• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prono & Ads in Member List

Brushfire

imported post

I'm a new member and when I went to the Members list, I saw a bunch of weird stuff with exclamation marks ! at the beginning of the list. A moderator might want to look at that and clean it out.

Brushfire

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

A mod can't do shit about it.

And seeing as how this is a MyWowBB hosted forum, I don't know that an admin even could.

LEO 229

imported post

I think they can delete accounts.

But you have toknow it is a bad account and there are just too many. What is the membership up to now? 20,000???

If you delete half the BS accounts.. the total membership count would drop. :shock:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
A mod can't do @#$% about it.

And seeing as how this is a MyWowBB hosted forum, I don't know that an admin even could.
Mods could certainly alert the Admins to people with multiple screen names.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:

Actually, the admin tools from Wowbb are pretty good. I have written a SQL routine that identifies "spam-bot" accounts and prunes them. I run it every month or so.

I just ran it and it deleted 2,038 bad accounts.

John

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

jpierce wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:

Actually, the admin tools from Wowbb are pretty good. I have written a SQL routine that identifies "spam-bot" accounts and prunes them. I run it every month or so.

I just ran it and it deleted 2,038 bad accounts.

John
Fair enough. I don't have any experience with this particular software from the admin end, I'm a VBulletin fanboy.