Thread: Can you carry in state parks?

Post imported post

In VA can you carry a gun in your vehicle in a state park? I have some friends asking? They don't have a CC permit so would open carry it but would like to take it but leave it in there car. They are planning to camp in the park is why they are wondering.

Post imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
    In VA can you carry a gun in your vehicle in a state park? I have some friends asking? They don't have a CC permit so would open carry it but would like to take it but leave it in there car. They are planning to camp in the park is why they are wondering.
    Currently only CC is allowed in state parks in VA. IANAL but I would think in the event they do not have a CHP the firearm must be unloaded and secured while in the state park.

King Kane's orders in opposition to AG opinion.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    hometheaterman wrote:
    Currently only CC is allowed in state parks in VA. IANAL but I would think in the event they do not have a CHP the firearm must be unloaded and secured while in the state park.

King Kane's orders in opposition to AG opinion.
    Unloaded and secured is for the travel part of federal laws. It also involves transportation through a place, not while you stay.

I was recently at a State Park for 11 days. I saw a sign that said firearms were prohibited except with a concealed handgun permit. Do a search on my user name and look for a thread about carry in state parks if you want the exact wording.