• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

While were on the subject

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

anyone oc one of these? they make a sweet looking high ride holster.

BTTP9.gif

FunkTrooper

imported post

yeah you should check out this video it really shows you the anti-gun mentality, it's hilarious when you hear her talk about things she knows nothing about. It also helps you to understand how someone could call the police about your pistol and mistake it for a machine gun.

shad0wfax

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
yeah you should check out this video it really shows you the anti-gun mentality, it's hilarious when you hear her talk about things she knows nothing about. It also helps you to understand how someone could call the police about your pistol and mistake it for a machine gun.

The only thing I can take out of that entire video is that people like her need to be exposed to The Armed Citizen both the column in NRA magazines and the individual armed citizen in the USA on a regular basis.

I can't believe she grounded the muzzle of that beautiful skeet gun on the concrete.

FunkTrooper

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:

The only thing I can take out of that entire video is that people like her need to be exposed to The Armed Citizen both the column in NRA magazines and the individual armed citizen in the USA on a regular basis.

I can't believe she grounded the muzzle of that beautiful skeet gun on the concrete.
Well grounding it on concrete sure beats using her foot, I've seen some of the aftermath of that.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

I watched that show when it originally aired. I think this is probably the best quote to show how disconnected she is:

"I think people that need guns for protection are paranoid. Protection from what? I live near a spot where 4 people were murdered, and I don't have a gun..."

Seriously? Do you not realize you JUST answered your own question? Maybe if one of those four people had a GUN, some of them might be alive today. None are so blind as those who will not see.

She is one of those who lives life based on emotion instead or rational thought. Her "friend", you know, the one she had to pay to talk to her (a counselor of some sort, who probably considered this woman not a "friend" but rather a "patient") was gunned down by another patient. Tragic indeed, but 9 years later and she can't let it go? "Every" shooting story brings it back? I think she needs to find another counselor, as she obviously still has some issues to work out.

I swear, people like that just make no sense. I particularly like all the derogatory stereotypes she tossed out over dinner before she left. Remember these are the folks that are all for diversity and tolerance and are supposed to be so enlightened...

Batousaii

imported post

+1 100% Agree 911Boss. I was happy she finally gave a little in the end, but i still think she was pretty closed minded.. the whole over acting dramatic part where she fires the shotgun for the first time and bursts into tears... convoluted to say the least, but hey, she put on a good show for all to empathise with her woes -- what ever...lol. couldn't see the fact that othersmight really save their own lives from an intruder until she actually talked to some "Normal everyday" people (opposed to the southern flag flying moonshine drinkers she was living with ???") who had done so... wow....

Sad :cry:People with perfect vision can be so blind .... how ???

Bat.

FMCDH

imported post

I disagree with you both a bit.

I think in a 30 day period, she made a great stride. Education is not a light switch to be turned on or off, and when you live in a culture of one extreme or another, reversing that mindset that has kept you "sane" and "safe" according to the world you make for yourself, changing that mind is not an easy thing.

She certainly has issues she has not dealt with, and the concept that perhaps she was the one who was actually "afraid" this whole time I think started to sink in.

I don't think she was acting at all when she fired the shotgun for the first time. What she was doing was opening herself to an experience that was so totally against what she had chosen to tell herself was evil in and of itself.

She was choosing to step outside of the comfort zone she had created for herself. The comfort zone that said that guns are the problem, and not people. She was learning in a vary real way that she had been wrong to place all her energy and anger at an inanimate object, and when you start to realize you cant be mad at the gun, you have to start holding the humans who you live with on this world every day accountable for their actions instead.

That's a very real and scary thing for someone who so truly wants to idealize a society of flawed human beings as some kind of perfect, or capable of perfection.

I have seen this same transformation that Tia went through in so many of my relatives, friends and others of whom I have had a hand in educating and training.

Two facts stick out.

Change doesn't happen overnight, and while it often happens with the person kicking and screaming the whole way, in the end they ALL feel empowered and that the experience was life changing for the positive.

That's a powerful thing, and should never be made lite of, regardless of if the person decides to carry or own a gun afterwords.

Batousaii

imported post

FMCDH, i would definitely say "30 days" probably isn't really enough for someone that has so totally convinced themselves that guns (in and of themselves) are evil items to change much. From how you stated it, i see your point too though. I (personally) still feel the whole bursting into tears things was a bit overly dramatic. Maybe she is just that "sensitive" but, again, she had a camera in her face for national TV to see, and i seen the whole thing too often where people like to make an "emotional drive" in an effort to gather support for their cause when they know they have an audience. For many, the logical aspect is non applicable.

- I do fully acknowledge the amount she gave in the end, and i did like her end commentary. However, i think if she had to be there for 90 days, maybe she would have actually learned to enjoy and understand it fully. 30 days might provide some insight, but there could have been a better approach too.

- BIG ISSUE for me: I would NOT have made her (or anyone) shoot a shotgun / rifle off the bat... maybe a .22lr target pistol, then onto .38, small rifle, up to shotgun and M-4 .... I seen people get turned off from a big gun and decide they weren't gonna shoot anymore. Might have had a bit to do with her reaction, but again, it's national TV, we all love a drama. If they did that on purpose, andit really did freak her out that much, then bad on her mentor (and/or theshow directors).

- I will admit, it might just be my bias from dealing with various semi hysterical anti-types (not just guns)that will literally cry at the subject until they feel they are winning, then get aggressive. It's admittedly tainted me a bit and I'll admit to my bias. I am always willing to listen and consider or politely debate my positions validity, i just appreciate the same from the opposing side. Hysterics, has never impressed me.

:dude:pardon if i seem like a hard azz here.

bat.

P.S. I think a follow up show would be very interesting, did she keep in contact with them ? Or did it change any of her views in the long run. Did it give the gun owner any food for thought, or cause any change in him ? -- i would be curious.

*Spelling

Dr. Fresh

imported post

I can see starting off with a .22, but the .223 is hardly a punishing round. My sister had no trouble outshooting me the first time she picked up an AR-15.

antispam540

imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
I can see starting off with a .22, but the .223 is hardly a punishing round. My sister had no trouble outshooting me the first time she picked up an AR-15.
Every girl I've seen picks it up faster and shoots better from the start than me or other guys I know. Maybe we should focus on getting guns into the hands of women rather than men :lol: (note that this might not hold over time, as I've gotten pretty decent over several years, and I don't know how girls tend to improve over time, if there even is a difference)

shad0wfax

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Dr. Fresh wrote:
I can see starting off with a .22, but the .223 is hardly a punishing round.  My sister had no trouble outshooting me the first time she picked up an AR-15.
Every girl I've seen picks it up faster and shoots better from the start than me or other guys I know.  Maybe we should focus on getting guns into the hands of women rather than men :lol:  (note that this might not hold over time, as I've gotten pretty decent over several years, and I don't know how girls tend to improve over time, if there even is a difference)

My theory is that women have much less ego when it comes to firearms, and are therefore more receptive to teaching. When a good instructor comes along, women listen and get it right the first time. Often times, the male ego inhibits proper learning from a good instructor.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

I'd have to agree. She was very receptive, and she's smart enough to figure things out. The red dot wasn't adjusted properly but she managed to adjust her aim accordingly and hit small objects at 200 yards no problem.

:celebrate

EDIT: Not sure if it was a red dot. Don't know my optics too well. It was like a small scope with a red dot instead of crosshairs and little to no zoom.