• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just watched cops on tv

holy cow

imported post

Just watched cops on tv. One skit was about some dude shooting a pellet gun. Neighbor called the cops. Cops get there and dummie runs inside the home and ends up getting TAZED! LOL what an idiot!

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Okay a pellet gun is just that a gun. It can cause damage and even death. As a police officer you don't know it is a pellet gun or a actual firearm.

from the perspective of the police officer it is a scary situation to go into. Now when a suspect runs into a house with a gun. It is more intense and dangerous.

As much flak as they get they have a hard job.

b1ack5mith

imported post

well some pellet guns are really strong too! my bro has a powerline, and that thing is 1000+ fps :eek: sounds like a .22 when you shoot it almost! (well like a .22 with some subsonic ammo :p) still though, if i were a cop, i wouldnt hesitate to shoot someone who was pointing a real pellet gun at me... they can kill ya if they hit you in the eye or temple!

also, has anyone noticed that KSL is having issues? im lookin for a big fish tank and its showing everything as posted last night, and no sooner. tech difficulties with the site?

bmeldrum

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Okay a pellet gun is just that a gun. It can cause damage and even death. As a police officer you don't know it is a pellet gun or a actual firearm.

from the perspective of the police officer it is a scary situation to go into. Now when a suspect runs into a house with a gun. It is more intense and dangerous.

So quick story: back in 1993/94 I got suspended from high school for having a BB gun in my backpack: it was black, a handgun that looked like a 9mm glock or something. That is exactly what the principle, school officer and everyone told me, it looks real enough that they would have no idea whether its a bb gun or not.

Plus it can still do a lot of damage. Another quick story: my friends and I were at camp (brought the bb gun) went up the hill to look for something & my friend shot towards me, I got hit in the leg and the bb penetrated my thigh: had to have the scout master cut it out.

holy cow

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:

I couldnt agree more. perhaps its time that the cops get the KUDOS that they deserve from this forum.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

holy cow wrote:
perhaps its time that the cops get the KUDOS that they deserve from this forum.

Youmay do whatever you want with your kudos, but no group of people deservemine. Individuals may earn them.

Did you give your kudos to the fucstick in Cambridgethat arrested Professor Gates? :question:

kudos.jpg

thx997303

imported post

+1 SGT Jensen

I know several LEOs from Lehi PD that deserve respect. I have come to respect those officers through my dealings with them.

On the other hand, there are a few in American Fork who I loathe. If you search back a little, you will see why.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
holy cow wrote:
perhaps its time that the cops get the KUDOS that they deserve from this forum.

Youmay do whatever you want with your kudos, but no group of people deservemine. Individuals may earn them.

Did you give your kudos to the fucstick in Cambridgethat arrested Professor Gates? :question:
I am disgusted that he gets the charges dropped by yelling "It's cause i'm black"

Yet Mnt Jack has to go through all the expense of getting a jury to drop his charges,
and he didn't even disrespect the officer.

Why don't they ever show the
"COPS JBT's" episodes where they harass OC'ers? I'd rent it.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

......classic. Never heardthis onebefore. :banghead: edition.cnn.com/2009/US/07/23/officer.gates.arrest/index.html

"That was for my safety first and foremost. I have to go home at night, I have three beautiful children and a wife who depend on me. So I had no other motive than to ensure my safety."

Doug Huffman wrote:
Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool because no one can be against safety.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Hey Mr. cow, here are 40 cops you can you can give kudos to! 40 COPS!!! For one 78 year old man. Pathetic.

After a nearly two-hour standoff, police and SWAT officers used nonlethal force Thursday to subdue a 78-year-old man who had threatened to kill himself.

Police said the man, who had been drinking alcohol since the night before, called 911 around 10:30 a.m. threatening suicide and told police he had a gun, said Lindon Police Chief Cody Cullimore.

When police arrived at the man's duplex at 480 N. Locust Ave., after unsuccessfully trying to re-establish a phone connection, they searched the backyard, where the man had claimed he was, but were unable to find him. Nearly 40 officers responded from the Lindon, Orem and Pleasant Grove police departments, as well as the Utah County Metro SWAT team.

holy cow

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Hey Mr. cow, here are 40 cops you can you can give kudos to! 40 COPS!!! For one 78 year old man. Pathetic.

After a nearly two-hour standoff, police and SWAT officers used nonlethal force Thursday to subdue a 78-year-old man who had threatened to kill himself.

Police said the man, who had been drinking alcohol since the night before, called 911 around 10:30 a.m. threatening suicide and told police he had a gun, said Lindon Police Chief Cody Cullimore.

When police arrived at the man's duplex at 480 N. Locust Ave., after unsuccessfully trying to re-establish a phone connection, they searched the backyard, where the man had claimed he was, but were unable to find him. Nearly 40 officers responded from the Lindon, Orem and Pleasant Grove police departments, as well as the Utah County Metro SWAT team.
They did a great job didnt they. As far as I know no one was injured and the drunk man was taken into custody. The professonal demeanor exhibited in behavior and actions by those outstanding Officers usaully is not noted. I for one am grateful for those men of honor, courage and integrity. Seems like they get poked at alot on this site. I think that is wrong.

thx997303

imported post

Negative Mr. Cow, how is a SWAT response to a man wanting to commit suicide appropriate in any way.

While I think it is wrong morally, and very hurtful to family and loved ones, if he wants to blow his brains out, let the man do it.

How is an armed response going to stop someone bent on suicide?

It won't.

holy cow

imported post

It is the right response to first take steps to protect others. Then help Mr crazy if you can. A bean bag or two vs suicide is the right thing in MHO.

That is what I understood happended when I read the article.

You guys would bash the cops whatever they do. You make my point well.

holy cow

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
LEO bashing is not a past time ofmine.

You would praise cops whatever they do. You make this point well.

I have been lurking here long enough to know how you feel about cops. Go BS someone else.

Yeah, I will respect those brave enough to do a job that most wont. and endure the abuses.

KUDOS!

edited to church it up some