• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Info Thread: Consolodation and clean up

WARCHILD

imported post

I would like to make a suggestion. After input from a couple of readers I have referred to the thread; they had concerns about reading through so much stuff that wasn't what they were trying to find.
Can someone with a little more computer savvy than me possibly set up a couple of new threads to split all the info out of the info thread?
I.E....The new member info is great but split off the thread to...

New Member Info

F.A.Q.; Create a list of the most frequent questions with a short answer and link to the info

Firearm friendly: Businesses, Corporate Polocies

Just a suggestion....any ideas/volunteers?

autosurgeon

imported post

I could sort them into three documents and and then copy past back into a thread once I have it done! You guys could then criteqe them and as I would have them in a document form I could make changes and then overwrite the old version with the new version....

Let me know...if you want me to do it and I will be glad to!

ghostrider

imported post

Here's an idea. Let me know what you think.(it kinda goes along the lines of what Jerry was suggesting).

Start with a FAQ.

Start a thread asking people on this board to submit some of the things they were looking for when they first started here, and what they think would be a good comment for the FAQ.

Then post that in the thread, and then start the other parts.

That way, there would be something quick and easy (the FAQ) for newbs to view, while the rest is being worked out.

Thoughts and comments?

autosurgeon

imported post

Those are good ideas... however I am not going to destroy what we already have until I get the new better organized sections up. And even then Mike would have to delete the old thread as I couldn't!

Also I think that the documents that I generate should be posted on MI Open Carry in PDF format as a backup for the data. It can then always be copied back to a doc file for further additions!

A Faq is a very good idea and could touch on the main important STUFF that a person needs to know to OC legally and safely in MI.

I will start a new thread asking for FAQ topics.

WARCHILD

imported post

Thanks for jumping in guys, I knew someone could do it. I also think the MCL's should have it's own thread with nothing in it but the MCL listings. This would lower the length of some posts having the complete MCL listed to make a point. Readers could also simply go to the MCL thread to look up a specific law they are looking for. This was another question by a reader, why so many posts had the same MCL repeated so often. They were referring to the "Quote" function we use. It does make a thread very lengthly when looking for something. I knew you guys could work something out and I very much appreciate it.