't find it

protias

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Do we want a FREE DJ ?? I will spin the tunes...free. let me know, im gonna be there any ways

I could bring most of my music on a portable hard drive.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

I am a wedding DJ, i have a computer with about 8ooo songs on it.

protias

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
protias wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

So we are going to compare music collections eh? I'm just a shade over 60k songs for 470 GB. Looks like I could use my 500 GB drive, I was worried it was bigger than that.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
protias wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

So we are going to compare music collections eh? I'm just a shade over 60k songs for 470 GB. Looks like I could use my 500 GB drive, I was worried it was bigger than that.
well sorry, i beat ya to it...and my system will beat out anything you have. although this would be lite, oldiesback ground music at the picnic. what does 60,000 songs do for you when you can play at the most 70 -80 songs in a 4 hour period. and people always request the same 50 songs a nite....

protias

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
well sorry, i beat ya to it...and my system will beat out anything you have. although this would be lite, oldiesback ground music at the picnic. what does 60,000 songs do for you when you can play at the most 70 -80 songs in a 4 hour period. and people always request the same 50 songs a nite....
Ya, I don't have any speakers I could use, so you've got me beat there. Meh :p

RugerMan

imported post

Man, that just kills me. I really wanna be there! this the 2nd OC picnic I'm missing due to a wedding. :cry:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

RugerMan wrote:
Man, that just kills me. I really wanna be there! this the 2nd OC picnic I'm missing due to a wedding. :cry:

Just have an OC wedding, problem solved.

Just watch the news clip. EXCELLENT. Two women saying how they are NOT afraid!