• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buy a truck...get an AK-47!

Veritas

imported post

Hahaha yeah that guy is great!

You know... I can't help but shake my head when these jerkoff news anchors try to grandstand on the air like that. She didn't know jack crap about an AK-47... so who is she to pass judgment on the purposes for owning one? She couldn't even properly articulate the words "assault rifle", for crying out loud... she calls it a "semi assault weapon". I love how she thinks she's so informed, informed enough to form a biased opinion, when she can't even properly describe what an AK47 is.

"Why do you think the word 'guns' belongs in the same sentence with the word 'God'", she asks. Uh... because it's his belief and his right?! If I were him, I'd have asked if she had a problem with the word "trucks" being used in the same sentence as "God". It's a motto, lady... something that sums up his system of beliefs in a concise statement. As a journalist, she should know that words can be used exclusively in a sentence. Also, as a journalist, she should know that if people have a problem with someone exercising a freedom that they can just suck it. These stupid journalists exercise "freedom of the press" all day long, but want to jump all over someone for speaking freely or bearing arms. Hypocrites.

She annoyed the piss out of me. "I grew up in rural America and we had guns... but we didn't have AK47's". STFU lady. As he explained, times are far different than they were 30 years ago when she was a teenager. He articulated a real issue... meth heads invading homes to rob people... and the fact that the town is so rural that police response time is 15 minutes or longer. When 7 armed people kick in your door, an assault rifle makes the most sense. Better than a pistol or a shotgun. But hey, that makes too much sense for her to comprehend. She wants to sensationalize the issue and make it about something it's not.

After he told the story about the 7 gunmen who executed a family, she says something like "Well police officers are shot in the line of duty every day and they carry guns too so some people might not think that's a great argument." WHAT?! What the hell does someone defending their family against multiple attackers invading their home have to do with a criminal who shoots at police officers? Her arguments make no damn sense. I guess you have to be a moron to see her point.

He's giving coupons to people who buy vehicles. They still have to go through the proper channels to buy a gun. It's not like he's handing illegal weapons out to felons. Get over yourself, woman.

As for the morons commenting on the article itself, that shows you what sort of fools form opinions about things that they don't understand. Someone says something to the effect of "Great... now people can buy trucks and get a gun with it so they can do drive-by's". It's moron reporters that convince moron Americans that this is anything remotely close to logical. Like some criminal is going to spend $30,000 on a vehicle so they can get a $450 coupon for a weapon (after going through a background check) JUST so they can do a drive-by. Give me a flippin' break.

I really wish these hypocrits understood that the same Constitution that enumerates them the right to say foolish things is the same Constitition that enumerates our right to own firearms... including "semi assault weapons". Get over it people... piss and moan all you want, guns will never go away. Ever. So cry about something else.