• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kent City Code in violation?

Bader

imported post

The code reads as follows:
9.41.070 or a person exempted from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060.
C.This section shall not apply during shows, demonstrations, or lectures involving the exhibition of firearms or other weapons.
D.For the purposes of this section, firearm means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.
E.This section shall only apply to those areas of the Kent Commons that are within the Kent Commons building or that are contained to an area adjacent to the building by a temporary barrier during use for an event hosted by the Kent Commons.
F.A person who violates this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor."

Bader

imported post

Also, does the following municipal code mean that an individual can not own a pair of "nunchukas" in their own home?

9.02.340 Sale, manufacture, possession of certain weapons. Any person who sells, manufactures, purchases, possesses, or carries:
1.Any device commonly known as nunchuka sticks, consisting of two (2) or more lengths of wood, metal, plastic, or similar substance connected with wire, rope, or other means; or
2.Any device commonly known as throwing stars, which are multipointed, metal objects designed to embed upon impact from any aspect in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons;
is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.

Bader

imported post

For some reason it didn't put in all of the text I copied, and it's not letting my edit it. Check out the Kent Municipal Code with keyword of "Firearms Kent Commons".

They say that they prohibit the carry of weapons, including firearms, on the property of the Kent Commons. (With the exception of those licensed to carry a concealed pistol)

Not sure if the Commons ground is considered a convention center by Washington State Law.. and I also didn't know it was city property.

joeroket

imported post

It is considered a convention center by standard dictionary definition. That code is exactly in line with the RCW's as they can restrict the possession of firearms as long as the restriction does not apply to a CPL holder, which they have stated it does not apply to them in the code.