• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mike Montandon for Governor!!!!!!!!

HMMWV

imported post

[align=center][size=You are Invited to Meet][size=][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][size=Mike Montandon][/align]

[align=center][size=Former Mayor, North Las Vegas][/align]

[align=center][size=Candidate for Nevada Governor[b][/b]][/align]
[size=]

Please come to meet Mayor Mike Montandon in a casual, neighborhood setting to hear his plan for leadership as the next governor for the state of Nevada.

Mike Montandon recently completed twelve years of executive leadership as Mayor of North Las Vegas, a city which has been recently designated as the fastest growing city in America.

Where: 5155 Blissful Valley Circle

Las Vegas, 89149

When: Thursday, July 23, at 7:30

Hosted by: Mike and Kay Butchko

We invite you to meet your neighbors, share ideas and light summer refreshments.

RSVP: Kay Butchko

645-1840

Cell 512-659-4047 butchko@cox.net

Please RSVP.

Not a Joke!!!!

squatchie666

imported post

Umm, I may be wrong here but doesn't North Las Vegas have one of those illegal and overly strict laws making it a crime to possess a loaded firearm in the city of N. Las Vegas?
You are asking a pro-gun forum to support someone who has been mayor one of the most anti-gun cities in the state?

squatchie666

imported post

Ok, well he needs to make that a bit more clear with a comment or something because all I saw was an ad like the post for Laurie Bisch

varminter22

imported post

squatchie666 wrote:
Umm, I may be wrong here but doesn't North Las Vegas have one of those illegal and overly strict laws making it a crime to possess a loaded firearm in the city of N. Las Vegas?
You are asking a pro-gun forum to support someone who has been mayor one of the most anti-gun cities in the state?
Whoa! Wait a minute!

Mike Montandon is on record as a VERY pro-gun guy.

Just because he was Mayor doesn't mean he could change ordinances single handedly. He was Mayor - not King/dictator. There is a body called "city council" ...

I met Mayor Mike Montandon once, on March 7, 2009. He gratiously came here to be our guest speaker at our club dinner. During dinner we chatted quite a bit - and I was very impressed. I think it quite safe to say the other 180 diners enjoyed him also.

normal_a101.jpg

I wish him well in his run for governor.

Additionally, see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/6862.html (from January 2008); specifically the following from Mayor (at that time) Mike:

Thanks for writing. I have been trying for years to get our unconstitutional code changed, but didn't have the support of my council.
Better yet, why don't you call or email Mike or even attend the eventand ASK HIM. I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

calmp9

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
squatchie666 wrote:
Whoa! Wait a minute!

Mike Montandon is on record as a VERY pro-gun guy.

Just because he was Mayor doesn't mean he could change ordinances single handedly. He was Mayor - not King/dictator. There is a body called "city council" ...

I met Mayor Mike Montandon once, on March 7, 2009. He gratiously came here to be our guest speaker at our club dinner. During dinner we chatted quite a bit - and I was very impressed. I think it quite safe to say the other 180 diners enjoyed him also.

normal_a101.jpg

I wish him well in his run for governor.

Additionally, see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/6862.html (from January 2008); specifically the following from Mayor (at that time) Mike:

Thanks for writing. I have been trying for years to get our unconstitutional code changed, but didn't have the support of my council.
Better yet, why don't you call or email Mike or even attend the eventand ASK HIM. I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.
I guess people automatically assume that all elected officials from North Las Vegas are anti-gun. It's very unfair but unfortunately, North Las Vegas' reputation precedes them.

Gordie

imported post

I too was at the SFA dinner where he spoke. He didn't seem to unhappy about being at the dinner or the gun raffle that was held there.

I would not hesitate to vote for him. I only wish that there was two of him, so that we could put him up against Harry Reid for Senate.

squatchie666

imported post

According to this post he was mayor for 12 years. In 12 years the makeup of a city council changes several times. To say that he couldn't get a blatently illegal law (Nevada law) repealed in 12 years because of the city council is simply making excuses.
I think the problem is more likely that he cared more about getting re-elected, and now getting elected as governor, than he did about actually doing anything as mayor. Hence he seems like a typical politician and wouldn't do anything as governor except playing politics to get re-elected.

wrightme

imported post

squatchie666 wrote:
According to this post he was mayor for 12 years. In 12 years the makeup of a city council changes several times. To say that he couldn't get a blatently illegal law (Nevada law) repealed in 12 years because of the city council is simply making excuses.
I think the problem is more likely that he cared more about getting re-elected, and now getting elected as governor, than he did about actually doing anything as mayor. Hence he seems like a typical politician and wouldn't do anything as governor except playing politics to get re-elected.
Really? Just your opinion, or do you know that the makeup of that council has changed?

varminter22

imported post

squatchie666 wrote:
Good grief! Do a li'l study for crying out loud.

SB-92 was enacted in 2007, only two years before Mike Montandon's Mayor term ended. How many city councils did he have during the past two years?

And, FYI, the NLV City Council is NOT the only body that is fighting this issue.

This issue has been going on for two years - and is still not resolved. Hence, all this forum traffic and letters to the AG.

Good grief!

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree. Mr Montandon is an ally and I will support him in his bid for governor with my vote. Maybe unsurprisingly, the main reason (explained to me) it's so hard to repeal this ordinance is that the police lobby hard against changing it. And since it was his last term, every member of the City Council was running for office and needed the support of the police lobby. So none of the council members wanted it changed. That means any vote to change it likely would have failed 4-to-1.